Jerry Jones, Dez will not sit, needs lots of work and Reps,1053thefan

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Jerry also said besides the hairline fracture Romo had, that Dez will not sit, he needs lots of work and reps due to all time he missed holding out and time injured repeatedly. Cowboys will play Cassell and work him for the future for next year.

rynochop

Reaction score
With as competitive and emotional as Dez is, kinda concerned with how he.ll deal with what's a basically lost year

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
It all started cause he held out. Jerry has proved he will pay money and Dez set it all back. What he needed to do was go about his business and come in to work, he would have got his money. Feel for some reason it was bad karma

knightrider94

Reaction score
It all started cause he held out. Jerry has proved he will pay money and Dez set it all back. What he needed to do was go about his business and come in to work, he would have got his money. Feel for some reason it was bad karma

I hear what you are saying but that first offer was ridiculous on the guaranteed money side. The Joneses are equally responsible for this issue. They messed up ALOT this off season.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I hear what you are saying but that first offer was ridiculous on the guaranteed money side. The Joneses are equally responsible for this issue. They messed up ALOT this off season.

I can't blame the front office for Dez holding out. That falls on Dez. I'm a huge Dez supporter but holding out was a terrible and selfish thing to do when we have a chance at something special. Mincey wanted more money and others wanted more.

Sorry Dez should have came to work like Thomas and Julio. Jerry has proven he pays his guys no reason for hold outs period

knightrider94

Reaction score
Yeah. I really wish Jerry would shut up and let the coach be the one to speak in these situations. This is why quality people won't work for him (forget about Sean Payton ever coming back to Dallas. Not gonna happen.)

Sad and true all at the same time.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
I hope we carry 3 QB's next year. Romo, Cassel, and draftee.

I like Cassell , he plays to win. He is a very GOOD backup to have. He wasn't the problem when we didn't win any games in that span.

In Cassell's 4 starts, the team had 2 4th quarter leads (Seattle & Tampa) and lead at halftime (Giants). They were basically tied with Philly the whole game. They were NEVER out of any game. But, his INT's or lack of defensive stops at key moments killed them. Had he been here since TC, he would've been better.

knightrider94

Reaction score
I can't blame the front office for Dez holding out. That falls on Dez. I'm a huge Dez supporter but holding out was a terrible and selfish thing to do when we have a chance at something special. Mincey wanted more money and others wanted more.

Sorry Dez should have came to work like Thomas and Julio. Jerry has proven he pays his guys no reason for hold outs period

Sorry, I disagree. There was no hold out. Julio was under contract. Dez was not. Julio had the luxury to sit back and wait for Dez's contract to work out and then sign something slightly higher. The Joneses had over a year to get this done and were playing dirty pool with Dez. Dez even showed up to a few early practices but no deal. If Dez would have been injured, bye bye big contract.

And, let's not pretend that they haven't low balled in the past.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score

Should have franchised Dez with the intent of doing so again and letting him walk after Romo's window closed. He has little value without a Romo as QB.

knightrider94

Reaction score
Should have franchised Dez with the intent of doing so again and letting him walk after Romo's window closed. He has little value without a Romo as QB.

I don't know about the no value part, but I would have appreciated that more straight forward approach instead of what happened.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I don't know about the no value part, but I would have appreciated that more straight forward approach instead of what happened.

You're right, that was too much hyperbole, but stated more reasonably the point is without Romo he will likely fall short of the value accorded him by the contract.

knightrider94

Reaction score
You're right, that was too much hyperbole, but stated more reasonably the point is without Romo he will likely fall short of the value accorded him by the contract.

What WR is accorded those huge contracts without good to great QB play? Honestly, I would love to see Dez in another offense because we don't use him correctly. We are like Buffalo when it comes to WR play. He could thrive in some place like NE. He ran a slant yesterday and we didn't see another for the rest of the game.