Jerry Jones and Entertainment Value

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry's net worth is 8.4 billion. Being the team is worth a little more than half of his net worth I guess "a very small part" wasn't quite the proper wording.

He made his early wealth through the oil and gas business so no not "everything" can be attributed to him owning the team.........the oil business allowed him to initially purchase the team.
Correct . Not originally.
He put everything he had to pay cash for the Cowboys. About 140 million.

And why he was so hands on . His livelihood depended on the Cowboys success at that point. Unlike most owners.

His wealth since has been centered around and evolved from his success and revenue he generated from the Cowboys.

And much of his net worth includes the stadium, Star and facilities.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Ive never doubted he wanted another superbowl

but Now? Its hard to think he wants one when Garrett is still here
He’s want to win a SB more than ever. But not bad enough to get out of the way and let a legit proven HC come in and get the credit.

Jerry tried winning Super Bowls with a proven HC but his ego won’t allow someone else to receive more credit and be the face of his franchise.

I’m not sure why it’s taken over 2 decades for all fans to come to grips with it?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I used to think that good ole Jerry really wanted to win more superbowls. But I now think he looks at his franchise and tells himself there's a sucker born every minute. He actually loves running a circus, and really loves having clowns as coaches.

Truth is as long as the Cowboys are entertaining, and at least have middle of the road record, they are big money makers. Money is Jerry's SB, and we are the suckers.

Cowboys coaching staff 2019 photo:
giphy.gif

This post is the definition of being “insightful”.

Jerry is PT Barnum.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This post is the definition of being “insightful”.

Jerry is PT Barnum.
Yes but he’s created all of this to take our eye off of the 8-ball. It’s a terrific distraction. Plus not challenging his revenue generating brilliance has left him less directly responsible.

We have the bulk of our fans in a Lynch Mob with our HC instead of the one responsible for continuing to hire Puppets.

If only we’d all pull our resources together targeting the root of the evil.