Jerry is large and in charge

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not sure why he hasn’t comprehended your not questioning the decision , only who’s making it.

How do you "question" someone for making the right decision? All you succeed in doing is making yourself look foolish.

If that was the goal? Mission accomplished.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How do you "question" someone for making the right decision? All you succeed in doing is making yourself look foolish.

If that was the goal? Mission accomplished.
Again, the decision isn’t being questioned.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Seems like a discussion amongst many to me
Yep! And it has been working, keeping our roster young and competitive.

Don’t give two s**** that Jerry has final say. Anyone with half a brain knows this. And the “amongst many” has kept us in check. Jerry on the PSU OG pick was on the money!

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
I think I'm at the point with Stephen where I'd rather have senile/drunk Jerry making the decision than Stephen. I have absolutely zero faith in the goofball son with any decision-making related to the team's football operations.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I think I'm at the point with Stephen where I'd rather have senile/drunk Jerry making the decision than Stephen. I have absolutely zero faith in the goofball son with any decision-making related to the team's football operations.
Nah, I honestly think Stephen has done a pretty good job at keeping Jerrah in check. He’d be a step up from pops.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
whatever they are doing in the draft room and they need to take to selecting coaches. one is working....the other is not. then maybe we might see an NFCCG.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Now you are playing semantics. When the 16th pick came, Jerry wanted to use it for Manziel and went around the war room trying to drum up support so he could take Manziel. Few, if any backed him, so he reluctantly went with Martin.

Stephen and Jerry have basically both confirmed this. So no, this wasn't fake news. Jerry wanted to draft Manziel at 16, couldn't get the support he needed/wanted so he could take him, so he went with the room's decision. It's all well documented and confirmed at this point.
He always does. The great politician strikes again.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The most wishful thinking of all wishful thinking is that his son has taken over and personally, I do not get that because that would not be one of my wishes at all.

Want us to appreciate Booger more, just let his Son take over.

Anyone who even considers that he is not large and in charge just doesn't pay attention.

Yes, there were discussions but when the Man made the decision, anyone argue that? They understand their role, they are there to discuss and possibly debate, a little, but not to dissent.

McClay's job was over. He laid the buffet out, they had to choose their own food.

cern

Reaction score
Stephen does not have total control, but his control has been increasing over the last few years. jerry wanted dez to remain. he wanted tony to reclaim his job after his injury healed. stephen said no to both and both are gone. no reading between the lines is necessary. what I saw on the tape was camaraderie, cooperation, and consensus. just as it should be. people are free to believe what they want. matters not if they are right or wrong.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Wait....

Steven threw out the trade offers. Garrett piped in immediately he preferred the deal with the Ravens. Jerry says let's keep McGovern. Stephen says he would go down three spots (taking the Jets deal). Stephen says do we like McGovern and everyone jumps on the bandwagon. There was no one that challenged Jerry. Not sure what you watched. Clear that Jerry is still the big dog if he wants something.

Based on the snippet...here were the offers.

The Jets were the team that offered 217 to us to go down to 93. I don't really see the benefit there.

The Ravens were the team that wanted us to go down to the bottom of the third in exchange for fifth and 6th. We would have gone down to 102 and picked up 160 and I think 197 (could have been 192 or 193 as the Ravens had all three of them at one point). That is the one Garrett said he was interested in. Would have been interesting if we had taken that. Might have been able to still get McGovern but there was a run on OL or could have got a S (Gardner-Johnson, Willis or Hooker) at 102. At 160 a board favorite was available in Charles Omenihu.

We could have let go of a 2nd round value pick that fell to us in the 3rd to move down and pick up a safety that we weren't interested in. If we were interested, it would have been discussed or we would have just drafted Juan Thornhill in the 2nd.

We took the best player available and the old man taught JG & Stephen a lesson. Jerry has failed enough in the draft to know right from wrong, the other guys not so much. The whole idea of the owner being the GM.. that's a separate issue and problem in itself. Jerry will still make calls and i'm sure there are things he doesn't do anymore. I think everyone already knows that, if they were doubting that, then they were wrong.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Nah, I honestly think Stephen has done a pretty good job at keeping Jerrah in check. He’d be a step up from pops.

If Stephan was running the show...he would have made the trade w/ Minnesota. Go back and listen to the phone conversation...Whoever was on the phone w/ Stephen...clearly says the guy they want is Mcgovern.

Sadly...this goes to show...he isn't ready. Would have made a bad trade point wise. Pretty scary...no one even looked @ a trade sheet to see the point values for the trade.:rolleyes:

morat1959

Reaction score
Yep! And it has been working, keeping our roster young and competitive.

Don’t give two s**** that Jerry has final say. Anyone with half a brain knows this. And the “amongst many” has kept us in check. Jerry on the PSU OG pick was on the money!
SB here we come! Gulp! Gulp!

DBOY3141

Reaction score
If Stephan was running the show...he would have made the trade w/ Minnesota. Go back and listen to the phone conversation...Whoever was on the phone w/ Stephen...clearly says the guy they want is Mcgovern.

Sadly...this goes to show...he isn't ready. Would have made a bad trade point wise. Pretty scary...no one even looked @ a trade sheet to see the point values for the trade.:rolleyes:
Lots of folks say they dont' use those sheets anymore...they are outdated

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think you overlook something within that room and present at all press conferences when all 3 are in attendance. The Dad dynamic is at work and all you need to see is the SEC Network special "Before They Were Cowboys" about Booger and Jimmy at AR. There's one part where Stephen is asked about his Dad in his life and he could not choke back the tears and his Dad is still living.

And Garrett feels the same way about him and is considered family. That story about him putting his Dad up against the wall and grabbing that Manziel ticket out of his hand was pure HS. He's as respectful a son as any father would ever want. And there is no question about who is in charge.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I hope Jerry doesn't think he was sent by God to do this like some loony leaders of the past thought.