Jerry Jones believes Cowboys can compete with high-scoring teams like the Rams and Chiefs

JayFord

Reaction score
He’s right

Were a ball control offense that would limit the amount of opportunities that the other offense would get plus we have a defense

With that said in 2 weeks we play NO and they’re going to hang 28 on us not because were going to shut down their offense but because our running game will be able to keep brees off the field for quite some time and brees will score 4 out of the 7 possessions they get

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
didn't he say that negative comments hurt his feelings? :laugh:

I think his accomplice daughter mentioned that.

But hey, I'm fair, if these Cowboys are even competitive when they play the Saints, I'll be the first one to applaud Jerry and his optimism.

But if not, I wonder if he takes another powder like he's has several times this season already and has nothing to say after the fact?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We’ll see, against the Saints here soon enough.

I could see the defense keeping a game close if we don’t turn the ball over.

StylisticS

Reaction score
You have fans on Facebook pretty much echo this same type of sentiment last night on Facebook. Thought it was crazy coming from them and it’s crazy coming fro him as well. I was pretty much saying the same thing Sydla said in his initial post.

conner01

Reaction score
I actually agree with Jerry.

I'm not saying we would win but Dallas is good at making every game a coin flip. Even against bad teams.

Play good defense, run the clock out, and see what happens in the 4th quarter.
3 times this year they have been held to 30 or less
They concept is sound assuming you can score 30 or more

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He’s right

Were a ball control offense that would limit the amount of opportunities that the other offense would get plus we have a defense

With that said in 2 weeks we play NO and they’re going to hang 28 on us not because were going to shut down their offense but because our running game will be able to keep brees off the field for quite some time and brees will score 4 out of the 7 possessions they get

That's the thing.

Our brand of football is going to keep the score low unless we turn the ball over and force Dak to get pass happy.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The Saints have played the Ravens and Vikings and I would say they are similar to the Cowboys in terms of how they approach the game. The Vikings might throw it a little more then we do.

Anyways.

Saints 24

Ravens 23

Saints 30

Vikings 20

That's the type of score we should expect in our matchup.

They haven't played Carolina yet. That would've been another good game to look at.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I dont disagree. A team like the Rams will wear their own defense out, and a team like dallas would be able to play keep away. The only thing I'm afraid of is all the field goals we kick instead of scoring touchdowns.

movaughn88

Reaction score
That's the thing.

Our brand of football is going to keep the score low unless we turn the ball over and force Dak to get pass happy.

I have a lot of conflicting thoughts about the style of football we saw last night. I don't think you see that type of game much in the playoffs. Yet there are so many new shiny dome/covered stadiums that are faster tracks than the ones of old. Could the Chiefs take that game style into Pittsburgh in January? Could the Rams take that into Lambeau? Unfortunately Jerry built a big living room stadium, where the new style teams have a better chance of running over our game plan (when it actually works)

I for one don't like watching 54-51. But if I was a GM I'd HAVE to realize that's the trend.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I have a lot of conflicting thoughts about the style of football we saw last night. I don't think you see that type of game much in the playoffs. Yet there are so many new shiny dome/covered stadiums that are faster tracks than the ones of old. Could the Chiefs take that game style into Pittsburgh in January? Could the Rams take that into Lambeau? Unfortunately Jerry built a big living room stadium, where the new style teams have a better chance of running over our game plan (when it actually works)

I for one don't like watching 54-51.

That was fun game to watch but it did get sloppy at times.

If you turn the ball over like that in the post season you'll get beat.

Dallas just needs some updated concepts and an offense that's current.

WE can still play within our strength but a little bit of creativity would go a long way.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's the thing.

No it will not because of the ability of the other teams to take them out of that game plan. Are they going to give up 50? Not likely but there were 3 D TD's last night but there was pass rushing aplenty. The Cowboys do not have a better pass rush than the Rams.

The glaring difference in those two teams last night was painfully apparent. The Cowboys QB is not borderline in the same league with those two and add the play callers vs the one Dallas has and it's no contest.

It doesn't matter what the Cowboys are designed to do if they can't do it. Those two we saw last night, there are more on the way and might be a couple in this 2018 draft class emerging next season. The writing is on the wall, if a team doesn't have one of those trigger guys capable of putting 30+ a game and every game, they're out.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Defensively, the Chiefs and Rams have good defensive linemen. The rest of their defenses are garbage and we all saw that last night.

Good luck against the Steelers and Saints in the postseason.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No it will not because of the ability of the other teams to take them out of that game plan. Are they going to give up 50? Not likely but there were 3 D TD's last night but there was pass rushing aplenty. The Cowboys do not have a better pass rush than the Rams.

The glaring difference in those two teams last night was painfully apparent. The Cowboys QB is not borderline in the same league with those two and add the play callers vs the one Dallas has and it's no contest.

It doesn't matter what the Cowboys are designed to do if they can't do it. Those two we saw last night, there are more on the way and might be a couple in this 2018 draft class emerging next season. The writing is on the wall, if a team doesn't have one of those trigger guys capable of putting 30+ a game and every game, they're out.

Dallas has a much better defense then either one of those teams and we will chew clock with Zeke.

Unless we turn the ball over it's just common sense we aren't getting blown out.

Our pass rush is more then good enough. It's been good all year.

It's the mobile QB's on 3rd downs that have been the weakness for this defense.