Jerry Jones Discusses Contracts and the Salary Cap

khiladi

Reaction score

Interpreting this, he sounds like said he paid a couple of contracts too early, meaning rewarded them for play they didn’t earn. This is stated at 1:59 and this is in the context of a question related specifically about Dak, so in a round-about way, I think he’s specifically referring to him and his extension.

That being said, the more I hear this man talk, the more I hate him.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
What he says bothers me none. I'm happy, I'm in here homering on anything he says or about how great our team is. I'm like a crackhead looking for his next fix. I love the Cowboys unconditionally. You haters piss me off :D

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Interpreting this, he sounds like said he paid a couple of contracts too early, meaning rewarded them for play they didn’t earn. This is stated at 1:59 and this is in the context of a question related specifically about Dak, so in a round-about way, I think he’s specifically referring to him and his extension.

After 30+ years, Jerry is FINALLY taking a step back and demanding to see more from his players before he commits to giving them BIG contracts. Gotta love it!

I'm proud to see Jerry finally taking this approach.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Maybe Steele and Gallup?

Aven8

Reaction score
All three will be resigned for more than they could have been this offseason. Brilliant move…..

Sydla

Reaction score

But Lamb and Parsons aren’t someone like. Crawford who they paid too early.

All these idiots are doing is costing themselves money/cap space by waiting as other contracts for elite and great players get signed.

We really are screwed as a fanbase.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Dak's situation is more about giving a discount. The playoffs INTs have already been explained who's truly to blame. It's up to Jerry and this coaching staff to listen and fix it.
And if he doesn't? You gonna call him a sucka?

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
"waiting for more leaves to fall". one of them is how Lance performs in preseason.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
"waiting for more leaves to fall". one of them is how Lance performs in preseason.
Lance sucks. Terrible trade pick up. Wasted much needed draft pick. Jerry is horrible at it, and it's costing us badly right now.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I agree.

But will he cave?
Dak needs to give a discount. Jerry fully supported Dak during the first big contract 3 years ago. Dak needs to remember and return the favor if he truly wants to remain a Cowboy the next 4-5 years.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This is idiotic thinking on guys like Lamb, however.
On CeeDee, agreed, except for the tantrum he pulled off early in the most important game of the season (playoff game vs Packers) and allowed himself to get bullied and punked by the opposing DBs.

John813

Reaction score
I actually agree to an extent with the duo with Janes question.

Back in 2015 Bryant and Thomas were both in that same cat and mouse with their respective front offices.
Once the first one signed, then the 2nd was quickly after.

It's clear that Jefferson and Lamb are trying to reset the market. Neither agent wants to go in too quickly, especially since pads don't come on till July and there's time for the front office to blink.

This isn't Madden to the extent where it's the offseason and you can offer an extension and then simulate to the next week to see if it was accepted or not. France may be dragging it out for the sake of dragging it out. Clearly, the front office isn't chasing/being aggressive in trying to secure a deal but to me it doesn't seem like the agents want to get their client re-signed asap and the Jones duo is not answering the phone.

Sydla

Reaction score
On CeeDee, agreed, except for the tantrum he pulled off early in the most important game of the season (playoff game vs Packers) and allowed himself to get bullied and punked by the opposing DBs.
LOL.

They are only costing themselves money and cap space waiting on some of these guys. Lamb being one, for sure. He's an elite, Top 10 WR in this league. Making him "prove" it is so idiotic that is makes perfect sense the Cowboys would do this.

If you were a fan of re-signing Dak a few years ago, then that was an example of also waiting too long. Cost them money and cap space.

If not for the fact they draft at an above average level, this franchise would basically be the Browns.