News: Jerry Jones douses Dallas mayor’s desire for a 2nd NFL team

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Cowboys are what, a billion dollar franchise? There is really no need for a second team. I can only see a negative to this.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I think this mayor has a ton of knowledge and he's knows what he has and it ain't a SB winning team, this is why he trying to double his odds.

You can be a SB winning team in recent years and still not bring in the type of profit the Cowboys do. History and fan loyalty mean a ton here.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Local competition might be the only thing to get Jerry to act serious about winning a Super Bowl. He doesn't like that idea.

which owner would? Jerry is a bad man because he is not in favor of an expansion team in Dallas? lol Then of course you have 31 other owners who get a say and with other cities looking to get an NFL team in what universe would adding a 2nd team to Dallas make any sense?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's just how efficient I am at communicating. If you find it insulting then you grasp its profound truth. :muttley:
Your support of the most hated sports personality in Dallas metroplex is noted. As well as intent for personal insult.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
which owner would? Jerry is a bad man because he is not in favor of an expansion team in Dallas? lol Then of course you have 31 other owners who get a say and with other cities looking to get an NFL team in what universe would adding a 2nd team to Dallas make any sense?
It would probably make more sense to a current team looking to bolt from their venue . Like for a new stadium which is usually the reason why teams move now. And it wouldn’t have to be Dallas. It could be in one of the affluent metro suburbs. Possibly even called North Texas for example instead of Dallas.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If the Yankees can share New York, The Cowboys can share Dallas. I welcome it because it would put pressure on this mediocre franchise of the last 30 years put out out a real product
It doesn’t have to be in Dallas. It could be in Ft Worth or one of many affluent suburbs.

The Cowboys aren’t even in Dallas anymore. The new team or team moving from another venue wouldn’t have to carry the Dallas name.

The bigger argument is this metro area has amazingly become not only big enough but financially able to support another team based on projected population growth. It’s really a subject not many including myself ever imagined.

The population and financial boom with migration from other states for business, jobs and opportunities makes this possible.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Fortunately Jethro doesn’t have the last word. And new expansion franchises or even an existing one relocating only requires 75% approval of NFL owners.
true. but tv market analytics and economic impact research usually do. No way the NFL moves a third team into Texas after the mess the Rams made in STL. Some city like San Antonio will not pay for an albatross of a stadium only for it become vacant in 10-12 years and basically be comes the designated monster truck venue.

conner01

Reaction score
Fortunately Jethro doesn’t have the last word. And new expansion franchises or even an existing one relocating only requires 75% approval of NFL owners.
I doubt there is 75% of the teams wanting another Texas team. They like making money and Jerry knows how to make money better than any owner. He may sux as a GM but when it comes to the business side he is unmatched. If the league wants expansion they should put Jerry in charge of it. That also has a side benefit of keeping him busy and away from Dallas more lol

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It would probably make more sense to a current team looking to bolt from their venue . Like for a new stadium which is usually the reason why teams move now. And it wouldn’t have to be Dallas. It could be in one of the affluent metro suburbs. Possibly even called North Texas for example instead of Dallas.

Come on you know and I know there will not be a NFL team in Dallas Fort worth. There are a lot of cities through out the US who would be in line for an expansion team and even if Jerry agreed it still takes majority of owners to approve it.

conner01

Reaction score
If there was expansion in Texas it would likely be in San Antonio or Austin
I think the league is priming for expansion outside the US more than in the US

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Come on you know and I know there will not be a NFL team in Dallas Fort worth. There are a lot of cities through out the US who would be in line for an expansion team and even if Jerry agreed it still takes majority of owners to approve it.
Ultimately these franchise moves comes down to who would build a new stadium for them.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If there was expansion in Texas it would likely be in San Antonio or Austin
I think the league is priming for expansion outside the US more than in the US
I agree with expansion.But there’s always the possibility a current team could be looking for a new venue if they wanted a new stadium . Which is usually the reason they move.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I doubt there is 75% of the teams wanting another Texas team. They like making money and Jerry knows how to make money better than any owner. He may sux as a GM but when it comes to the business side he is unmatched. If the league wants expansion they should put Jerry in charge of it. That also has a side benefit of keeping him busy and away from Dallas more lol
The Dallas metro area is not expected to reach the 3rd largest until the 2030’s. By then Jethro should be six feet under.

The mayor wasn’t speaking about a current movement but one in the future. It’s difficult to predict what the landscape in the NFL will look like in the coming decades.

But as the Metroplex continues it’s record growth along with Texas as millions are migrating here I definitely could see multiple franchises in our state.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Maybe so, but again Dallas fort worth area is not getting an expansion team.
Expansion team isn’t the only way to receive a new team. And who knows what the future holds in decades to come.

Our record pace in population boom in Texas certainly provides a greater opportunity moving forward.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Expansion team isn’t the only way to receive a new team. And who knows what the future holds in decades to come.

Our record pace in population boom in Texas certainly provides a greater opportunity moving forward.

Same here in Houston and I don't expect another team in Houston area

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Same here in Houston and I don't expect another team in Houston area
I don’t think any of us ever expected or had vision of another or multiple teams . The mayors proposal certainly caught me by surprise . I knew this area and the state were growing at a record pace but OMG, only NY and LA bigger. Not where I want to live.

If this continues in coming years and decades as millions migrate to Texas for business, jobs and opportunities it’s going to influence many factors in our state financially and culturally.

I’m not in favor of our record pace in growth. Our infrastructure under current leadership and tax base isn’t sustainable. We’re near the bottom in public schools, healthcare and our water supply and electric grid is being compromised with growth .

conner01

Reaction score
The Dallas metro area is not expected to reach the 3rd largest until the 2030’s. By then Jethro should be six feet under.

The mayor wasn’t speaking about a current movement but one in the future. It’s difficult to predict what the landscape in the NFL will look like in the coming decades.

But as the Metroplex continues it’s record growth along with Texas as millions are migrating here I definitely could see multiple franchises in our state.
I think the nfl goes out of the country in a few years
In Texas I think Sam Antonio or Austin would be more likely markets

conner01

Reaction score
I agree with expansion.But there’s always the possibility a current team could be looking for a new venue if they wanted a new stadium . Which is usually the reason they move.
I think that’s more likely than expansion but I don’t think the Dallas area would be where a team would want to go. I think there are other untapped markets that would be easier to build a fan base

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think the nfl goes out of the country in a few years
In Texas I think Sam Antonio or Austin would be more likely markets
Could be. I’m not really thinking expansion. Regardless, it’s difficult to predict what transpires and how it develops in coming decades.

I’m still trying to wrap my head around the fact this area is going to become similar size as NY and LA.
Booooooooooo

I’m not in favor of where Texas is heading.