Jerry Jones blind to enemy colors, why fans are turned off by Cowboys

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Actually I think it is.

If he had put together a better product, they might be interested enough to show up.

But, because of the joke of locking in ticketholders with PSL's and other legalized extortion, the billionaires get richer either way.

It definitely has an effect but why should it be greater in the Dallas area vs anywhere else? Is there something special about our PSL's?

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Jerry can afford to turn the other way when they keep squeaking by at 8-8, but the team that took the field Sunday will cause a revolt that will force his hand. That was flipping abysmal. First pick of the draft level abysmal.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It definitely has an effect but why should it be greater in the Dallas area vs anywhere else? Is there something special about our PSL's?

I couldn't say enough for sure about it myself, but I remember reading an article about the dynamics of the PSL's and season tickets and the fans who signed up for that deal are locked in for years.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen that many opposing fans at another teams stadium and I've seen some crazy fan showings at other teams stadiums being a Cowboy fan.

We got in our own endzone and our own players were jumping offside because it was so loud.

They show the endzone crowd and it's a sea of red.

How the heck did Jerry not see this?

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
YR[/quote]
I don't think I've ever seen that many opposing fans at another teams stadium and I've seen some crazy fan showings at other teams stadiums being a Cowboy fan.

We got in our own endzone and our own players were jumping offside because it was so loud.

He saw. He's lying.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
When you are in charge of putting a substandard product on the field, when you have three straight seasons of 8-8, when you say this years team is going to be an uphill battle...yes, you have a good bit of accountability when it comes to fans either not buying tickets to the game or selling the tickets they had to others.

H8r!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The same way other fans don't - blinders.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score

EST_1986

Reaction score
A few more hundred Cowboys fan there and Romo probably reads the field better.

Carolina Cowboy

Reaction score
By Dan Wetzel

ARLINGTON, Texas – The swaths of red, San Francisco 49ers red, spread and leached through the stands at AT&T Stadium. It was all over the end zones. It dominated the third deck and standing room areas. It even scattered through the most expensive club seat sections.

Red here. Red there. Red everywhere.

It didn't just speak to the traveling might and national appeal of the Niners. It wasn't just about the power of a Super Bowl contender that would cruise to a 28-17 victory that was far more lopsided than the score suggests.

Read the rest http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jerry-...fans-are-turned-off-by-cowboys-021544055.html

That's it in a nutshell. You win, you are relevant. The Cowboys are not relevant; it seemed to me that the fans not in attendance did not want to spend a nice Sunday afternoon getting kicked in the face.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I couldn't say enough for sure about it myself, but I remember reading an article about the dynamics of the PSL's and season tickets and the fans who signed up for that deal are locked in for years.

This is true for most teams, especially if they have a new stadium.
But one can also sell their rights to those seats, at a profit or a loss, depending on how bad they want out of the rights.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is true for most teams, especially if they have a new stadium.
But one can also sell their rights to those seats, at a profit or a loss, depending on how bad they want out of the rights.

That's what I thought, but from what I've read, it's a great situation and guaranteed income for the billionaire owners and a lousy deal to get locked into for a fan.

And, given the current product and the situation like we witnessed yesterday, I think any fan selling the rights would do so at a loss right now.

It's bad enough to pay the price they're asking, but to get locked in to paying that price?

Ridiculous.

Wayne02

Reaction score
I hope all of the season ticket holders sell their tickets to the opposing team's fans, maybe then Mr. Burns will start to see what he has done to this organization.