Jerry is right to wait to fire Garrett

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Wrong. It’s been proven time and time again, including with Garrett himself when he took over for Wade, that a coaching change lights a spark.

I would promote Richard. Yeah, the defense hasn’t met expectations but as head coach for 4 games I think he’d light a fire.

Yeah firing Phillips lit a spark, which never blossomed into a flame.

This team doesn't need a spark, it needs a flamethrower...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It should not be an automatic comfort for anyone to support an interim head coach. Interim may mean temporary to some people but Jones can turn interim to permanent despite what he has hinted at or what others feel is not the best choice.

Sydla

Reaction score
Jason Garrett doesn't deserve this treatment from Jerry . Garrett is one of the most talented coaches in the NFL. While Jerry just gives him a garbage roster, with garbage facilities ; Garrett gives his best & that is not fair .

Garrett will finally be happy in NYC , where they will cover his needs .

Well done.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
"unnamed sources" say jerry wants kellen moore as HC , but he wants kellen to end the season as OC , so he can have at least 1 season as OC .

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Wrong. It’s been proven time and time again, including with Garrett himself when he took over for Wade, that a coaching change lights a spark.

I would promote Richard. Yeah, the defense hasn’t met expectations but as head coach for 4 games I think he’d light a fire.

The last time Jerry made a coaching change midseason he gave us Head Coach Jason Garrett.

Head Coach Kris Richard? No thanks. He hasn't earned it, anyway.

ESisback

Reaction score
Young Grasshopper? I wish. On Turkey day I was playing football with 15 guys my age (34). And 5 guys 17 years old. Those 17 year old kids made us feel old playing 1 hand tag football.... Woof. First time I've ever felt old. Lol.

But I get the saying. Just funny the young grasshopper came up and I'm still sore from playing 1 hand touch football 2 days ago. Lol getting old sucks.

34? Old? 1 hand touch would put me in a casket!

JustChip

Reaction score
"unnamed sources" say jerry wants kellen moore as HC , but he wants kellen to end the season as OC , so he can have at least 1 season as OC .
This isn’t really an editorial statement on Kellen, but Lord help us if that’s the case. This team needs a total paradigm shift. But I can see Jerry doing this because he wants to be the one that finds the next young phenom.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The reason Jerry isnt gonna fire Garrett is because they only have 4 games left and then his contract expires and he doesnt have to be the bad guy. He just tells Garrett that they are going in a different direction.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry in the locker room after firing Garrett:

"Well boys, I've got some...uh.......news. I um...I fired Jason today. It hurt like Hell, because, as you all know, he's like the son I never had. What?.....Oh, sorry Stephen, I didn't mean it like that.

So anyway, uh....uh, uh .....I decided I'm gonna coach the rest of the season, cuz this is important to all of us here.

Now where's everyone goin'?.....Hey, I pay your salaries, ya know!"

ksadler1

Reaction score
The word is Jerry doesn't want to give anyone on the staff a chance to right the ship. He's afraid it will impact his current plans. To be quite honest, as easy as our schedule is, I'm on board w that idea

If this is true, l finally agree with Jerry on something. You can't let Jerry's mind start thinking someone on this staff is that much better than Garrett. We need to bring in a respected coach and give him the authority to keep who he wants. If that's nobody, then so be it. The new person needs power or we're in the same boat again...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Its not 'mid season', and I don't understand why that point keeps being brought up. They have 4 games left; 1 quarter of the season remains.

With that said, I want Garrett tossed aside as much as I enjoy breathing air. But there's only a month left in the season. After nearly 10 miserable years of crappy Garrett ball I think I can wait 4 more games.
"Midair" isn't just the highest point, when you jump.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you know you’re going to make a change then it should be done ASAP. The lingering effects in this toxic environment doesn’t breed success.

I’d argue Jerry is waiting because he still has hope we can make some noise in playoffs and save Jason’s job. And if he doesn’t then it makes the decision easier after the season.

Make no mistake like everything else this is about what’s best for Jerry Jones not the Dallas Cowboys.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The last time Jerry made a coaching change midseason he gave us Head Coach Jason Garrett.

Head Coach Kris Richard? No thanks. He hasn't earned it, anyway.
Unfortunately, it is common for someone to first think and only consider what they believe is right while ignoring what another person may think on the same subject. Richard may seem like an obvious choice for interim head coach but does Jones think it is best to elevate an assistant coach over a coordinator?

I doubt Jones wants Marinelli as his interim head coach. That would mean there is one possible replacement for Garrett as interim that some people do not wish to accept could become reality. History has a way of repeating itself when Jones is involved in decision-making processes.

Garrett. Moore. Two guys with very similar coaching experience before being named head coach. Is Head Coach Kellen really that far fetched? And before anyone disagrees, please remember the buck does not stop with someone like a Robert Kraft. In Dallas, the buck always stops with Jerry Jones.