Video: Jerry Jones- Amari Cooper is as good a route-runner as has ever put on a Cowboys uniform

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Jerrah's Magneto.?

That is old school talk, bro.

Does his wife know he has a Magneto?

Be afraid..very afraid.
:lmao: I'd reckon she's well acquainted with JERRY'S MAGNETO,,, and,,, were that ,NOT the case?,,, ya, it's time to be afraid,,,very afraido_O

:lmao:LMAO:lmao:

kskboys

Reaction score
Well, Jerry, I'm glad to see it only took you 23 years to realize how route running affects a WR's effectiveness. (You could've just asked someone!!!)

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I'd rather have any other owner than Jerry.

Name 5 owners in the NFL that are blowing Jerry away at being an owner. Can't wait to see this list of owners. Anyone want to bet that at least 3 of them don't even have a SB win in the last 20 years.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I’d only put Michael Irvin above him. For those of you making fun of Jerry for this statement, what WR in a Cowboys uniform past or present is a better route runner?

Cooper is making DBs look silly.

If this makes any sense, I would say Irvin did a better job of setting defenders up for his moves, but he had to because he couldn't create separation with his speed. He had to get the defender leaning or nudge him in order to create room.

Cooper's speed automatically creates a cushion and he does a great job of stringing out the defender with his moves to keep or increase that cushion.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
no he cant, this is the part of being owner and gm that he loves.
The fact that Amari has done good last few weeks, is swelling jerry and his boys head so much, I dont know if they
will be able to get into the stadium Thur nite.

This trade now confirms to them how great they are at playing Gm and running this team lol.
Yea that's what happened. Nothing really has changed until they win in the playoffs. A lot of us picked them to go 9-7 or 10-6 before the season so nothing has changed as far as how we look at the team. They put the team at this disadvantage by not getting a quality WR when they cut Dez.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Jerry can do it all. Well, there is that one thing, he just can not deliver us a championship team.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
That should help you with your negotiations Jerry...lol. What an idiot.

nobody

Reaction score
Good grief. It's like people are reacting as if Jerry said Cooper was the best receiver the Cowboys ever had. That's not what he said at all. He said he was as good a route runner. As far as route running is concerned, I'd place Cooper up with any of the Cowboys greats. But there are more aspects to the position than just route running. Have some perspective, people.

Pay a guy a compliment and others seem to take it as an attack on former greats. We'll see what we get out of Cooper long-term, but in this rare instance, Jerry is right. Cooper is that good of a route runner.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Good grief. It's like people are reacting as if Jerry said Cooper was the best receiver the Cowboys ever had. That's not what he said at all. He said he was as good a route runner. As far as route running is concerned, I'd place Cooper up with any of the Cowboys greats. But there are more aspects to the position than just route running. Have some perspective, people.

Pay a guy a compliment and others seem to take it as an attack on former greats. We'll see what we get out of Cooper long-term, but in this rare instance, Jerry is right. Cooper is that good of a route runner.
Not enough likes for this post. Well-said sir.

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
Posts like this are the reason it's difficult to have a reasonable discussion about Dak's play.

So what you're saying is any other discussion besides "Dak is the best QB ever" is unreasonable? Just curious... My post was about Dak's play... If he would learn to control his throws when he actually throws it (and not dink and dunk it), I would have a whole different comment that I can make...