CFZ Jerry is right about the weather

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Mental toughness

The Dallas Cowboys lack it
I see this is a popular comment. I want to know exactly what you mean by ‘mental toughness’.

- Do you that think all of the sudden guys who have played the sport their entire lives and play well at home are suddenly afraid of something?

- Do you think they suddenly get intimidated by guys on the road that don’t intimidate them at home?

- Do you think they just don’t want to be there so they take the night off mentally?

- Do you think (in the case of Buffalo) that 40 degrees and a little rain made them not want to play football on a good team that’s headed for the playoffs?

- Do you think that somehow they lose the will to win? Most guys in the NFL were the best or one of the best players in their teams their entire lives. Did they fail apart as kids all the way through college when their teams went on the road?

Or could it be that teams have used the Run game effectively away from home because they have better run games than the teams we’ve faced at home this year and that we simply have a hard time stopping the run? If we get behind, teams don’t throw the ball. We’re light in the pants past the front line. We have 190# safeties dropping into the box to try and stop the run, not a formula for success. Our pass rushers become a non-factor. Parsons wasn't even blocked on many plays in Buffalo so that he couldn't impact the run game.

No, it's not 'lack.of heart'. We simply aren't a team that can afford to play from much behind because we can't stop the run in any stadium. We begin to lose time of possession, which then makes our offender sit on the sideline getting stiff white ourb defense gets worn out. In Buffalo, as couple of costly penalties let the Bills keep the ball and score, building enough of a lead that allowed them to run the ball over and over and over again. They would've drummed us in Dallas if the same thing had happened.

the playmaker

Reaction score
First of all...they played in the same weather. Secondly...it didn't start raining to the 2nd half...Screw Jerry! He's the reason for our season.
sorry Bro!! not season....28 years and counting:mad:.....maybe you are too young but just watch the 1993 DC play the NFCC at Candlestick Park (SF)!!!! :

birdwells1

Reaction score
I see this is a popular comment. I want to know exactly what you mean by ‘mental toughness’.

- Do you that think all of the sudden guys who have played the sport their entire lives and play well at home are suddenly afraid of something?

- Do you think they suddenly get intimidated by guys on the road that don’t intimidate them at home?

- Do you think they just don’t want to be there so they take the night off mentally?

- Do you think (in the case of Buffalo) that 40 degrees and a little rain made them not want to play football on a good team that’s headed for the playoffs?

- Do you think that somehow they lose the will to win? Most guys in the NFL were the best or one of the best players in their teams their entire lives. Did they fail apart as kids all the way through college when their teams went on the road?

Or could it be that teams have used the Run game effectively away from home because they have better run games than the teams we’ve faced at home this year and that we simply have a hard time stopping the run? If we get behind, teams don’t throw the ball. We’re light in the pants past the front line. We have 190# safeties dropping into the box to try and stop the run, not a formula for success. Our pass rushers become a non-factor. Parsons wasn't even blocked on many plays in Buffalo so that he couldn't impact the run game.

No, it's not 'lack.of heart'. We simply aren't a team that can afford to play from much behind because we can't stop the run in any stadium. We begin to lose time of possession, which then makes our offender sit on the sideline getting stiff white ourb defense gets worn out. In Buffalo, as couple of costly penalties let the Bills keep the ball and score, building enough of a lead that allowed them to run the ball over and over and over again. They would've drummed us in Dallas if the same thing had happened.
I would definitely agree, we are built to play with a lead, the dome environment gives us the best chance to start fast offensively and stick with our game plan.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Jerry is right and it's okay with me. Being a dome team won't cost us our Super Bowl goals.
Agree, that’s why is wasn’t upset over this loss. We got a formula that works in good weather/ domes, we just need things to fall right just like the other dome teams that made the Super Bowl.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
We have to face it we are a dome team and dome teams don’t play well in inclement weather conditions. Wind, rain and cold temperatures don’t lend well to passing teams and that’s what we are. I went back to the NFL teams that played in domes who has made the super bowl and charted their playoff performance and it proved to be interesting. The domed teams played 20 total playoff games, of those games 16 were played at home, 2 were played away in domes (1999 Atl @ Vikings, 2018 rams @ N.O.) and 2 were played away outside (2006 colts @ ravens, 2022 rams @ TB).

The Cowboys offense is what sets the table for the defense (which is pretty much what all the successful dome teams before them have done). The Cowboys want to get a lead and make the other teams offense become a one dimensional pass offense and that’s where the sacks, ints and fumbles come from.

Due to the wind and the rain the offense was never able to get untracked so the Bills were able to stick with the punishing run game that we are not built to stop.

This is why it is imperative that we get the number 2 seed to have 2 games at home and then play SF in the NFCCG in SF where the weather won’t be much of a factor.
This is the biggest load a bull **** I have ever seen. The weather or being outdoors had nothing to do with bell at 215lb safety playing lb getting run over by 310 lb lineman

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This fan base sure does love a good excuse. For the owner to give his team a pass by blaming the weather makes it even worse.

Weather had nothing to do with being run all over. Buffalo punched Dallas in the face and the Cowboys had no answers. "The weather", my foot. :rolleyes:

This team has the same flaws that have held them back for years and I expect a similar ending. Followed, of course, by another litany of excuses. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

Chasing6

Reaction score
We have to face it we are a dome team and dome teams don’t play well in inclement weather conditions. Wind, rain and cold temperatures don’t lend well to passing teams and that’s what we are. I went back to the NFL teams that played in domes who has made the super bowl and charted their playoff performance and it proved to be interesting. The domed teams played 20 total playoff games, of those games 16 were played at home, 2 were played away in domes (1999 Atl @ Vikings, 2018 rams @ N.O.) and 2 were played away outside (2006 colts @ ravens, 2022 rams @ TB).

The Cowboys offense is what sets the table for the defense (which is pretty much what all the successful dome teams before them have done). The Cowboys want to get a lead and make the other teams offense become a one dimensional pass offense and that’s where the sacks, ints and fumbles come from.

Due to the wind and the rain the offense was never able to get untracked so the Bills were able to stick with the punishing run game that we are not built to stop.

This is why it is imperative that we get the number 2 seed to have 2 games at home and then play SF in the NFCCG in SF where the weather won’t be much of a factor.
I don't think that the weather was or should be a factor. Both teams play in the same conditions. My bigger concern was having 10 players wick worth the flu.

Regardless if we played better, I don't see how the NFL would allow the Bills to not win that game. Bills lose that game and they are most likely eliminated from the playoffs.

lopey

Reaction score
More excuses for this buttery soft team. Come on. They are not that good. Never heard the 92-95 team use weather as a reason they lost games. Christ they won the nfc championship in sf in quagmire.

Soft mindset. Jerry lets them off the hook everytime because it looks bad getting whipped

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
My take: on the road against teams in the division we are fine (which is why I’d love to go to Philly again for the postseason.

It’s the out of division, unfamiliar places which we absolutely never show up.
Yes. It’s weird.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The same team scored 40 and shut down the GOAT in Tampa on grass in the playoffs. The opening poster is right. Our offense has to get going. The last 6 quarters have been awful.
Brady wasnt even close to goat status that year. Retired, unretired, personal chaos, team in disarray, guru coach retired, jag new coach, o line injuries. Then brady retires again. Should i go on?
Oh....i shall! 8-9 LOSERS!
Using that game to prove any point is ridiculous. We then went to san fran and pooped oursselves.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Then why screw him? They are 10 and 4 and can still win the division and get the 2 or even the 1.
Screw Jerry for 28 years of ineptitude. Mainly caused by himself :facepalm: I like Jerry as a person if I got to meet him. But as a GM. HE SUCKS!!

rambo2

Reaction score
Screw Jerry for 28 years of ineptitude. Mainly caused by himself :facepalm: I like Jerry as a person if I got to meet him. But as a GM. HE SUCKS!!
Lol, do you follow the 31 other teams? If Jerry sucks, how he can have as many championships as half of the league combined? How can the Cowboys win 12 games 3 years in a row?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Brady wasnt even close to goat status that year. Retired, unretired, personal chaos, team in disarray, guru coach retired, jag new coach, o line injuries. Then brady retires again. Should i go on?
Oh....i shall! 8-9 LOSERS!
Using that game to prove any point is ridiculous. We then went to san fran and pooped oursselves.
Nobody thought Dallas was gonna win. I remember the board preparing to have threads for firing MM and getting rid of Dak. No talking head picked Dallas to win.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Lol, do you follow the 31 other teams? If Jerry sucks, how he can have as many championships as half of the league combined? How can the Cowboys win 12 games 3 years in a row?
Three are Jimmy's . 2 are Tex and Landry's. Jerry by himself???? 0 for 28 years.....Not to many teams out there 0 for 28 years...Three years straight after 10 years of 8 and 8:laugh:. REALLY:facepalm:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nobody thought Dallas was gonna win. I remember the board preparing to have threads for firing MM and getting rid of Dak. No talking head picked Dallas to win.
Yes i have heard people say that and i dont remember it that way.
I live in tampa bay area. I know what people here were saying.
Regardless, it doesnt change a thing i said. All true.

rambo2

Reaction score
Three are Jimmy's . 2 are Tex and Landry's. Jerry by himself???? 0 for 28 years.....Not to many teams out there 0 for 28 years...
A little off on the Jimmy math and the other math. Not many teams? 13 have never won a Super Bowl and quite a few have only won 1 and that is in 57 years.

Not many teams have won 12 games the last 3 years in a row. Crybabies are gonna cry.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
A little off on the Jimmy math and the other math. Not many teams? 13 have never won a Super Bowl and quite a few have only won 1 and that is in 57 years.
If we had a better GM. We'd have the most Super Bowl trophy's. Our great GM :laugh: :facepalm: Have wasted Tony Romo's career and many other great Dallas players. Now he's wasting Dak and Cee Dee's...Yea...ole Jerr...is the greatest:muttley:

rambo2

Reaction score
If we had a better GM. We'd have the most Super Bowl trophy's. Our great GM :laugh: :facepalm: Have wasted Tony Romo's career and many other great Dallas players. Now he's wasting Dak and Cee Dee's...Yea...ole Jerr...is the greatest:muttley:
Oh my, we have it so bad. Lol