Jerry Is Imploding Right Before Our Eyes

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He was being sarcastic. The bulk of his posts are sarcasm. It is understandable. Jones has been the inflexible variable in the franchise equation of not getting to an NFC championship, not getting to a Super Bowl, not winning a Super Bowl.

I think it is not unreasonable to believe observers would be less critical of Jones if he removed himself as general manager. Fingers would still point at him, like any other owner, but more fingers would point at the individual he hired to put together a true Super Bowl contending team.
Was not being sarcastic. He despises the quarterback. And put that on ownership. That’s not criticism that’s total disapproval. So I’ll ask him again. What does he even like about this franchise. I’ve been a fan since the 60s. I know why I stay.

Ben7

Reaction score
Aftershock, He sure did look like he was more worried about his upcoming HC interviews! I was thinking the same thing! :hammer::mad::angry::laugh:

blueblood70

Reaction score
He was being sarcastic. The bulk of his posts are sarcasm. It is understandable. Jones has been the inflexible variable in the franchise equation of not getting to an NFC championship, not getting to a Super Bowl, not winning a Super Bowl.

I think it is not unreasonable to believe observers would be less critical of Jones if he removed himself as general manager. Fingers would still point at him, like any other owner, but more fingers would point at the individual he hired to put together a true Super Bowl contending team.
Again that's your opinion but show me the blueprint no not of the two or three teams that may have made the Super bowl more often lately like New England or Kansas City but just show me how all the changes in general managers ownership coaches and lots of player turnover have helped teams like the Browns The Jets some of them had two or three first round picks for like 10 straight years they changed ownership they changed players some teams have changed cities and many of them still haven't won a Super Bowl in a very long time some of them haven't even been to a Super Bowl in a very long time so show me this blueprint where it's guaranteed automatic that if you just switch out your GM that you just automatically win a Super Bowl??

I mean again the Eagles how many general managers have the Eagles had since 1960 and they finally won a Super Bowl in 2017 and somehow with their GM is doing which might impress you but it's still has not got them more than one Super Bowl all these blueprints and somehow the Cowboys over the last 28 years are very criticized yet the Kansas City Chiefs took 51 years the Eagles won since 1960 many don't have one we're waiting on #5 Jerry's waiting on #2 so show me where this is just a automatic blueprint and guarantee that if he just switched the GM more than he's done so already which by the way will mcclay is technically the GM here it's like a GM by committee Jerry's in title only I say the last five years minimum 10 years maximum Jerry has utilize his staff underneath him who have decades of experience in the NFL to make sure they try to pick the best players they can in the draft and in free agency and try to do the best they can and we're winning games we're winning a lot of games we're getting in the playoffs on a regular basis and somehow you think just getting a GM hire outside your organization and him just giving that title to that guy versus having those guys without the title which I don't see the difference that's just automatically gets you in a Super Bowl??

So 30 other teams who do it differently they're always in the Super bowl they're always competing for the Super bowl like better than we are they're in better position than we are on a regular basis it's just automatic when it's not working change your GM let him fire the coaches and keep starting over until you get it right??

I'm not saying I wouldn't be on board with that but Jerry's really just like the queen of England here he's more of a figurehead who likes to talk he has the title of GM but I don't believe he's been the actual GM for a very long time... So maybe firing will mcclay and getting a new guy in that position it doesn't matter if he's the assistant GM or whatever title will mcclay and whatever other people in the front office you know running a organization worth $10 million that have over 1200 employees you're trying to tell me you think Jerry's just making decisions by himself he has lots of layers of management and a lot of people he goes to that he trusts that help him and advise him isn't that what GM does???
I get there might be less of a gap between the way he does ownership and the guys below him they're maybe not enough layers but still again show me where all these new teams are winning Super Bowls doing it this way particularly I don't know just like the Browns I don't know how many times they've changed GM's they both tried to do it through the draft and go crazy in free agency...

That's my point you're trying to find blame because we're not set up traditionally in management like other teams might be and I'm trying to tell you I'm looking around the NFL and we're still number three overall in Super Bowl wins despite the drought we're still one of the top teams in win percentage since the year 2000 or one of the still top five teams in playoff wins and playoff win percentage and playoff appearances..

Yes we've fallen short but again show me where there's a written guarantee that that blueprint works better... Because I see thirty other teams not making it to the Super bowl on a regular basis using that same blueprint...

And I'll finish and say again like I've said three times I'm not against Jerry coming out and saying will mcclay is the GM or hiring a real GM and firing will McLean saying this is the GM but they still have to answer to Jerry all GM's answer to ownership I don't think Jerry's been as meddlesome as people say he is like he may have been the first five to 10 years after Jimmy left.. All I'm saying is I believe that will mcclay and a group of people have already been doing what a real GM would be doing... Jerry just has the title and likes to talk that doesn't mean he's not trying to get great advice from good football guys and that he hasn't learned anything in 33 years...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again that's your opinion but show me the blueprint no not of the two or three teams that may have made the Super bowl more often lately like New England or Kansas City but just show me how all the changes in general managers ownership coaches and lots of player turnover have helped teams like the Browns The Jets some of them had two or three first round picks for like 10 straight years they changed ownership they changed players some teams have changed cities and many of them still haven't won a Super Bowl in a very long time some of them haven't even been to a Super Bowl in a very long time so show me this blueprint where it's guaranteed automatic that if you just switch out your GM that you just automatically win a Super Bowl??

I mean again the Eagles how many general managers have the Eagles had since 1960 and they finally won a Super Bowl in 2017 and somehow with their GM is doing which might impress you but it's still has not got them more than one Super Bowl all these blueprints and somehow the Cowboys over the last 28 years are very criticized yet the Kansas City Chiefs took 51 years the Eagles won since 1960 many don't have one we're waiting on #5 Jerry's waiting on #2 so show me where this is just a automatic blueprint and guarantee that if he just switched the GM more than he's done so already which by the way will mcclay is technically the GM here it's like a GM by committee Jerry's in title only I say the last five years minimum 10 years maximum Jerry has utilize his staff underneath him who have decades of experience in the NFL to make sure they try to pick the best players they can in the draft and in free agency and try to do the best they can and we're winning games we're winning a lot of games we're getting in the playoffs on a regular basis and somehow you think just getting a GM hire outside your organization and him just giving that title to that guy versus having those guys without the title which I don't see the difference that's just automatically gets you in a Super Bowl??

So 30 other teams who do it differently they're always in the Super bowl they're always competing for the Super bowl like better than we are they're in better position than we are on a regular basis it's just automatic when it's not working change your GM let him fire the coaches and keep starting over until you get it right??

I'm not saying I wouldn't be on board with that but Jerry's really just like the queen of England here he's more of a figurehead who likes to talk he has the title of GM but I don't believe he's been the actual GM for a very long time... So maybe firing will mcclay and getting a new guy in that position it doesn't matter if he's the assistant GM or whatever title will mcclay and whatever other people in the front office you know running a organization worth $10 million that have over 1200 employees you're trying to tell me you think Jerry's just making decisions by himself he has lots of layers of management and a lot of people he goes to that he trusts that help him and advise him isn't that what GM does???
I get there might be less of a gap between the way he does ownership and the guys below him they're maybe not enough layers but still again show me where all these new teams are winning Super Bowls doing it this way particularly I don't know just like the Browns I don't know how many times they've changed GM's they both tried to do it through the draft and go crazy in free agency...

That's my point you're trying to find blame because we're not set up traditionally in management like other teams might be and I'm trying to tell you I'm looking around the NFL and we're still number three overall in Super Bowl wins despite the drought we're still one of the top teams in win percentage since the year 2000 or one of the still top five teams in playoff wins and playoff win percentage and playoff appearances..

Yes we've fallen short but again show me where there's a written guarantee that that blueprint works better... Because I see thirty other teams not making it to the Super bowl on a regular basis using that same blueprint...

And I'll finish and say again like I've said three times I'm not against Jerry coming out and saying will mcclay is the GM or hiring a real GM and firing will McLean saying this is the GM but they still have to answer to Jerry all GM's answer to ownership I don't think Jerry's been as meddlesome as people say he is like he may have been the first five to 10 years after Jimmy left.. All I'm saying is I believe that will mcclay and a group of people have already been doing what a real GM would be doing... Jerry just has the title and likes to talk that doesn't mean he's not trying to get great advice from good football guys and that he hasn't learned anything in 33 years...
My friend. This is a lot. And I say that as a long-winded person myself.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Some of y'all are in panic mode.:popcorn:
Yep after 29 years there’s no reason to panic. Panic is when you’ve actually done something but begin to slip. We’re the same miserable, disgraceful franchise we’ve been forever under Jerry so yep - no reason to panic.

Creeper

Reaction score
Jerry Says He Likes To keep The Continuity With The Likes Of Mike McCarthy, Coordinator Staff Members etc; Going Forward For Best Success..
The Problem Is After Losing DQ Joe Whitt Jr. Possibility Many More To Follow And The Likelihood Of Al Harris Throws Out Jerry's Narrative..

So Much For Continuity..And Jerry Is Imploding Right Before Our Eyes..
And I Thought It Couldn't Get Even Worse After The GB Debacle But It Has And It's Going To Get Worse And The Regular Season Hasn't Even Started Yet.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
This is Jerry, and it has been Jerry for a long time. It is one of the reasons that this team hasn't won anything significant in 28 years. Jerry does what Jerry likes to do and rarely makes any adjustments to his thinking.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Yep after 29 years there’s no reason to panic. Panic is when you’ve actually done something but begin to slip. We’re the same miserable, disgraceful franchise we’ve been forever under Jerry so yep - no reason to panic.
This is true. I am used the failures and was fully expecting to lose in the first round this year.

I am ready for the next 29 years of futility.

Ben7

Reaction score
A DC that was more worried about his upcoming HC interviews than the Packers game took with him, a no name “passing game coordinator” that got cooked by the rookie Jordan Love and you call this unraveling? This is a blessing in disguise.
Right On! :laugh: :mad: :lmao:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry Says He Likes To keep The Continuity With The Likes Of Mike McCarthy, Coordinator Staff Members etc; Going Forward For Best Success..
The Problem Is After Losing DQ Joe Whitt Jr. Possibility Many More To Follow And The Likelihood Of Al Harris Throws Out Jerry's Narrative..

So Much For Continuity..And Jerry Is Imploding Right Before Our Eyes..
And I Thought It Couldn't Get Even Worse After The GB Debacle But It Has And It's Going To Get Worse And The Regular Season Hasn't Even Started Yet.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Jerry Jones by the end of next season..................
M1NIPok.gif

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Jerry should of ask Jim Harbaugh if he would coach the Cowboys. That is a coach we should of got and let him pick his staff.
Jim would of brought some toughness back to Dallas. Instead of letting Mike McCarthy just "finish out his contract".

Maybe Jerry and Jim talked and they found out they would clash (which I believe would end up happening due to the way Jerry Jones operates).

But Jim Harbaugh was the coach to get.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Shouldnt the “leader” of the team, Dakota Rayne Prescott, have shown the “leadership” all his apologists (including yourself) always tell us he is so great at? Where was all that “leadership “???? Shouldnt it show up WHEN IT COUNTS not ‘next time’?
should he? yes. should others? absolutely. its not all on QB to make sure the entire team (including coaches) are doing their job and prepared.

did Dak have a big part in this loss? yes. did the rest of the team have a big part in this loss? yes.
I mean for Gawd's sake CD was pouting on the sideline like a little kid and the coach...the HEAD COACH had to walk over and console him and pep him up. in the middle of the biggest game of the year!!!!! Why?
the star defensive player had 1 tackle. the supposed top 5 defensive player in the league decided not to show up. now he is pointing fingers at coaches.

definition of dysfunction.

but if you have an agenda to try to have a singular person to blame, then all the power to you. but you are missing the forest for the trees.