Jerry: It's crazy to think about drafting a QB high

kskboys

Reaction score
his points vaid even if you want to add the TBD in this years draft and Murray that 4(FOUR) out of 24

not given any are better then dak and trading down some and get far more players in this draft might be better. I say go grab a Trask or the like further down in the first if you trade down..you still get top defenders and a possible QB of the future..
Yes and no. A much more thorough evaluation would have to be done to determine why these QB's were taken where they were taken. For instance, no matter how you slice it, QB's such as Trubes, Mayfield, Manuel and some others were grossly overdrafted.

And then you have to look at the year. Some years there are good QB prospects, some years there are not. This happens to be the year that there are several very good prospects, so no, his point doesn't work this year.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Reading all of the Dak haters responses...

XBg-Zu-QGJWXuww.gif

RUc-HXDGWCC8w-M.gif

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes and no. A much more thorough evaluation would have to be done to determine why these QB's were taken where they were taken. For instance, no matter how you slice it, QB's such as Trubes, Mayfield, Manuel and some others were grossly overdrafted.

And then you have to look at the year. Some years there are good QB prospects, some years there are not. This happens to be the year that there are several very good prospects, so no, his point doesn't work this year.

the point is there are no locks and the FO and Coaches need to evaluate the entire picture and make the best choices..not fans the coaches and FO..

no matter what they do they will be judged. I mean JClowney was taken first overall in the draft where Donald went 13th and player like watt 30th, brady 6th rounder etc etc its not as much as science as people think..Lawrence and fields are not so great with a auto lock on greatness that you pass up on them..the team who most likely take him will be what 3 years into Darnolds deal? Fail Murray was take a year after Murray, fail.. I mean come on weve seen far more top 10 misses then hits..

so lets leave the decsions to coaches and the FO...fans will never be happy..they believe they are far superior to actual decsions makers and thats the issue..

kskboys

Reaction score
the point is there are no locks and the FO and Coaches need to evaluate the entire picture and make the best choices..not fans the coaches and FO..

no matter what they do they will be judged. I mean JClowney was taken first overall in the draft where Donald went 13th and player like watt 30th, brady 6th rounder etc etc its not as much as science as people think..Lawrence and fields are not so great with a auto lock on greatness that you pass up on them..the team who most likely take him will be what 3 years into Darnolds deal? Fail Murray was take a year after Murray, fail.. I mean come on weve seen far more top 10 misses then hits..

so lets leave the decsions to coaches and the FO...fans will never be happy..they believe they are far superior to actual decsions makers and thats the issue..
That's blatantly obvious. However, you get a big swing and a miss for not understanding that most misses are due to poor analyses.

Hey, if you feel that way, then why in hades would you clock into a thread discussing this? Why are you even on this board? Your last statement in no way fits your actions. Quite hypocritical, honestly.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
lol....somebody mad, you don't draft a qb that high with a franchise qb on the roster. you trade for picks.

I know.. And you don’t win Superbowls after you let them take up 14% or more of your cap space.

You just become the fighting Dak’s that can’t win because he needs a lot that we can’t provide.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That's blatantly obvious. However, you get a big swing and a miss for not understanding that most misses are due to poor analyses.

Hey, if you feel that way, then why in hades would you clock into a thread discussing this? Why are you even on this board? Your last statement in no way fits your actions. Quite hypocritical, honestly.
so its all teams not just the jonses, glad we finality to the point im trying to make..lmao

:muttley:

Proof

Reaction score
I would agree, i think a trade back of a high pick could be really helpful. I mean in that scenario given you could go LB, DT, S with your first three picks and get help at all levels. You've just got to hit on your picks, and hope this years class in Diggs, Gallimore can continue to get better. I'm not opposed to bringing in a new qb, but the more i think about it the more i think about the perks of a defensive heavy draft.

same

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
Hey, why are we talking about drafting a QB high?

I thought you geniuses told us all that without Dak this team would be even better? Score more points and become far more efficient?

Surely now that the cancer that is Dak Prescott is now gone, the Cowboys with the Packers, Saints, and Seahawks for best record in the NFC!

It is funny how you morons quickly ignore how utterly idiotic you were about how this team would do without Dak Prescott and is focusing on something completely different.

If the Cowboys were winning right now, you same morons would be yelling "See, see, see we do not need Dak...we can win without him!! Let him go during the off season!"

Now that has completely fallen apart, you turds have moved onto something different: the Draft.

Keep that same energy you had before: The 2020 Cowboys will be as good or better without Dak.

Lets talk about that.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey, why are we talking about drafting a QB high?

I thought you geniuses told us all that without Dak this team would be even better? Score more points and become far more efficient?

Surely now that the cancer that is Dak Prescott is now gone, the Cowboys with the Packers, Saints, and Seahawks for best record in the NFC!

It is funny how you morons quickly ignore how utterly idiotic you were about how this team would do without Dak Prescott and is focusing on something completely different.

If the Cowboys were winning right now, you same morons would be yelling "See, see, see we do not need Dak...we can win without him!! Let him go during the off season!"

Now that has completely fallen apart, you turds have moved onto something different: the Draft.

Keep that same energy you had before: The 2020 Cowboys will be as good or better without Dak.

Lets talk about that.

The team played it's best game on Sunday.

Now if I were you...~cracking neck~.... I'd walk away.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
The team played it's best game on Sunday.

Now if I were you...~cracking neck~.... I'd walk away.

Yet only scored 1 TD on offense...and had far better field position than we ever do with Dak...

Praytell, genius, why have the Cowboys only scored 2 TDs in 4 full games without Dak?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yet only scored 1 TD on offense...and had far better field position than we ever do with Dak...

Praytell, genius, why have the Cowboys only scored 2 TDs in 4 full games without Dak?
Its everyone else's fault. Apparently. Apparently Zach Martin is a 30 point a game difference maker at RG.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Kinda sounds like you're already mad. :grin:

Honestly, I think Jerry and Stephen are only confirming what Dak critics already knew ( Dak is here to stay ) and crushed their little fantasy game of drafting Lawrence or Fields. Meaning all the different threads and scenarios about tanking for one of the two top QBs means ZERO to Jerry.

Silverstar

Reaction score
I just don't see Dak leading this team back to the SB.

He'll wind up being just like Rivers, Stafford, Luck, Cousins etc.

All good leaders and good guys, but they never get to the dance.

JMO

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Yea and had far better field position than we ever do with Dak...
Speaking of field positions/Steelers & Dak. The young quarterback manhandled the Steelers last time they played, IN Pittsburgh.

To top it off, it was Dak's rookie season. Worthlisberger who?! :lmao: