Jerry Jones: Dak Prescott has room for improvement

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Give him 60 million
Stop it lol. I never get those that blame Jerry, but can't see that his dealings with Dak is indelibly linked to his failings as an owner/GM.
In effect Jerry's trying to make a case for Dak to give a contract which 'helps' provide an 'all-in' winning team (be it money or years).
My problem is that money on Dak or roster won't overcome Dak's melt-down under pressure....any saving on Dak isn't going to allow Jerry to build a team and coaching staff which will ensure a lead and give Dak an arm chair ride (or at least keep him in his comfort zone).

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don't know if this is true or speculation but it has been reported that he gets anxious and struggles with defensive reads early in games
Not sure but we do know is it generally takes him a quarter or couple of series to get going..........that's a fact.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Not sure but we do know is it generally takes him a quarter or couple of series to get going..........that's a fact.
But there are also the two SF play-off losses, where he had three (or 4) drives at the end of the game to win/tie the scores.
It seems the issue of anxiety when there's no alternative and he has no margin for error.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I'm with Jerry, he needs to fire a coach or two, that will fix dak. Then look for a miracle worker who can call plays and prescribe anxiety drugs for the child.

/s

naw, I just hope he gets paid and his baby mama takes over half of what he gets.
That would be the best thing ever.

Go Cowboys.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Now you’re just making up stuff.

Dak has more than enough issues you can discuss. His work ethic isn’t one of them.

He isn’t clutch, he freezes in big moments, his footwork goes out the window when he isn’t doing well and his panics, he’s just not very good, but his work ethic has never been in question. Using someone not in the facility and who is angry as your reasoning is kinda disingenuous on your part.

Imagine if we took Dez Bryant’s mom’s side when he apparently assaulted her? Only to come to find out he hit her with his baseball cap because he was tired of feeding her crack habit?
Maybe I am P..........I just don't think they are making things us. I would have agreed 1000% about his work ethic couple a of months ago but something off P. How in the hell can you enter arguably one of the biggest, if not the biggest game of your career and look completely lost from the very first play? Also Jerry calling him publically shows his frustration and now we will go as far as Dak takes us. If you had told me he would be that unprepared for that game .........I would have called you crazy x 1000 (lol). That is how much confidence I had in him and I'm still a strong supporter. Perhaps I am wrong about the ethics but good lord, something off big-time IMO.

You know that saying, if you don't have anything good to say, say nothing? When the last we heard/read a teammate going to bat for him.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
But there are also the two SF play-off losses, where he had three (or 4) drives at the end of the game to win/tie the scores.
It seems the issue of anxiety when there's no alternative and he has no margin for error.
It's called choking, unable to handle pressure. Great players use pressure as an opportunity......they are dying for a chance to make a play. Failure doesn't scare them

visionary

Reaction score
This why to me the solution is to either move on from Dak or have a run game that is so good that you can take the ball out of his hands in critical situations when he has the yips

Here is my plan

Get new power OL coach
Resign Smith OT
Sign Henry in FA

Rd 1: OT
Rd 2: C
Rd 3: Brealon Allen

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Has there been a single player in that locker room that has come forward to defend Dak through all of this? Any of his linemen? WRs? TE? Lost the locker room a bit? Nobody on the team is defending this clown because they are done with him.
The name-calling is childish but I agree some teammates are probably disappointed

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This why to me the solution is to either move on from Dak or have a run game that is so good that you can take the ball out of his hands in critical situations when he has the yips

Here is my plan

Get new power OL coach
Resign Smith OT
Sign Henry in FA

Rd 1: OT
Rd 2: C
Rd 3: Brealon Allen
This is very reasonable V, but what about the D?

visionary

Reaction score
This is very reasonable V, but what about the D?
Yep
Gotta build a stout D but that will br this way

An aggressive DC from Ravens

Resign Hankins, Armstrong, Lewis

Buy in from Parsons to play rush LB not DE

FA
DT Wilkins or Reader
MLB Luvu or Wagner

Draft
Rd 4: LB

Both offense and defense can be done if this idiot FO has a real plan

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...y-jones-dak-prescott-has-room-for-improvement

“The big thing is, we all know there is room for improvement,” Jones said. “The thing that I would emphasize more than anything is that Dak has room for improvement. And not just the scheme around him, but Dak can improve. That’s a big plus, when you’ve been playing the game seven years and you, by assessment, have some room to get better in. He did this year, I expect him to do it next year and the next year.”
More of the same crap. Jones should be planning his retirement and family trips all around the world, not blathering on about football stuff. He should have stepped down as GM some 28 years ago and hired someone competent.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Thanks, Jerry. I think I too can improve on my hate and ridicule much better. It's only been 8 years, it's not like the time you keep that idiot garrett for ten years. Let's do this jerry, I'm working overtime on my hate.

Xeven

Reaction score
Dak need to wake up on game day and scrimmage for two hours before game.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Sorry, Dak needs too much to help his needs to afford anything on improving the D.
This is the whole Dak issue,....elite money on a QB that needs an elite Offense around him.
I think this is one of Jerry's changing is tune a bit. If he wants to be paid the highest QB.......he's not the difference maker to warrant that kind of salary at this time.

Cmac

Reaction score
Dear Jerry......we've been waiting for your improvements too......for a long time. You're slingin' the QB under the bus with you now.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...y-jones-dak-prescott-has-room-for-improvement

“The big thing is, we all know there is room for improvement,” Jones said. “The thing that I would emphasize more than anything is that Dak has room for improvement. And not just the scheme around him, but Dak can improve. That’s a big plus, when you’ve been playing the game seven years and you, by assessment, have some room to get better in. He did this year, I expect him to do it next year and the next year.”
The football genius has spoken. And has said very little of importance for the umpteenth time.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Now you’re just making up stuff.

Dak has more than enough issues you can discuss. His work ethic isn’t one of them.

He isn’t clutch, he freezes in big moments, his footwork goes out the window when he isn’t doing well and his panics, he’s just not very good, but his work ethic has never been in question. Using someone not in the facility and who is angry as your reasoning is kinda disingenuous on your part.

Imagine if we took Dez Bryant’s mom’s side when he apparently assaulted her? Only to come to find out he hit her with his baseball cap because he was tired of feeding her crack habit?
Just because he built a field in his yard to take pictures on doesn’t mean he has good work ethic.

But I do believe “work ethic” is lower down than things like talent, skill, mental skills, and unathletic ability on the “Reasons Dak Sucks” list.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This comment by Jones is all about money. It is contract talk time with Prescott and his agent. Jerry is trying to work the angles for $$$ leverage. Other years when no talks were underway he would not make critical comments on Dak. It would be all praise. ALWAYS remember Jerry Jones is not a good talent evaluator of players or coaches. Therefore he is a poor GM.
Nope, he is just making a Jerry statement to the fans and media, softening the blow if you will, when he extends Dak.