Jerry Jones and weight gain

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
...during the 5 episodes of Hark Knocks have you noticed the belly on Jerry? That in itself makes him look older and unhealthy. I know he's old, but don't think I ever saw obvious Cinnabon under his shirt.

...what you guys think?
Jerry's got us talking bout his belly. Lol
Has the season started yet?

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
He would.
But whataburgers salt is the real villain here, not empty burger calories.
Its salt content is deadly.
They are not even in the top 40 for salt content Most Subway sandwiches are higher in salt content.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another hater who can’t handle the truth. Yes, baby boy, Jerry is a football genius and we have all those playoff teams and wins to prove it. Oh, wait. You can stop whining about reality any time. Now go get some warm milk and put you feet pajamas on.

And you, the hater resorts to insults as he is proven wrong.
I love it when I am right. As I know I am, when you haters resort to this type of response.
It never fails….when proven wrong, haters go to insults and this type of reaction.

I had a good laugh though. Or maybe I am laughing at you. Doesn’t matter.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
They have proven time and time again they are not capable of assembling a winning front office/coaching staff/roster.....and in the rare occasions when the talent was here they have found ways to sabotage the team with constant talking/guarantees and incessant media attention.

When Parcells was hired the changes were stark and obvious. Immediately sound decisions were being made, an outstanding staff was put together and the front office was purged of the nonsense that had been making decisions. They rode that rebuild for a long time and used part of the blue print that brought cornerstone players back to the franchise like Ware, Witten, Romo and Newman.

They have been unable to identify Defensive talent in the draft /develop the talent / and hire a competent defensive staff in over a decade.

Jerry has a big say in what happens but he spends as much time chasing marketing deals, food services deals, natural gas deals and real estate deals.

The real kicker is they know that they are not good enough to overcome themselves and just ignore it and push forward with their marketing and minor tweaks. There is no philosophy on how to win in Dallas and that is why they are always chasing some new idea.

Simple things, Jason Garrett was on his way out in 2019 he told the media he did not use analytics while on the sidelines to make decisions. It became a big story.....next thing you know Jerry hires Mike McCarthy without even really interviewing anyone else with one of the main reasons being the amount of time McCarthy proclaimed to have spent on his year off studying the analytics of the game and having a new analytics team to bring with him. Now the story in the media for the first month is how McCarthy will do what Garrett won't do. this is how they operate. Its the same dumb things over and over.
Are you saying the Cowboys are a circus?
Who wudda thunk?

rambo2

Reaction score
Fitness and diet is lifestyle that needs to be embraced. IMO it is just as important as you age because it is easy to let yourself and gain weight over time, which unfortunately I think is the case with Jerry. Even Stephen has gained a lot of weight over the years.
A lot of the Cowboy bashers on here are real fatsos.

rambo2

Reaction score
Unbelievable. Are you for real ? Since Jimmy left these two clowns have had 25 years to prove they know something and the facts speak for themselves. Period. I’m sure you and I “know a thing about the game”. Does that mean we know enough football to be a professional GM or Head of Personnel ? Jerry is skilled at marketing. Stephen is skilled at being the sperm who survived the journey to become Jerry’s son.
They went 13 and 3 just a few years ago. Did you miss that?

ESisback

Reaction score
Another hater who can’t handle the truth. Yes, baby boy, Jerry is a football genius and we have all those playoff teams and wins to prove it. Oh, wait. You can stop whining about reality any time. Now go get some warm milk and put you feet pajamas on.

Personal insults don’t exactly validate a viewpoint. I’d be among the first to demand that Jerry step back and appoint a real GM, but I’m sorry, people immersed in it for decades know more about the business than frustrated and emotional armchair GMs on an internet fan forum.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Personal insults don’t exactly validate a viewpoint. I’d be among the first to demand that Jerry step back and appoint a real GM, but I’m sorry, people immersed in it for decades know more about the business than frustrated and emotional armchair GMs on an internet fan forum.

Hmmmm, so you think they know more than the average fan ? How many average fans knew Garrett was a joke as a head coach from the beginning or after 3-4 years yet it took Jerry 10 years to realize it. How many average fans think it is beyond dumb to keep using high draft picks on players with known injury issues ? Yet we have Jerry drafting Lee, LVE, and Jaylon - all of which, guess what, had injury issues which comprised their value. And Jaylon’s contract extension ? Dude, there are plenty of average fans that post on this board that see and call out Jerry’s dumb moves daily. And I’m not going to waste time documenting Jerry’s other dumb moves. Yah, Jerry’s been immersed in mediocrity for decades, which has just served to convince him he is a football guy who is smarter than everyone else.

ESisback

Reaction score
Hmmmm, so you think they know more than the average fan ? How many average fans knew Garrett was a joke as a head coach from the beginning or after 3-4 years yet it took Jerry 10 years to realize it. How many average fans think it is beyond dumb to keep using high draft picks on players with known injury issues ? Yet we have Jerry drafting Lee, LVE, and Jaylon - all of which, guess what, had injury issues which comprised their value. And Jaylon’s contract extension ? Dude, there are plenty of average fans that post on this board that see and call out Jerry’s dumb moves daily. And I’m not going to waste time documenting Jerry’s other dumb moves. Yah, Jerry’s been immersed in mediocrity for decades, which has just served to convince him he is a football guy who is smarter than everyone else.
I’m not going to waste anymore time trying to convince people. I don’t agree with a lot of what he does, but I’m an outsider. Just a fan. Sorry.

rambo2

Reaction score
If Jerry is so dumb why is he a multi billionaire and in the NFL hall of fame?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
...during the 5 episodes of Hark Knocks have you noticed the belly on Jerry? That in itself makes him look older and unhealthy. I know he's old, but don't think I ever saw obvious Cinnabon under his shirt.

...what you guys think?
I'd be offended by your comment if I wasn't in the same state as Jerry

mrmojo

Reaction score
Getting old sucks.....even smelling a burger adds a couple of pounds. Could be he has other things going on health wise.... maybe he's just living his best life now and throwing caution to the wind....IDK but I won't bash or judge him..

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Day before the first game of the season .......... a thread about Jerry Jones weight.

Jeebus.