Video: Jerry/Jimmy Breakup 30th Anniversary: 30 Things You Didn't Know!

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The day the music died was when Coach Landry was, unceremoniously, let go. Jimmy left on his own, because of his ego.
Yeah. I admit, I cried like a baby when this happened. Even though I knew it was probably time for Landry to hang it up. It still hurt like hell. I had hoped Jerry would have kept him on as a consultant of some sort, but it didn't happen.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Jimmy didn't stay at a more than 5 years. He was a great coach, but he was more of a mercenary. Landry epitomized the Dallas Cowboys. It might have been time for him to ride off into the sunset, but the man deserved much better than he got from Jones.

HotDog37

Reaction score
I have a feeling that the breakup was far, far worse than ever reported. Thus, the past 30 years of failure.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jimmy and Jerry should cowrite a book and rake in the cash.
It took decades before Jones agreed on inducting Johnson into the Ring. Imagine how long it would take for Jones agreeing to doing something like that.

erod

Reaction score
The day the music died was when Coach Landry was, unceremoniously, let go. Jimmy left on his own, because of his ego.
There was zero music those past few years with Landry. His mind was waning fast, and his offense and defense were wildly outdated.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Jerry had nothing to do with it either, did he......

Jerry absolutely played a part in Jimmy throwing up his hands and saying 'screw it, it's time to go'. Or are you going to ignore all the circus atmosphere garbage Jerry had started that helped lead to Jimmy's decision.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Typical fan, no respect....I get it, I don't agree, but I get it. What I don't get is, why are so many still crying about Jimmy? He quit on the team....
Are you able to read Jimmy's mind and know this to be true? I think he quit on Jerry. There's a big difference.