Twitter: Jerry Is Asked If Getting The World Cup Is Bigger Than Winning The Super Bowl

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
World Cup Bigger Than Winning The Super Bowl?

......Not in the U.S.

The rest of
the world can keep their boring, round ball, head bouncing, 1-0 scoring, low contact, kindergarden game.

I bet you've never been out of Arkansas and you speak mangled southern English.
Pity your small world view, Ruben.

JBS

Reaction score
A fan who doesn't understand that globally, the World Cup generates far more interest than the Super Bowl. Sounds about right.
This has nothing to do w anything lol. What a stupid response this was. Of course soccer is more popular than America football. *** does that have to do w Jerry and Jerry’s job as the gm of the cowboys? Nothing. Dumb.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Jerry haters finding another thing to complain about and hate on Jerry. This has become a daily issue. Seek help.
:facepalm:

Jerry lovers defending the destruction of a once great franchise for 28 years and counting. This has become a daily issue. Seek help.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This has nothing to do w anything lol. What a stupid response this was. Of course soccer is more popular than America football. *** does that have to do w Jerry and Jerry’s job as the gm of the cowboys? Nothing. Dumb.

Well, also, I'm not sure why Jerry's comments are so offensive. The WC in 2026 isn't going to interrupt anything to do with the Cowboys. If anything, it might give the players something to do so that they don't get in trouble. Plus, it'd be cool to see, for example, Dak Prescott hanging out with someone like Harry Kane (England captain and Tottenham Striker for those who don't know). It'd bring international comradery to the Cowboys. That's a good thing.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Why is following the Cowboys mutually exclusive to also enjoying Euro-style football? It's possible to enjoy more than one sport, you know. And besides, the World Cup won't impact the Cowboys at all. The matches will be played during the offseason. Therefore, there's no danger to the Cowboys.

This!:)
Yessirie, govnors, the truth above hurts. But the indignant youth in the furry suit makes sence, so read his words.
Read them well, albeit the urge to laugh when thinking of the endearing lad in a furry suit.

Well done, RBH you beloved forest sprite.:)

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This!:)
Yessirie, govnors, the truth above hurts. But the indignant youth in the furry suit makes sence, so read his words.
Read them well, albeit the urge to laugh when thinking of the endearing lad in a furry suit.

Well done, RBH you beloved forest sprite.:)

What can I say? I like both American/Canadian and Euro-style football. Also a fan of rugby and Aussie Rules Football.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Well, also, I'm not sure why Jerry's comments are so offensive. The WC in 2026 isn't going to interrupt anything to do with the Cowboys. If anything, it might give the players something to do so that they don't get in trouble. Plus, it'd be cool to see, for example, Dak Prescott hanging out with someone like Harry Kane (England captain and Tottenham Striker for those who don't know). It'd bring international comradery to the Cowboys. That's a good thing.

That makes sence.
Makes me want to break out in song, it is so spiriting and compelling.
:clap:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Jerry lovers defending the destruction of a once great franchise for 28 years and counting. This has become a daily issue. Seek help.

The World Cup has nothing to do with the Cowboys other than maybe giving the players something to do during the offseason and may help them find more people to hang out with. It'd be cool to see the Cowboys hanging out with the likes of the England National Team. I actually wonder if Jerry will also allow the Star to be used as a training ground for teams set to play at the Stadium.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
The World Cup has nothing to do with the Cowboys other than maybe giving the players something to do during the offseason and may help them find more people to hang out with. It'd be cool to see the Cowboys hanging out with the likes of the England National Team. I actually wonder if Jerry will also allow the Star to be used as a training ground for teams set to play at the Stadium.

RBH ....... you do not understand. People are not mad about teh World cup playing at the stadium ........ they are mad that our GM was working on this during free agency ...... if Jerry wants to do this kinda stuff he should hire a full time GM that is always focused on the Dallas Cowboys.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Let me guess ... and don't disappoint me.
You speak another language other than American English?
I wasted my time with Esperanto when I was younger. Don't know why.
Now it's English, Spanish and some German with a fair amount of Japanese (I had a job that required me to learn it a decade and a half ago).
Can't read Japanese though. Didn't get that far.

Corso

Reaction score
RBH ....... you do not understand. People are not mad about teh World cup playing at the stadium ........ they are mad that our GM was working on this during free agency ...... if Jerry wants to do this kinda stuff he should hire a full time GM that is always focused on the Dallas Cowboys.
He's not truly a traditional GM.
He's a guy who delegates all of his GM duties and then makes a final decision based off his delegates and coaches.
He thinks that's a great way to go about business.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

I see that, but when's the next time this will happen in the US? I can see the angst on here. My point is him saying this about the WC isn't a big deal to me.

Corso

Reaction score
I see that, but when's the next time this will happen in the US? I can see the angst on here. My point is him saying this about the WC isn't a big deal to me.
People just want to scream and shout when our GM does what he always has done over the decades.
I get it.
It's frustrating especially as it correlates to our team's win/loss record and playoff success for over 2 and a half decades.

And I get that he's also the owner of both the Cowboys and ATT Stadium so he splits his time, hence his delegation of GM duties to others.
McClay runs the scouts.
Stevie runs the money.
Jr. ... I don't even care what he does.
Charlotte is still trying to flirt with Garrett.

Jerry just wants FINAL DECISION.
And it's a bad way to run a team.

But he does have his other obligations because of what he owns and who he is.

I think we all want a dedicated GM who lives and breathes football and is held under the fire of accountability, but we ain't gonna be getting that anytime soon barring something catastrophic.