Jerry Jones Dropping idea of a Lawsuit

links18

Reaction score
the ignorance in this thread is immense. So many here have no clue at all how things are done when you are talking major corporations and billionaires and so on. its all tactical maneuvering; move and counter move.

Jerry Move: "I am so pissed off you suspended my cash cow, I am going to hold up Goodell's extension."
Goodell Move: "Yeah, good luck with that. All 32 owners, including your dense arse, voted to give the compensation committee authority to negotiate my next contract."
Jerry Move: "I'll sue all y'all."
Compensation Committee Owners Move:" "Pipe down Jerry or we'll take away your team."
Jerry Move: "Go head and try that."
Owners: "We'll just sanction you with lost draft picks, etc. if you don't stop your campaign."
Goodell: " There is some dirt out there on you Jerry, we could always leak. We could always insinuate you are a racist."
Jerry: "I won't file a lawsuit."
End Result: Goodell extended at close to his asking price to deal with the 2020 CBA negotiations, Zeke serves six games, Cowboys 2017 season destroyed, Garrett gets built in excuse, no major changes in offseason, Cowboys fans continue to suffer.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
he realized, or was advised, very quickly, and correctly, that he wasn't going to win this fight.

Considering the fallout that definitely would have occurred if Jerry had opted to sue the league, I think he made the right decision.

It surely wouldn't have served his cause nor that of the C-boys if the owners decided to disallow Dallas' 1st+2nd round draft picks.

Jerry has often been prone to making rash decisions and strutting his stuff by sounding off with huff in a highly boisterous manner.

Last edited:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Considering the fallout that definitely would have occurred if Jerry had opted to sue the league, I think he made the right decision.

It surely wouldn't have served his cause nor that of the C-boys if the owners decided to disallow Dallas' 1st+2nd round draft picks.

Jerry has often been prone to making rash decisions and strutting his stuff by sounding off with huff in a highly boisterous manner.

Definitely the right choice.

Made only because he realized, or again was advised, that he didn't have the backing of enough of the owners, like he likely thought he would, to pull this move.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Definitely the right choice.

Made only because he realized, or again was advised, that he didn't have the backing of enough of the owners, like he likely thought he would, to pull this move.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if not only the owners but his lawyer, Stephen and several others on the staff joined with the owners in advising him against it. Without sufficient backing, Jerry's suing the league would have only blown up in his face and been a horrible embarrassment. Even more, as such, to include the possible loss of draft picks. The fallout could well have proven costly for many years. Decisions made in anger, more often than not, come back to haunt the one making them. I can't help but wonder if he might have made that one "on the juice." ;)

Last edited:

aria

Reaction score
It is about Zeke and it isn’t. Goodell lied to Jerry about the Zeke suspension for his own advantage (compensation committee) and I think that angered him more than anything. Think about it. Goodell felt comfortable enough to lie to Jerry, someone who had supported him for his entire tenure, and he knew he would get away with it. Billionaires lie, but don’t like being lied to.

The NFL has created a monster in that man.
I agree but I don't like nor trust either Jerry or Goodell. The sooner both of them take a dirt nap the better for the NFL and the Cowboys.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Does this mean he's no longer challenging Goodell's new contract? And Zeke gave up on his suit. Looks like Jerry is losing on every level - Zeke drops his suit, Jerry drops his, Cowboys get blown out twice in a row, Goodell is about to get a new deal, and the Eagles are plowing through the entire league.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Jerry has been "dealt with."
figure_surrender_flag_anim_md_wm.gif

diefree666

Reaction score
Does this mean he's no longer challenging Goodell's new contract? And Zeke gave up on his suit. Looks like Jerry is losing on every level - Zeke drops his suit, Jerry drops his, Cowboys get blown out twice in a row, Goodell is about to get a new deal, and the Eagles are plowing through the entire league.

don't believe anything the NFL and their shills on ESPN say. Treat it all with a grain of salt. Goodell MIGHT have the backing of maybe ten owners at best; I think maybe only 6-7. At least that is what seems to be what you can find if you look elsewhere than ESPN

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You guys are crazy if you think Jerry's going to roll over now. He lost the fight. He'll play ball, but he's not a guy to forgive and forget. He's going to get a pound of flesh somewhere along the line.

haleyrules

Reaction score
You guys are crazy if you think Jerry's going to roll over now. He lost the fight. He'll play ball, but he's not a guy to forgive and forget. He's going to get a pound of flesh somewhere along the line.
He will sure try its possible that Jerry is outnumbered.

Pants

Reaction score
I just wish the jones family would MOVE ON from all of the nonsense, and then move on from Garrett and the vast majority of his coaches...then I would be a happy pants

aria

Reaction score
You know what makes this entire thread tolerable? Catching up on it while watching A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.