Jerry Is Imploding Right Before Our Eyes

kskboys

Reaction score
You all might wanna look up the word imploding the fact that you agree with this guy is very dangerously close to I don't know a good word for it but crazy comes to mind....

We may have fell short of
expectations, but we are far from an imploding franchise or team...

You really got to love our fan base I've never seen so much overreactions year to year after failures in a playoffs especially given the fact it sounds like we're talking about a team that was 5-12 versus 12-5, literally some three of the best years we've had strung together meaning consistency and winning since the mid 90s... this team over the last three years has won 36 games, two division titles, and three straight playoff appearances....

But when you listen to the fan base there's no middle ground that we're on the verge of imploding, everything's a mess, and nothing's gone right and we're in turmoil just because we lost some coaches...

Yes, it's disappointing when you don't go further in the playoffs and you keep ending in the same spot year to year, however it could be worse ,

again, there's no middle ground you think every player who's not a pro bowler or an all pro they all suck, that's what people talk about in here there's no such thing as somehow middle ground there's only terms like you're either the best or you suck...

Some of you maybe need to get a grip seriously I realize it's a disappointment but we're one of the best teams in the NFL we have been for quite a long time.
I get that we're not getting to where we need to get to and yes it's disappointing but you guys talk about us like we're one of the worst teams in the NFL you didn't call everything average and overrated you do realize when you're 32 teams in the league 16 would be average we are far from 16 we have finished in the top six many years in the last decade....
It just gets so old that maybe some of you need to experience three years in a row that you're actually do suck where you actually don't make the playoffs where you might win five games and then you get the pick in the draft I mean is that your Super Bowl do you just like being in the top five of the drafts do you like getting all the free agents because you have plenty of money to do so and yet you it might only improve you to 8 games somehow you want to make all this sound as if this is the worst thing ever in the NFL we're one of the worst teams on the planet by falling short in the playoffs three straight years...

I'm not saying we're not allowed to discuss it but the reactions in here to everything are either it's all or nothing no middle ground!

we are not a bad team, we are not ready to implode and even if we have a bad season like in 2020 we seem to bounce back pretty fast... some of you are really wishing that we lose a lot of games two or three years in a row so Jerry gives up and changes or sells the team I mean no real fan in his right mind would wish for us to have that kind of miserable seasons without any actual proof that Jerry would sell the team and leave or somehow change his philosophy and hire a new GM and somehow have any proof that that would change anything anyway.....
Arguing semantics seems rather silly on a football board.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I appreciate your viewpoint but after almost three decades and 3-4 wild card wins in the post season, the regular season means very little to me as a fan. Deep post season runs are all I care about since we have failed in the post season in such heartbreaking ways and never sniffed an NFC Championship game with 29 seasons to do so.

But if you care about the regular season as many fans do, your viewpoint is much more valid.
You do realize that you can't skip the regular season this isn't Madden you can't double click and head to the playoffs however they decide to set you up...LOL:facepalm:. How they play in the regular season how they set themselves up for the playoffs it's just as important as the playoffs I realize this has been a huge disappointment but there's just no skipping the regular season in many cases you must win your division and get a high seed to have success and again I realize that got blown up in our face this year but the regular scene is important the season go by real quick with super long offseasons dealing with all these knucklehead posts all these ridiculous overreactive insane post...

So excuse me if I try to enjoy the 17 games because the rest of it goes by really fast and then were they really long monotonous insane off season I'm gonna have to say the regular seasons as important to fans as it should be to watch games at 10 games debate games see what kind of team you have and then you move into the postseason which by the way is a completely different season the stats end at game 17 and everybody's 00 in the playoffs and anything can happen... so the regular season is important...

But if the team's that disappointing I don't really understand why you would follow them at all... Most teams wouldn't have fans if the Super bowl was the only factor for fans having some kind of expectations that they wouldn't be fans unless they make the Super bowl often...

You can go find that team to flavor of the month right now is Kansas City be a fan of Kansas City and then when they stop winning be a fan of the 49ers and when they stop winning you can go bandwagon somewhere else the part of being a fan is suffering a little bit and waiting and then eventually it's much sweeter when it happens because it comes in cycles for all teams all teams have these droughts and many are far worse then what we've actually suffered through here.... Don't be whatever you wanna be but I really don't think half of you are truly Dallas cowboy fans you are Dallas cowboy fans of the old Landry era who were somehow woke up by the little 90s run but now fell back into it you don't like Jerry Jones you don't like anything about the team at all and that you're just waiting to jump on the bandwagon when they start winning again but in between you'll just rip our team like you're an opponent like you're a rival you hate on them you tear them apart and you make it hard on real fans who come in here trying to look for support trying to keep that team comraderie thing going and all we get is dumped on by haters and trolls...

You all might have been fans at one time but you are not a fan of the Dallas Cowboys if that's all you're interested in is them winning in the playoffs you have checked out a long time ago

ArtClink

Reaction score
You do realize that you can't skip the regular season this isn't Madden you can't double click and head to the playoffs however they decide to set you up...LOL:facepalm:. How they play in the regular season how they set themselves up for the playoffs it's just as important as the playoffs I realize this has been a huge disappointment but there's just no skipping the regular season in many cases you must win your division and get a high seed to have success and again I realize that got blown up in our face this year but the regular scene is important the season go by real quick with super long offseasons dealing with all these knucklehead posts all these ridiculous overreactive insane post...

So excuse me if I try to enjoy the 17 games because the rest of it goes by really fast and then were they really long monotonous insane off season I'm gonna have to say the regular seasons as important to fans as it should be to watch games at 10 games debate games see what kind of team you have and then you move into the postseason which by the way is a completely different season the stats end at game 17 and everybody's 00 in the playoffs and anything can happen... so the regular season is important...

But if the team's that disappointing I don't really understand why you would follow them at all... Most teams wouldn't have fans if the Super bowl was the only factor for fans having some kind of expectations that they wouldn't be fans unless they make the Super bowl often...

You can go find that team to flavor of the month right now is Kansas City be a fan of Kansas City and then when they stop winning be a fan of the 49ers and when they stop winning you can go bandwagon somewhere else the part of being a fan is suffering a little bit and waiting and then eventually it's much sweeter when it happens because it comes in cycles for all teams all teams have these droughts and many are far worse then what we've actually suffered through here.... Don't be whatever you wanna be but I really don't think half of you are truly Dallas cowboy fans you are Dallas cowboy fans of the old Landry era who were somehow woke up by the little 90s run but now fell back into it you don't like Jerry Jones you don't like anything about the team at all and that you're just waiting to jump on the bandwagon when they start winning again but in between you'll just rip our team like you're an opponent like you're a rival you hate on them you tear them apart and you make it hard on real fans who come in here trying to look for support trying to keep that team comraderie thing going and all we get is dumped on by haters and trolls...

You all might have been fans at one time but you are not a fan of the Dallas Cowboys if that's all you're interested in is them winning in the playoffs you have checked out a long time ago
We just see things differently.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We just see things differently.
Good then why don't you put your account on hold and return here in January and we could discuss it that means you don't get to have any discussions about the regular season since you don't put any stock in the regular season you probably should only drop in here in January lol

fivetwos

Reaction score

If it were that easy to just switch teams, many would have done it long ago.

Doesn’t work that way. All that left is to vent.

It means more to some than others and that ought to be respected.

Losing is one thing. Losing the way we do is something completely different.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't see Jerry as imploding at all. Worth more now than he was yesterday and that's been the trend with 30 years of nothing to show for his football efforts. Losing again this year changed nothing for him..

odog422

Reaction score
One thing I’ve never understood about the way Jerry thinks about continuity is this - why is it great to keep a staff together that has won 1 playoff game in 4 years?

He did the same thing with Garrett and Wade. Garrett made the playoffs 3 times in 10 years. Yay continuity. Wade had the #1 seed in 2007, wasted it, won 1 WC game in 2009, and was kept after the terrible 34-3 drubbing the Vikes put on us in the 2009 divisional playoffs. In 2010, we started 1-7 and Wade was fired.

I know Big Mac has led us to 3 straight 12 win seasons. That is a great accomplishment. Until you realize those three really good regular seasons led to one wild card win.

Continuity is good when you are continuing something you want to repeat. Winning 1 wild card game in four years isn’t that close. It’s not “around the rim”, it’s still on the ground.
He says "continuity" for the press and public. The word that is applicable is actually "comfortable." In all the coaching scenarios you list above, Jerry was able to be the "face," give the locker room speeches, meet with the press after the games, etc. Think back to when Parcells left and how overjoyed he was because he said he felt like he was walking on "eggshells" under that regime. The last time that Jerry wasn't the "face" of the franchise.

No way in the world he goes back to that structure. Why should he? As long as he can pick a new marketing ploy - "going all in" - he's fine.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Some of y'all are in panic mode.:popcorn:

tenor.gif
109.-Charlotte-Jones-Anderson.jpg

Mannix

Reaction score
wouldn't it something if we wake up in the morning and Mike McCarthy suddenly has a change of heart, and resigns? I have a vibe that he might be thinking hard about it. Jerry and son would have egg all over their face even worse.
I've wondered that too.....I've also wondered if Booger has thought about paying him off to "suddenly resign"....I am thinking that he wishes now that he had let him go. Got to believe that for the FIRST time in 28 years, Booger finally can sense the Cowboy fan base eroding.

kskboys

Reaction score
If it were that easy to just switch teams, many would have done it long ago.

Doesn’t work that way. All that left is to vent.

It means more to some than others and that ought to be respected.

Losing is one thing. Losing the way we do is something completely different.
Very well said.

And it's been that way for many many years. We keep screaming and screaming at Jerry to strengthen certain positions. And then we lose because he didn't. Over and over and over.

kskboys

Reaction score
I've wondered that too.....I've also wondered if Booger has thought about paying him off to "suddenly resign"....I am thinking that he wishes now that he had let him go. Got to believe that for the FIRST time in 28 years, Booger finally can sense the Cowboy fan base eroding.
Man, it sure appears that way. Booger is now reaching hard to maintain the fan base. And he still has no idea why we lost.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Good then why don't you put your account on hold and return here in January and we could discuss it that means you don't get to have any discussions about the regular season since you don't put any stock in the regular season you probably should only drop in here in January lol
You really don’t understand the concept of an opinions forum, do you?

blueblood70

Reaction score
You really don’t understand the concept of an opinions forum, do you?
You're allowed your opinion but my opinion about your opinion it holds just as much weight and sometimes when people have the wildest crazy conspiracy theories and by the way opinions that are so far fetched and ridiculous and most of them are false narratives that get busted on a regular basis then yeah you're gonna get called out on it...

raven55

Reaction score
jerry is to blame for the last 29 years always trying to hire old coach's that had some kind of winning records. just like al davis he's out of touch with reality of these picks because the nfl is evolving in all aspects of the game. He's not and this trend is gonna continue with little jerry and probadly worse because he will do nothing to endanger his almighty dollar inheritance from old jerry and he's in his 80's so super bowl isn;t in his future. And a true phrase from the BIBLE is that pride comes before the fall and that's where we are at