Jerry is on the prowl for an Elite HC/OC/QB coach

sean10mm

Reaction score
Why would Payton even take the job? Why take a Dallas reclamation project when you can just win with Brees?

robbieruff

Reaction score
The second I hear that Garrett has finally been fired I'm gonna strip naked and run around the yard screaming out loud. Then I'll throw a kegger for the ages....
Please send me the coordinates so that I may avoid that geographical location that day at all cost... :)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I dunno what you guys think, but I have come to the conclusion that Jerry has gone rogue and maybe has had a plan all along that if he had a chance to nab a HC like Sean Payton or his assistants, he would go hard for them I think he's looking at ALL the remaining teams in the tourney for THAT guy to help Dak and this offense. Bottomline, Jerry has walked back his commitment to Garrett and Linehan. I think hes only waiting out the Pro Bowl and SB before sparks start to fly. Would you guys be shocked if Garrett was let go? I'm starting to think he is on the way out.Im hearing reports of JJ seeking permission to talk to Coaches..high level guys. This may get real interesting fast.Anyone hearing any updates,let me know..
If he got rid of Jason and brought in someone who actually looks like a better prospect, I'd be pleasantly surprised, but I wouldn't say "shocked".

JMech

Reaction score
The second I hear that Garrett has finally been fired I'm gonna strip naked and run around the yard screaming out loud. Then I'll throw a kegger for the ages....

Save room for me......I will be there bare balls with you. Can I bring some whiskey for the event?

SoupcanSam

Reaction score

It should actually become a national holiday for cowboy fans.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why would Payton even take the job? Why take a Dallas reclamation project when you can just win with Brees?

I doubt he would.

Only coach Jerry could hire without a big change in Jerry himself would be a retread who just wants to coach and OK with Jerry handling everything else from personnel to coaching staff........ or a young guy who is desperate to get a head gig and will naively take this job thinking he’ll have more day than he really will.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Because Brees will probably retire with a second ring this year. Why put his body thru more abuse?

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Let's carry this theory all the way out. Who of the remaining 4 teams has any connections with Richard. I seem to remember that the grand plan was to move JG to GM and move Richard to HC... so who would be the target for the HC Richard is the question everyone should be asking..

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Brees is 40 - very likely he retires if he wins a Super Bowl. Otherwise, his contract is up after next year and he likely isn't going to play after that.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think Richard just wants to be strictly a DC. I also think Jerry isn't content with the way Garrett and the OC handled things and is searching for a homerun of sorts. He aint playing around guys...

Mr_437

Reaction score
I dunno what you guys think, but I have come to the conclusion that Jerry has gone rogue and maybe has had a plan all along that if he had a chance to nab a HC like Sean Payton or his assistants, he would go hard for them I think he's looking at ALL the remaining teams in the tourney for THAT guy to help Dak and this offense. Bottomline, Jerry has walked back his commitment to Garrett and Linehan. I think hes only waiting out the Pro Bowl and SB before sparks start to fly. Would you guys be shocked if Garrett was let go? I'm starting to think he is on the way out.Im hearing reports of JJ seeking permission to talk to Coaches..high level guys. This may get real interesting fast.Anyone hearing any updates,let me know..
Had me at Jerry's gone rogue...now patiently waiting for the popcorn to get hot.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
its not sean payton his contract runs throuh 2020. dallas would have to give compensation.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I dunno what you guys think, but I have come to the conclusion that Jerry has gone rogue and maybe has had a plan all along that if he had a chance to nab a HC like Sean Payton or his assistants, hwoulde would go hard for them I think he's looking at ALL the remaining teams in the tourney for THAT guy to help Dak and this offense. Bottomline, Jerry has walked back his commitment to Garrett and Linehan. I think hes only waiting out the Pro Bowl and SB before sparks start to fly. Would you guys be shocked if Garrett was let go? I'm starting to think he is on the way out.Im hearing reports of JJ seeking permission to talk to Coaches..high level guys. This may get real interesting fast.Anyone hearing any updates,let me know..
Would be a minor shock but its all together possible.

I think a major move at OC is gonna happen. HC? Wouldnt bet money on it, but I think its within the realm of possibility