Jerry Jones and weight gain

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm neutral here....seriously.

Did you watch the episode? If not, nevermind.

If so, the part where Jerry discusses Dak being a 4th round pick...that's scary!
All of his football acumen’s are scary. It explains so much of where we are though.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So after owning the team since 1989 and Jerry having played on a national championship team. You and many others don’t think they know anything about football.
They live, breath, drink football, as well drink other spirits also. :muttley:

Of course I know what the answer is and what will be posted.
But it is absurd to think they do not know a thing about the game.

My daughter started playing fastpitch softball at age 9. I didnt know a thing about the sport. within 2 years I was coaching because the coaching I was watching was pretty bad. Id say within4 years, I was one of the best coaches in our area. Within 8 years, I think I was one of the best coaches in the country. You learn, and I agree with you 100%. Jerry played the game, jerry pretty much does NOTHING but the game. To think they know nothing about football is absurd. Why is it that people think the special teams coach is quickly an expert on special teams? How did any of those guys go from players to coaches????? They learned.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
So after owning the team since 1989 and Jerry having played on a national championship team. You and many others don’t think they know anything about football.
They live, breath, drink football, as well drink other spirits also. :muttley:

Of course I know what the answer is and what will be posted.
But it is absurd to think they do not know a thing about the game.

Unbelievable. Are you for real ? Since Jimmy left these two clowns have had 25 years to prove they know something and the facts speak for themselves. Period. I’m sure you and I “know a thing about the game”. Does that mean we know enough football to be a professional GM or Head of Personnel ? Jerry is skilled at marketing. Stephen is skilled at being the sperm who survived the journey to become Jerry’s son.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Unbelievable. Are you for real ? Since Jimmy left these two clowns have had 25 years to prove they know something and the facts speak for themselves. Period. I’m sure you and I “know a thing about the game”. Does that mean we know enough football to be a professional GM or Head of Personnel ? Jerry is skilled at marketing. Stephen is skilled at being the sperm who survived the journey to become Jerry’s son.
Well, while I’d agree he doesn’t know or invest enough time to be a GM he probably knows more than most owners.

Unfortunately all owners are running their football operations as he is. Or we’d prob fare much better.

What’s really sad for some franchises is they actually run their teams much better but don’t have anymore success. But they do have a better chance of finally getting it right.

ESisback

Reaction score
My daughter started playing fastpitch softball at age 9. I didnt know a thing about the sport. within 2 years I was coaching because the coaching I was watching was pretty bad. Id say within4 years, I was one of the best coaches in our area. Within 8 years, I think I was one of the best coaches in the country. You learn, and I agree with you 100%. Jerry played the game, jerry pretty much does NOTHING but the game. To think they know nothing about football is absurd. Why is it that people think the special teams coach is quickly an expert on special teams? How did any of those guys go from players to coaches????? They learned.
Exactly! I was in radio over 30 years. When I started, I didn’t know diddly. Now? I’ve worked every format, dealt with record companies, producers, writers, salesmen, promoters, programmers, performers, etc. Live and learn over time!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yea I am for real. You are the one unbelievable. Your hate for Jerry shows.
It has nothing to do with the past 25 years.
It was about the overall knowledge of the game.

So the teams that had the top picks in the draft, are you going to say they have no knowledge after having a losing record?
Just stop. Your hate is absurd.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Yea I am for real. You are the one unbelievable. Your hate for Jerry shows.
It has nothing to do with the past 25 years.
It was about the overall knowledge of the game.

So the teams that had the top picks in the draft, are you going to say they have no knowledge after having a losing record?
Just stop. Your hate is absurd.

Another hater who can’t handle the truth. Yes, baby boy, Jerry is a football genius and we have all those playoff teams and wins to prove it. Oh, wait. You can stop whining about reality any time. Now go get some warm milk and put you feet pajamas on.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think watching him in those meetings with his sport coat on and steve with his glasses on telling the football coaches their opinions is a frightening thing for a fan of this organization.

Mike McCarthy has enough knowledge to take what they say with a grain of salt, even though he'll often listen without comment. ;)

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Another hater who can’t handle the truth. Yes, baby boy, Jerry is a football genius and we have all those playoff teams and wins to prove it. Oh, wait. You can stop whining about reality any time. Now go get some warm milk and put you feet pajamas on.
Someone lost their binky

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
...during the 5 episodes of Hark Knocks have you noticed the belly on Jerry? That in itself makes him look older and unhealthy. I know he's old, but don't think I ever saw obvious Cinnabon under his shirt.

...what you guys think?
Maybe it's the baby bump Dak gave him.

dfense

Reaction score
Give Jerrah a little credit. As an owner, he puts his money where his mouth is. You don't see him blackmailing the city to have them pay 100% for a new stadium like a lot of owners do. He treats Cowboy alumns like gold. Try to find a former player who has a bad word for Jerrah.