News: Jerry Jones douses Dallas mayor’s desire for a 2nd NFL team

Cowfan75

Reaction score
which owner would? Jerry is a bad man because he is not in favor of an expansion team in Dallas? lol Then of course you have 31 other owners who get a say and with other cities looking to get an NFL team in what universe would adding a 2nd team to Dallas make any sense?

Did I say it made sense? I said it would be the only thing to make Jerry actually try to win another Super Bowl.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Did I say it made sense? I said it would be the only thing to make Jerry actually try to win another Super Bowl.

I think he is trying now, it may not be how you think it should but I have no doubt that is what he is trying to get done

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
No owner in sports would say diferent if asked, until Franchises are non profit organizations this should be the expected response.

conner01

Reaction score
Could be. I’m not really thinking expansion. Regardless, it’s difficult to predict what transpires and how it develops in coming decades.

I’m still trying to wrap my head around the fact this area is going to become similar size as NY and LA.
Booooooooooo

I’m not in favor of where Texas is heading.
I’m originally from Lufkin. It has changed so much I hardly recognize it. The Dallas area has just exploded as well as Houston. Growth can be good economically
But not so much in lifestyle. The traffic is crazy and too much growth out grows resources. But it’s inevitable that cities keep growing because that’s where people, especially young people want to be

conner01

Reaction score
I think he is trying now, it may not be how you think it should but I have no doubt that is what he is trying to get done
I don’t doubt Jerry wants to win. Those that say he just cares about money don’t realize he makes more money winning. He really wants to win, but wanting to win and having the right plan are not the same thing. he wants it but doesn’t know how to get it

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don’t doubt Jerry wants to win. Those that say he just cares about money don’t realize he makes more money winning. He really wants to win, but wanting to win and having the right plan are not the same thing. he wants it but doesn’t know how to get it

I think that is a fair assessment.

blueblood70

Reaction score
LOL, i would pay to see the look on Jones' face if Cuban ever decided to form an expansion team in actual Dallas. I would say the majority of NFL owners, as well as the commissioner, despise Jerry enough and would be open to that plan. I think enough fans in the metroplex have seen for themselves this past 26 years and would be fed up and curious enough to give the new team a look. But they would have to come in guns blazing, top notch with legit coaches. No cheap stuff. Show fans they are here for the long haul. In other words, out Jones the Joneses.
really since when has Cuban even doner that with the Mavs..he dismantled the last NBA championship in 3 weeks after the parade and many weren't onto have good careers, he said they would be too old to pay,,hmm id say he went cheap..that was in 2011 and they took that long to get back to even a WCF..

how many championships has Cuban won?? need help with the math , ONE..... Jerry had 3 in his first 8 years in the league id say that coming ion hot and fast but after that then what. Its not as easy as you think the league cant just have pone expansion team typically they do 2 at time to even out the conferences and that does Not get approved nor built quickly..

let this sink in, the rangers, mavs, and stars only have 3 championships between them. Jerry has 3 and who know might get another soon..Cowboys will always be king of DFW and nearly all of TEXAS.

when you all wake up from your drooled filled pipe dream, stick to relatiy.,this wont be happening for quite while..IF EVER if it does, im guessing Austin or San Antonio gets first dibs...

show me where the NFL is even considering This? show me the expansion plans in the works?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Ratings pull these levers, LA not having a team made the "Tube" execs pissed which is why even after many failures they still force teams back into LA, there is no ratings problem in Dallas when it comes to the NFL, "A choice" would not bring the metroplex up in ratings....that is what drives exspansion/slash moves.

conner01

Reaction score
Ratings pull these levers, LA not having a team made the "Tube" execs pissed which is why even after many failures they still force teams back into LA, there is no ratings problem in Dallas when it comes to the NFL, "A choice" would not bring the metroplex up in ratings....that is what drives exspansion/slash moves.
Follow the money
The nfl’s largest source of revenue is broadcast rights
It’s not rocket science and there won’t be another team in the DFW region. There could be in San Antonio or austin but there are huge markets in other states that would be an option to move a team, and a better chance at building local revenue which goes to the team and is not shared.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Follow the money
The nfl’s largest source of revenue is broadcast rights
It’s not rocket science and there won’t be another team in the DFW region. There could be in San Antonio or austin but there are huge markets in other states that would be an option to move a team, and a better chance at building local revenue which goes to the team and is not shared.

Spot on

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't support Mark Cuban!
Apparently you are out of touch with the local vibe in Dallas metroplex area when it comes to our owner.

Or do you just defend anything associated with the Cowboys, even the one person who is most responsible for preventing our franchise from more success this era while embarrassingly representing our city’s iconic brand .

I’ve heard of fans who support him but I haven’t met one in over 25 years .

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Apparently you are out of touch with the local vibe in Dallas metroplex area when it comes to our owner.

Or do you just defend anything associated with the Cowboys, even the one person who is most responsible for preventing our franchise from more success this era while embarrassingly representing our city’s iconic brand .

I’ve heard of fans who support him but I haven’t met one in over 25 years .
You have your opinion and I have mine but at least I don't go around passing mine as factual as you do. That's right your opinion is only just that... one man's opinion. :muttley:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You have your opinion and I have mine but at least I don't go around passing mine as factual as you do. That's right your opinion is only just that... one man's opinion. :muttley:
Sorry to break it to you but it’s actually true that our beloved franchise is owned by the most hated sports personality in Dallas.

@CowboyRoy - another Jethro supporter

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Sorry to break it to you but it’s actually true that our beloved franchise is owned by the most hated sports personality in Dallas.

@CowboyRoy - another Jethro supporter
No that's your opinion but thanks for confirming how hellbent you are on thinking it's true. Keep peddling lies though, it doesn't matter. :muttley:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No that's your opinion but thanks for confirming how hellbent you are on thinking it's true. Keep peddling lies though, it doesn't matter. :muttley:
It’s not just my opinion, I’m echoing the consensus of our local papers and media which has continually broadcast this assertion. Let me guess they are all wrong too and only you are right .

Mr_437

Reaction score
The way things are going for Jerry this year, so far, there should an announcement of a 2nd team in Dallas before the NFL season is done.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It’s not just my opinion, I’m echoing the consensus of our local papers and media which has continually broadcast this assertion. Let me guess they are all wrong too and only you are right .
You are the only one here insisting you are speaking with the pulse of the people. How special that must make you feel to be so full of yourself. You're full of something alright. :muttley: