Jerry is a moron

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
I think the Cowboys did a great job in this draft so far.

#22 Felix Jones: A player (like Marion) that can share the load and won't
complain about it. He's fast and goes THRU THE
MIDDLE & break it to the outside and he fits our system too.
I think Mendenhall is good also. I think the "One Hit
Wonder" Tag is one of the reasons why he fell.
Secondly, he's running style clashes with M. Barber's.

I think people Just hate the fact we have drafted another
RB named Jones. Just give THIS Jones a chance.

#25 Mike Jenkins: He will be a great addition to the secondary. Newman,
Henry, Pacman & Jenkins. Thats got to be music to your
Cowboy ears.

#61 Martellus Bennet: Don't know much about him but, from the highlight
videos I've seen he can be a good asset in 2 TE sets.

BREAKING NEWS: NOBODY DRAFTED A WR IN THE 1ST RD. AND YES! THAT
INCLUDES THE TITANS TOO!

Madden '09 here I come :starspin

MWILL

Fear the Afro
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2056565 said:
Herein lies the problem:

Prior to the draft, media analysts parrot the same 20 to 25 player names repeatedly. Such repitition can become problematic for fans who consider themselves experts due to their habitual and rigorous watching of NFL games on TV.

This type of fan often becomes enamored of certain players based on his own brand of "scouting," which normally involves watching and rewatching the same 2 to 3 minutes of stock highlight footage replayed ad nauseum by ESPN and NFLN.

Once the fan has completed his "scouting" report, he then provides a list of acceptable draft picks for his team; if his team fails to select one of these picks when given the opportunity, the fan laments the idiocy of team ownership and decrees the draft a failure.

That's my experience, anyway. ;)

That's sounds about right. :bravo:

I was pretty shocked with some of the negetive comments made on this board.

Oh well, can't please everybody. ;)

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Every freaking year it is the same thing...before the player gets a chance to play he is declared a bust...because he can't possible be better than their pet cat :bang2:

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Joe Rod;2054999 said:
I had no problem with the first two picks, but Jerry essentially replaced traded a second round pick for a fourth round by doing this. Why not just keep Fasano??????

They didn't like Fasano's blocking... Witten is all you need as a receiving TE, for your second TE you really need a stout blocker...

silverbear

Reaction score
windward;2055014 said:
Yep. We could have reached for Doucet or Manningham, (who we may be able to pick up in the third or fourth) Instead we chose to select a talented player that will have a positive impact in our running and passing game imo.

Draft ain't over yet, folks. Let's not hurl ourselves off a cliff yet.

The Chicken Littles are out in full force, and they're just as stupid as they have ever been...

silverbear

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2055175 said:
OK... who was that talent available at #61 smart guy? You obviously have all the answers.

Ignore him, man, he's just another Chicken Little...

silverbear

Reaction score
TEUFELI;2055199 said:
So if its okay with you rose colored glasses wearing homers, I will state my opinon that this draft was an abortion, and Jerry has really blown an oppurtunity to make us a better team.

Terrific... now, tell us why we should take you seriously... show us your bonafides as a personnel expert...

Ren

Reaction score
windward;2055014 said:
Yep. We could have reached for Doucet or Manningham, (who we may be able to pick up in the third or fourth) Instead we chose to select a talented player that will have a positive impact in our running and passing game imo.

lets be real here he'll have no impact there a little TE by the name of Jason Witten standing between him and the field

Ren

Reaction score
Zaxor;2056600 said:
Every freaking year it is the same thing...before the player gets a chance to play he is declared a bust...because he can't possible be better than their pet cat :bang2:

not so much pet cat unless Witten is considered a pet cat... i'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this guy is not and will not be better then Witten.
Fasano might turn into a pretty good TE, but it was never going to happen here i don't see how this guy will be any different

silverbear

Reaction score
TEUFELI;2055216 said:
Boy you are a real D bag arent you keyboard tough guy?

You're the one who seems to be slinging all the insults... I rather expect you'll be getting a PM informing you of the infraction you've just received... I'd suggest modifying your act in here, before you find yourself banned...

Guys like you, who get ALL bent out of shape when somebody DARES to disagree with them, always crack me up...

I can tell you that Dan Conner woulda been a better pick if you want a name.

Yeah, let's draft a smallish ILB who's not strong at the point of attack, and isn't particularly good in coverage either...

But if you wanna keep on with the animosity, perhaps we could meet up and discuss?

Oh look, kiddies, we've got us a real message board Rambo... what do you propose doing, having a freakin' fistfight because somebody disagreed with your precious opinion??

Way to make a fool out of yourself, hoss...

silverbear

Reaction score
AsthmaField;2055296 said:
Jesus.

We added three, highly thought of prospects who can help. Felix is just what the doctor ordered to spell Barber and Jenkins was, IMO, the best corner besides McKelvin and by far the best still available when we picked.

Clearly, Garrett didn't like Fasano that much and would rather have Bennett for what he's wanting to do.

Since draft boards for months have been having Mendenhall as a top 15 pick, then he's automatically a better runner than Jones? BS.

So Washington has a player that will be very good in Devin Thomas because he was rated to go much higher than where they took him? BS again. He was passed on by so many teams for some reason.

Good grief! People are throwing a fit because they think they knew the talent in this draft better than any of the paid professionals.

Look. I'm not acting like I know all our picks are good... because I can't know that. But you guys are acting like you KNOW all of our picks are bad... and you can't know that either. The picks were taken about where they were expected to go, if not a tad lower (in Jenkins case), so give them a little chance before making statements like "Lacewell is running the draft again."

Felix Jones was not my favorite RB in this draft, Mike Jenkins was not my favorite CB, and I didn't have any TE on the map... so I ought to be "outraged" like some in here are...

But if Jerry and Wade think that Felix is the second coming of Thurman Thomas, and they're right, I can't complain... if they think that Jenkins is a good man cover corner, and they're right, I can't complain... and if they think that Bennett is an upgrade over Fasano, and they're right, I can't complain...

If those three are what the Cowboys think they are, then the Cowboys have improved their roster...

silverbear

Reaction score
FCBarca;2055338 said:
On a side note, the maturity level in here doesn't seem appropriate for the purposes of a messageboard where discussions and debates are supposedly encouraged...Instead, we have to suffer through inane banter, bickering and insults for anyone who doesn't agree with someone else.

Newsflash, this is the purpose of these boards...To discuss and debate, no special prizes for being 'right' or most 'witty' in insults...Debate should be encouraged and everyone should consider that no one is right 100% of the time. :rolleyes:

At the very least, veiled threats of physical retaliation should get the poster issuing those threats a temp ban...

As if that poster proves ANYTHING if he DID look up a poster and get into a fistfight... what, does he think if he wins the fight, that makes him RIGHT??

silverbear

Reaction score
theogt;2055412 said:
Haha. I didn't think this thread went through because the server was busy. Left, had a few drinks. Came back. Funny.

My original point was that basically giving Fasano away and drafting a TE in the 2nd was moronic.

It was. There's no defense for it.

Unless the Cowboys felt that Fasano was a waste of a draft pick a coupla years ago...

Should they refuse to admit mistakes, and just live with the players acquired as a result of that mistake??

I see your point, it is a curious move, and I was a bit taken aback when the pick was announced too... but the Boys might have had perfectly sound reasons for what they did...

silverbear

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;2055491 said:
About the only "OMG" pick of the day was Baker at #21.

Absolutely... a real head scratcher, that one was...

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;2056672 said:
Felix Jones was not my favorite RB in this draft, Mike Jenkins was not my favorite CB, and I didn't have any TE on the map... so I ought to be "outraged" like some in here are...

But if Jerry and Wade think that Felix is the second coming of Thurman Thomas, and they're right, I can't complain... if they think that Jenkins is a good man cover corner, and they're right, I can't complain... and if they think that Bennett is an upgrade over Fasano, and they're right, I can't complain...

If those three are what the Cowboys think they are, then the Cowboys have improved their roster...

mendenhall > felix.

jenkins the need to trade up was pointless. they should have sat at 28. perfect example of jerry getting to cute and wanting to reach/out think his self on a move. If they really wanted Jenkins bad enough to trade up for him why not take him at 22. The cowboys really screwed up 2day while the giants and Commanders improved.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Ren;2056661 said:
not so much pet cat unless Witten is considered a pet cat... i'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this guy is not and will not be better then Witten.
Fasano might turn into a pretty good TE, but it was never going to happen here i don't see how this guy will be any different

who is the other starting TE in the two TE formation...

Curtis? Hannah? both whom are street Free Agents who probably have enough holes in their game to warrant a TE selection

Fassano was so bad he was losing his position to Curtis...

I am not sure about you but I was very worried about the TE position

if Witten has to sit out even just one game we may be in bigger trouble than if T.O. has to sit out one....with the WR's there is a chance that Glenn can play again and if so he is atleast good enough to give us somewhat of a threat outside....but with Witten down...who would you put in? who can be that threat?

now lets go back to the 2 TE formation if it is going to be successful you have to have 2 threats from that position...Fassano was not a threat...Curtis?, Hannah?... I see nothing but question marks on those two but now Dallas can also throw in a top rated TE into that mix to see if they can find their 2nd TE threat.

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
iceberg;2055077 said:
why do people just assume one move predicated the other? we traded fasano and akin cause we probably didn't like them for our system.

now you come into a situation where the BPA is a TE, so you take him and go. i really don't think we cut fasano and then targeted a TE in the 2nd. it just fell that way.

Exactly, what if Branden Alberts fell to us at 22, and he would have been the highest rated guy on a lot of boards? If we took Alberts, would everyone be freaking out?? Out of 22 positions, we had 12 pro bowlers (not counting Folk), that doesn't really allow a lot of playing time for rookies. Now I was pissed when I heard the pick because I thought the same thing, why get a TE after we just traded Fasano away, but Bartlett and Fasano are completely different TEs. Bartlett can block, but he is a much better receiving option, and I can see him being a huge redzone threat. And plus, we still have the rest of the draft.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Zaxor;2056687 said:
who is the other starting TE in the two TE formation...

Curtis? Hannah? both whom are street Free Agents who probably have enough holes in their game to warrant a TE selection

Fassano was so bad he was losing his position to Curtis...

I am not sure about you but I was very worried about the TE position

if Witten has to sit out even just one game we may be in bigger trouble than if T.O. has to sit out one....with the WR's there is a chance that Glenn can play again and if so he is atleast good enough to give us somewhat of a threat outside....but with Witten down...who would you put in? who can be that threat?

now lets go back to the 2 TE formation if it is going to be successful you have to have 2 threats from that position...Fassano was not a threat...Curtis?, Hannah?... I see nothing but question marks on those two but now Dallas can also throw in a top rated TE into that mix to see if they can find their 2nd TE threat.

there's no justification for us to go TE so early at early. Fasano didn't get it done this guy isn't going to get it down. I'm not sure if you realize how good of a TE Witten is however draft another in the 2nd is a pointless a waste of a draft space and i now way shape or form helps our team. Unless this guy is an All american KR and PR he is going to take up space on the roster. No one we picked up is going to contribute rookie season beside Felix Jones and he will bust so hard it will make your head spin. Top rated TE we didn't pick up Dustin Keller or Fred Davis.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
jswalker1981;2056691 said:
Exactly, what if Branden Alberts fell to us at 22, and he would have been the highest rated guy on a lot of boards? If we took Alberts, would everyone be freaking out?? Out of 22 positions, we had 12 pro bowlers (not counting Folk), that doesn't really allow a lot of playing time for rookies. Now I was pissed when I heard the pick because I thought the same thing, why get a TE after we just traded Fasano away, but Bartlett and Fasano are completely different TEs. Bartlett can block, but he is a much better receiving option, and I can see him being a huge redzone threat. And plus, we still have the rest of the draft.

this makes no sense one why would you discount Folk as a Pro bowler he actually got in voted and by the coaches wasn't an alternate like some other. TE in the second round after going TE in the 2nd round in 06 makes zero sense i know lets go QB in the 2nd round either though we have a Pro Bowl QB in Romo. Witten has been to 3 pro bowls he is an All pro TE why are we going TE in the second?