Jerry Jones and weight gain

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Fitness and diet is lifestyle that needs to be embraced. IMO it is just as important as you age because it is easy to let yourself and gain weight over time, which unfortunately I think is the case with Jerry. Even Stephen has gained a lot of weight over the years.

I'm 64, still workout with heavy weights and push a weighted sled 200 yards in intervals (for HIT) three times a week and one thing that always is in the back of my mind was some advice a friend gave me.

"If you stop at your age...you'll never get back again to where you are."

Man that just hit me like a ton of bricks. I don't love going to the gym anymore as much as I hate not going.

plasticman

Reaction score
I think Jerry looks great.

I encourage him to eat whatever he wants, visit Whattaburger three times a day, ignore exercise completely, and drink like a frat house legend.

If he continues this lifestyle then I guarantee it will ultimately lead to a far better management structure within the Cowboy organization.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Personally I’m in this really weird spot when it comes to Jerry Jones. I want him to really put the screws to every greedy over paid player and keep those salaries low (as is his right and duty as a red blooded American.) but on the flip side I don’t want him anywhere near any roster making decisions no matter how much I honor the fortune he’s made doing things his way.

JustChip

Reaction score
So after owning the team since 1989 and Jerry having played on a national championship team. You and many others don’t think they know anything about football.
They live, breath, drink football, as well drink other spirits also. :muttley:

Of course I know what the answer is and what will be posted.
But it is absurd to think they do not know a thing about the game.
I agree. But knowing something & being able to make the correct decision are not one and the same.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think watching him in those meetings with his sport coat on and steve with his glasses on telling the football coaches their opinions is a frightening thing for a fan of this organization.
Totally agree about the Joneses in the coaches meeting but we all knew that about them. What frightened me the most is MM defending the trash Ben. Dinucci does not belong on this team.

JBond

Reaction score
I just love how fans truly believe that the GM and president of every team aren't sitting in on meetings deciding who is gonna make the roster for the team. But yes, please continue the Jerry bashing because it has to make you feel good to continue to throw eggs at a wall while hoping it will fall.
Quick question. How many NFL teams have one person as both the owner and GM?

I know how the Chiefs operate. They have an Owner a different President of Operations and a different GM.

It prevents tunnel vision. Different views and approaches = adaptability.

Anyone that believes they are the smartest person in any and every room... well, based on history we know how that turns out.

Those with leadership qualities that surround themselves with people that are better than them in certain categories will win. Real leaders know their weaknesses. That is not the Jones family way. They actually they believe they are the best at everything. If money is it, yep, pretty good at it. Building a consistent championship caliber football team, not so much.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
i th
...during the 5 episodes of Hark Knocks have you noticed the belly on Jerry? That in itself makes him look older and unhealthy. I know he's old, but don't think I ever saw obvious Cinnabon under his shirt.

...what you guys think?
I think this places obsession with players and coaches weight is concerning and stupid.:facepalm: its not cute nor funny and mods should auto delete..:popcorn:

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Quick question. How many NFL teams have one person as both the owner and GM?

I know how the Chiefs operate. They have an Owner a different President of Operations and a different GM.

It prevents tunnel vision. Different views and approaches = adaptability.

Anyone that believes they are the smartest person in any and every room... well, based on history we know how that turns out.

Those with leadership qualities that surround themselves with people that are better than them in certain categories will win. Real leaders know their weaknesses. That is not the Jones family way. They actually they believe they are the best at everything. If money is it, yep, pretty good at it. Building a consistent championship caliber football team, not so much.

Same tired story for 25 years. I don't understand why yall don't accept it and just again throw eggs at a wall and hope it will fall.

What I saw on hard knocks was the GM asking his coach and the player personal assistant or whatever Will McClay is for an evaluation of a player. Then taking that evaluation and making the corresponding move that the coach asked for. That's what GMs do, they let the coaches evaluate who they want on the team, and then do it.

Jerry is the owner and GM. Yall have had what 30 years to accept it, and you're still whinning about him doing his job? He's the GM he's gonna do what a GM does. Him being the owner doesn't change anything.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
...during the 5 episodes of Hark Knocks have you noticed the belly on Jerry? That in itself makes him look older and unhealthy. I know he's old, but don't think I ever saw obvious Cinnabon under his shirt.

...what you guys think?

I think when you get to Jerry age you better enjoy the time you have left.

JBond

Reaction score
Same tired story for 25 years. I don't understand why yall don't accept it and just again throw eggs at a wall and hope it will fall.

What I saw on hard knocks was the GM asking his coach and the player personal assistant or whatever Will McClay is for an evaluation of a player. Then taking that evaluation and making the corresponding move that the coach asked for. That's what GMs do, they let the coaches evaluate who they want on the team, and then do it.

Jerry is the owner and GM. Yall have had what 30 years to accept it, and you're still whinning about him doing his job? He's the GM he's gonna do what a GM does. Him being the owner doesn't change anything.
Boo to your reply.
; )