Twitter: Jerry: "I've got a lot to think about regarding these coaches."

cowboyec

Reaction score
i like dan quinn and don't wanna lose him.
but i really hope jj's solution isn't kellen moore as hc.
there's apart of me that thinks he's just spewin' and stewin'....but you never know.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Well I assumed McCarthy would be back, but how Jerry is talking I'm not so certain anymore. I know a lot of people think Jerry is a bad GM, but truthfully after he got through some bad drafts between the Switzer and Campo years player acquisition has been good.

Where you can fault him is making some questionable coaching decisions and building these piece meal staffs. I didn't mind the McCarthy hire, but it seems he provides too much freedom to his staff.

Reactions: CWR

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
I don’t know
Usually when Jerry publicly squawks about coaches , it’s just that - squawking -
He will cool down and say he had a really aggressive conversation with the staff and they know he means business - not just means - but really really means it -
No excuses until he provides excuses- he fully expects much more next season until he says he’s satisfied with what he gets - he still feels he has the best team in the world and he has done an incredible job putting it together - Dak will be better because he just will - he likes our guys until he doesn’t but he’s doing everything he can to win the Super Bowl
Go cowboys

fivetwos

Reaction score
I finally listened to it and heres what I heard....

He is really disappointed with Moore but he doesn't want to bad mouth him and prevent him from moving on if he gets an offer.

MM is going nowhere for now.

Overall he knows this was our best shot considering many things which we all know.

Most of all....nothing is going to dramatically change and he isnt all that close to quitting.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
I finally listened to it and heres what I heard....

He is really disappointed with Moore but he doesn't want to bad mouth him and prevent him from moving on if he gets an offer.

MM is going nowhere for now.

Overall he knows this was our best shot considering many things which we all know.

Most of all....nothing is going to dramatically change and he isnt all that close to quitting.
Please someone take Moore!
I don’t care if we live to regret it in ten years. The offense will return largely intact next year. The offensive staff and/or offensive philosophy surely can’t.

Blake

Reaction score
He just needs to let the head coach pick his offensive coordinator. Jerry needs to desist in trying to preempt the league with a wunderkid.

It's absurd. You'd think you would like for your head coach to select the people he will have chemistry with.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Please someone take Moore!
I don’t care if we live to regret it in ten years. The offense will return largely intact next year. The offensive staff and/or offensive philosophy surely can’t.
It ain't gonna happen.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
He's also displacing blame I feel. I think he thinks he did his job this season and the coaches screwed the pooch.

He's been doing that since he fired Chan Gailey after two seasons and two playoff berths. That Campo hiring was a stroke of genius.

It's never the fault of Jerry and his son, despite them being the two constants in the 25-years-of-nothing equation.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I have a feeling McCarthy is going to get the axe.

Mannix

Reaction score
The thing that has me smoking mad most of all, is that Chuckles is the ONE person that is going to be responsible for Corky keeping his job. I've done a 180 from something that I first said about 4-5 years ago...I now think that Booger needs to take Chuckles hunting, and return by himself.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
That's the question.

I wouldn't mind Flores one bit. I feel like he's a hard nosed guy that can change the culture. He coaches his team to wins in games they shouldn't win. I like that.

Other than that, I haven't paid much attention to what's out there because I just reserved myself to another year with McCarthy, but if things become real then I'll look more into what's available and will have a better answer for you.
That’s what has to change and it starts with Jerry. The culture is toxic and not focused on winning. Accountability is non-existent.

johneric8

Reaction score
I love how our fans fall right in line with Jerry blaming coaches each and every year.

These geniuses now want Sean Payton. The same guy they blamed while he was here and loved seeing leave.

I can't like this post man.. Look, we as fans know we're stuck with Jerry, and we're always blaming him for his poor decisions, but the bottom line is blaming Jerry isn't going to ever fix anything and he isn't going anywhere, so our only hope is to BLAME the coaches as well and be okay with changes because even Jerry may eventually get it right.... I like Big Mike but there are many good reasons to not feel secure with him moving forward.. I'm sure the majority of the people on this forum believe Dan Quinn is a much better head coach then Mike... Could that be misplaced? Sure, Quinn has really gotten these players attention and we don't see that often...

glimmerman

Reaction score
Fire the O-Line coach and get a good one if out there. One that’s teaching power blocking. You bring back a style like 2016 and you will have a run game. You have a run game and you have play action that’s believable. Teams won’t stack the line and blitz because he can beat them. With a good O-Line (don’t have to be great) they won’t get there with 4. They bring 4 and we run down there throats. They bring them up to the line and opens pass lanes. Similar to the the win streak earlier in the year. After the pats game teams found they O-Line was weakened by injuries like the D-Line was. The Defense got healthy. The O-Line was badly coached and held and made mental mistakes. I still think the pats game caught up to them. After Daks injury he was shakey every other game.

It’s like if we lost the egirls game we would have played better in the playoff game. Lol.

I am letting Moore go if he gets a offer but he won’t.. If I let him stay he will be on a short leash. As soon as he abandons the run after 3 runs up the gut even if we are getting yards and he isn’t mixing the run plays up then give MM the playcalling sheet. If I am MM I would be thinking about that anyways..

He quit using misdirection and only used motion for run plays. Not even jet sweeps at second half of the season. I liked the Wilson pass lateral but Cooper dropped a TD and playoff game Pollard wasn’t looking or couldn’t get it. But he was wide open and was a TD.

Dak needs a minimum of 2 designed runs per game. Off tackle RPO on Tyrons side or the QB draw. He is a mobile running QB and teams need to go back to worrying about it. We already know he can throw the deep sideline passes. He has done it well. Go back to fast starts with quick passes.

Take notes JJ. We will be right back in..