Jerry is large and in charge

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lots of folks say they dont' use those sheets anymore...they are outdated
They don't work. You can't place a numeric value on trades because it's all about the players they want. See unbalanced trades all the time, based on that because they're after their guy.

How does anyone make sense out of the value of the Mack and Antonio Brown trades? Trades are simplistic. I got something I don't want anymore. Whatchya want for it? or You got something I want, you gonna finish that?

The Cowboys went into this draft prepared to get additional picks because they knew there were teams with more than they wanted and they got it. Both teams got just what they wanted and don't need some numerical balance sheet that only a bean counter would appreciate.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
I think I'm at the point with Stephen where I'd rather have senile/drunk Jerry making the decision than Stephen. I have absolutely zero faith in the goofball son with any decision-making related to the team's football operations.

Thats certainly uncalled for......Senile Jerry is 10x the man as drunk JJ

The performances speak

cern

Reaction score
Seems many dislike stephen for no other reason than he's Jerry's son. A very Klingon way of thinking. Disparage jerry all you want. Even at 1%, the interest on 7 billion is over 190,000 daily. He'll get over it.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Seems many dislike stephen for no other reason than he's Jerry's son. A very Klingon way of thinking. Disparage jerry all you want. Even at 1%, the interest on 7 billion is over 190,000 daily. He'll get over it.
I don't even get the Jerry hatred. I mean, go buy your own franchise and run it. He can do whatever he wants. He helped the city of Dallas from the very beginning and turned around a garbage franchise. We're just here for the ride.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Lots of folks say they dont' use those sheets anymore...they are outdated

I'm gonna have to disagree....It's a useful tool to know when your getting taken for a ride in a trade...and Stephan would have stepped into a bad trade if he had his way.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not sure Stephen doesn’t have the least smarts of the siblings. Whose to say Jr and Char will want him running the team when Daddys gone ?

I’m hopeful that all the siblings won’t agree ,not be able to buy each other out and sell.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I never really understood why people would assume a billionaire, who craves attention, flies to high school games so he can land in his helicopter on a field where he probably owns the property title, and has appointed all his kids to run one of the most profitable sports franchises in the world in what is probably the most nepotistic organization at that kind of scale in Western civilization, and who made his fortune Wildcatting (you know he thinks he's an amazing gambler, and I bet he's a terrible card player), would ever give up the actual fun part of running the team.

I mean, i don't really care if people think it one way or the other. I just couldn't ever believe it.

McClay basically aggregates all the info, runs the scouts, etc. Makes it easily digestible so it can be mixed with JW Blue on Draft Day. He also has to make Jerry think he's making the smart decision, which is probably like living in a real life nightmare.
I've been saying this for three seasons now perjury has not made a football decision. He just thinks he's making them or likes people to think he's making them

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I’m not sure Stephen doesn’t have the least smarts of the siblings. Whose to say Jr and Char will want him running the team when Daddys gone ?

I’m hopeful that all the siblings won’t agree ,not be able to buy each other out and sell.
Do you watch soap operas?

cern

Reaction score

We judge from our experiences. What qualifies you to judge the VP of a billion dollar a year corporation? The fact you post on the zone? Hardly the stuff of a great resume.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I'm large and in charge.

Better recognize...

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
We judge from our experiences. What qualifies you to judge the VP of a billion dollar a year corporation? The fact you post on the zone? Hardly the stuff of a great resume.

On its face 'we judge from our experience' is correct. But you misunderstand its meaning if you think it requires anyone to submit a resume before judging a guy who landed his job because his Dad got lucky drilling holes in the ground and bought a football team.

'VP of a billion dollar a year corporation.' He won the genetic lottery. Don't pretend he did something to earn it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
To the delusional cheerleaders who like to pretend Jerry is a passive figurehead and his chubby son and the great Will McClay actually run this team, tune into the 13:55 mark of this video and observe. Ignore the fact Stephen can't even answer a phone correctly.

Stephen works the phone like a good secretary. He can't say yes or no to these offers. He's not the decision maker.

"Umm...let me call you back. I have to ask Dad."

He presents the trade offers to his Daddy. The real boss. The head coach seems open to one of the trade proposals but gets immediately shut down.

Then Stephen mentioned he'd be willing to go down 3 spots for a pick.

Not happening, as the REAL decision maker in Dallas, Till. Death. Do. They. Part., has made his decision.

"Let's keep Connor McGovern."

And so it is done. (Shout out to Will McClay, who is strangely absent in this.)

Now this isn't news to anyone reasonable, I know. I'm talking to our less fortunate right now. Those loving in their alternate reality because the real world offends their fandom.

So, to those bros.... Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

I have never heard ONE person on this site or any other site say that anyone other Jerry makes the final decision on picks during the draft.

NOT ONCE!!

Corso

Reaction score
On its face 'we judge from our experience' is correct. But you misunderstand its meaning if you think it requires anyone to submit a resume before judging a guy who landed his job because his Dad got lucky drilling holes in the ground and bought a football team.

'VP of a billion dollar a year corporation.' He won the genetic lottery. Don't pretend he did something to earn it.
Thus further confirming the universal axiom: It's not what you know...

Corso

Reaction score
I have never heard ONE person on this site or any other site say that anyone other Jerry makes the final decision on picks during the draft.

NOT ONCE!!
Maybe that's because you ignore peeps...

cern

Reaction score

He's been working for the team for more than a score. It's been only in the last few years that he's been able to exercise his power and jerry has relented. I'd say he's earned the right. Regardless of his genealogy.