News: Jerry Jones admits he 'intentionally' stirs up the Cowboys QB controversy

remdak

Reaction score
It probably would have been the right move to play Romo as soon as he was healthy--then if he got hurt again we could go right back to Dak. Now, this........
That's what I wanted to do. I still think Romo is the better option but it's too late for that. As always though, I will root for the team over any particular player

Virginia-Dave

Reaction score
Off topic, but where did you get that motorcycle helmet in your avatar (assuming its yours)? I need it now!
Lol, I made it. Silver Arai helmet with Cowboys helmet sticker kit purchased on Ebay. If you ever decide to do it, make sure you buy the sticker kit that has the center stripe cut into 3 pieces(2 blue, 1 white). If you buy it as one piece it is too wide to lay down on the helmet because of how round the helmet is.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Lol, I made it. Silver Arai helmet with Cowboys helmet sticker kit purchased on Ebay. If you ever decide to do it, make sure you buy the sticker kit that has the center stripe cut into 3 pieces(2 blue, 1 white). If you buy it as one piece it is too wide to lay down on the helmet because of how round the helmet is.
Dude, you are a God among men. Thank you for this info my friend!

Zordon

Reaction score
Jerry is closer to the end as opposed to the beginning. He has done so much for me to dislike...so I had resigned myself to not liking him. But I was starting to come around with the resurgence of the team and the way the team was being built and how the organization was being run. Then THIS. I'm sorry. I will not miss him when he is gone...whenever that is.

We are so close to doing something big this year...that you can almost taste it. And instead of realizing this and letting it happen. He MUST insert HIMSELF with his tired act. Sorry fellow zoners...I have ZERO respect for this.
It's funny you feel it's necessary to say "im sorry". There's nothing to be sorry about, this is despicable behavior.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Suggestive_medium.gif

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
It's funny you feel it's necessary to say "im sorry". There's nothing to be sorry about, this is despicable behavior.
Because there are so many zoners who excuse this with "jerry being jerry" excuses. We have all created this monster because of our passion for the star. He has completely used us over the years and taken advantage of our loyalty. But I despise how rich he has gotten off ineptitude. Then he is constantly flaunting it in our faces. Be clear...I don't begrudge someone for gaining wealth...but the riches he has gained with a dreadful track record is just disgusting.

We have a young QB who is doing the best he can to make us loyal fans proud...and Jerry just has to find a way put his "stamp" on a situation. Sickening!

Zordon

Reaction score
Because there are so many zoners who excuse this with "jerry being jerry" excuses. We have all created this monster because of our passion for the star. He has completely used us over the years and taken advantage of our loyalty. But I despise how rich he has gotten off ineptitude. Then he is constantly flaunting it in our faces. Be clear...I don't begrudge someone for gaining wealth...but the riches he has gained with a dreadful track record is just disgusting.

We have a young QB who is doing the best he can to make us loyal fans proud...and Jerry just has to find a way put his "stamp" on a situation. Sickening!
I don't get why so many here to support him. There were many people taking his side over Aikman last week. Can you believe that? The man who led us to 3 super bowls....this can be a weird place sometimes.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Glad Jerry finally admits to what the rest of the world has known for years...He's an attention "horse"........

MSCowboyFan

Reaction score
oh no. Jerry Jones did something along the lines of things he's done time and time again for nearly thirty years. Shocking. Not shocking? Must be shocking. Some people are continually shocked. So it must be shocking... right?

Maybe he will change and finally begin doing things that are expected of him. Funny. That will never happen but I would be shocked if it did. Shocking.

You completely miss the point. He admits to stirring the pot regarding the QB situation and it doesn't make Dak or Tony's life any easier. For that matter, it makes a LOT of people in the organization's life more complicated. But he's the puppet master and takes pride in that.

Last edited by a moderator:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Jerry just wants the Cowboys in the news anyway possible. Wouldn't it be great just to be in the news for SB titles?

mrmojo

Reaction score
The Cowboys are selling themselves this season I don't see the need for additional publicity.us were the DalLas Cowboys! Sure Jerry has kept us relevant without winning championships the last 20 years, but it's winning thats made this franchise legendary.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You completely miss the point. He admits to stirring the pot regarding the QB situation and it doesn't make Dak or Tony's life any easier. For that matter, it makes a LOT of people in the organization's life more complicated. But he's the puppet master and takes pride in that.
I missed nothing.

I fully understood he was creating controversy intentionally before he ever uttered a word.

I fully understand how anything he has said and shall say has potential ramifications impacting anyone directly or indirectly.

I have been stating much of his behavior is narcissism based for many years.

Comprehension and wisdom have their advantages. In Jerry Jones case, such advantages allows anyone to foresee the infinite possibilities of him creating totally unnecessary chaos... and self-assimilating probable consequences. In doing so, those advantages prepare anyone in advance to deal, to cope, to adjust one's own reactions in a completely rational way at all times.

Jones is the ultimate x-factor. Some people's mistake is believing for an instant he will submit to their sense of conformity. Illogical. Luckily, I figured the man out in the 90's. He does not shock me. He does not disappoint me. He doesn't blah blah blah. I can't change him. No one can. That's reality. That's life.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Jerry is closer to the end as opposed to the beginning. He has done so much for me to dislike...so I had resigned myself to not liking him. But I was starting to come around with the resurgence of the team and the way the team was being built and how the organization was being run. Then THIS. I'm sorry. I will not miss him when he is gone...whenever that is.

We are so close to doing something big this year...that you can almost taste it. And instead of realizing this and letting it happen. He MUST insert HIMSELF with his tired act. Sorry fellow zoners...I have ZERO respect for this.
I definitely won't miss him when he's gone, which can't come soon enough.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He is so full of crap. He loves Romo, and is secretly fantasizing that something will happen to Dak which will force Romo into the game. Then Romo will magically lead the Cowboys through the playoffs, and into the SB. After he wins the Super Bowl, and SB MVP, Romo will propose to Jerry, and they will ride off into the sunset on their flying unicorn, and live happily ever after. :)
Look what happened.

DAK was beginning to struggle and suddenly DAK goes 32-36.

Jerrah knows DAK wants to start so he merely mentions Romo and DAK perks up.

Hmmmmmm........