Jerry Jones accused of sexual assault

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by erod, Sep 9, 2014.

1. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

10,265 Messages
    6,532 Likes Received
    Jerry's good luck continues. Goodell is dominating the news over the elevator video and now AP beating a kid. Jerry's transgression isnt all that big for the news right now.

kimrose and BoysFan4ever like this.
  2. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

8,593 Messages
    3,510 Likes Received
    Bad week for the NFL huh?

3. WPBCowboysFan

10,265 Messages
    6,532 Likes Received
    Yep, nobody's even talking about the games.

kimrose likes this.
  4. kimrose

kimrose Well-Known Member

2,442 Messages
    3,327 Likes Received
    Yep, WPB, I was saying the same thing yesterday. It was actually good timing for Jerry. Goodell's hands are full of his own scandal right now and he probably doesn't have time to deal with Jerry's.

5. WPBCowboysFan

10,265 Messages
    6,532 Likes Received
    Jerry is a non factor right now for Goodell. Throw in the AP arrest now and it just feeds a negative perception about the NFL, which is Goodell's baby. Its one more thing that has horrible timing for king roger.

kimrose likes this.
  6. kimrose

kimrose Well-Known Member

2,442 Messages
    3,327 Likes Received
    I wouldn't mind seeing King Roger's Kingdom crumble. I've been wanting to wipe that smug "I'm an untouchable god" expression off his face for years. Couldn't be happening to a nicer guy. The faux facade he created is showing cracks in the cheesy foundation. Jerry's, too. His altered state of reality and the Real reality are about to collide. It's just so unfortunate that our guys, as well as we fans, are going to feel the fallout more than him. At least sooner than him, or maybe it will just hurt us more because when we all fall down, we won't have billions of dollars to cushion our tushes, like he will.

WPBCowboysFan likes this.
  7. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

19,876 Messages
    3,867 Likes Received
    It was funny on Rome today. Earlier in the week, Jim was ripping Goodell, today defending him as Esiason was on basically saying it wasn't Goodell's fault, he believed Jannay etc

8. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

18,066 Messages
    11,624 Likes Received
    Texas is the last state that allows a literal interpretation of the "absent from the state" tolling statute. All other states allow the SOLs to run as long as defendant is subject to personal jurisdiction of the state. SCOTUS has generally taken a grim view of such tolling statutes as an unconstitutional infringement on interstate commerce. It would be funny if Jerry is the one who gets the Texas law thrown out.

9. daveferr33

daveferr33 Well-Known Member

1,171 Messages
    2,096 Likes Received
    You an attorney, links?

Any idea how the tolling statute works against the Dallas Cowboys Football Club? I assume they have a continuing presence, replete with a statutory agent. Accordingly, they should be easily dismissed?

10. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

18,066 Messages
    11,624 Likes Received
    I'd think so, but Texas can be kinda funny.