Jerry Jones Has Ruined Jason Garrett in 2019

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Own & GM the team. The public display to the media doesn't help the team and definitely do not help the coaches specifically JG.

JG was one of the best young minds sought after by many many teams before OC of the Cowboys. Played under some great coaching minds and coached under living legends. Thats one of the reasons that JG was always able to rally teams mid season and why players never seemed to quit on him. Some how some way JJ has stripped Jason of all of that experience and literally made JG a shell of himself this year.

This is the same coach that took a rookie QB to a 13-3 record after losing his MVP caliber QB a couple of weeks before the season started. This is the same coach that dealt with a looming and then eventual 6 game suspension of the teams best player and still had a winning season. This the same coach that started a season 3-5 and led a team to a playoff birth and a victory over a well coached team and a MVP level QB.

What happened Thanksgiving 2019 is we saw JG get outside of himself....he didn't have confidence....he made coaching decisions that didn't make sense even when they worked. Jerry did this by making a circus after a 4 point lost to the greatest coach that ever lived. For the first time you could clearly tell that it affected JG; it is not an assumption it was obvious. So obvious that the players, the leaders on the team had to see it as well. Other GMs saw it to and while other teams may not have a Jerry Jones they have a media. If JG doesn't shock the world and turn this season around he may never be a head coach in the NFL again and he can thank Jerry for that.
I’d agree with much of this but I think he will land somewhere else in the NFL. Already rumors.

He’s had more success than most would expect in this toxic environment that doesn’t set up Coaches for success.

We’ve had much more experienced and proven HC and asst coaches get swallowed up in this toxic environment including one of the best DC in this era and HOF HC in last era.

Garrett was my last hope for one of Jerry’s puppets to get over the top. He supported and shoveled Jerry crap all the way and was still pooped on and under appreciated . Screw Jerry and the Hog he rode in on. I wish Garrett much success in his next stint.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If this fan forum truly represents the Dallas Cowboys fan base then I need to reassess my time here.

But I don’t believe it is a true representation. Not with the Cowboy fans I’m surrounded by. And there is a few who still interest and align with much of my thoughts. Probably more who dont want to be heard from. Many don’t want to take on these social media bully’s. So I’ll continue because I enjoy taking them on. Someone has to wade thru the mine fields.

We are all frustrated and understand sometimes a change is needed but the treatment of Garrett is childish and unprofessional which probably better represents the base of this anonymous forum and tone of the Internet.

I’m beginning to think this fan base deserves Jerry.

Last edited:

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
If this fan forum truly represents the Dallas Cowboys fan base then I need to reassess my time here.

But I don’t believe it is a true representation. Not with the Cowboy fans I’m surrounded by. And there is a few who still interest and align with much of my thoughts. Many don’t want to take on these social media bully’s. So I’ll continue because I enjoy taking them on. Someone has to.

We are all frustrated and understand sometimes a change is needed but the treatment of Garrett is childish and unprofessional which probably better represents the base of this anonymous forum and tone of the Internet.

I can't speak for the fanbase, but can say but Garrett deserves better than this! Hes given us 10 years so why cant we give him something in return and let him leave with dignity. If Garrett gets fired before season ends screw the cowboys

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I can't speak for the fanbase, but can say but Garrett deserves better than this! Hes given us 10 years so why cant we give him something in return and let him leave with dignity. If Garrett gets fired before season ends screw the cowboys
I wouldn’t say screw the Cowboys but rather screw Jerry. In my mind coming from the old regime I still try to separate the Cowboys I love from Jerry.

Like I added to my above post. I’m beginning to believe some of our fan base deserves Jerry.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
When JG first became our coach i was all on board. I Thought he was young smart and able to handle the crap JJ would bring. I really liked his 1st 3 seasons because i thought they were building the team the right way, when 2014 happenned and i thought he had finally turned the corner as a coach. I did give him a mulligan for 2015 after the loss of Romo and he did well in 2016 with a rookie QB even though to this day i believe he should have gone back to Romo when he was healthy enough to play. But from 2017 on i have seen enough, JG should have been gone after the 2017 season, 6 full seasons is enough time for any coach to build their team and have playoff success and make a run for the SB, JG has had 9 seasons and with him as our coach it's just not going to happen, the team has had plenty of talent for the last 3-4 seasons and we just keep underachieving when it counts the most. Jason Garrett you had your chance you can't ever say you weren't given the opportunity or time to get it done, now it's time for the Cowboys to move on from you. I wish you well

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I don't want him fired before the season is over because I don't want anyone from this staff being the long term coach. As for Garrett he has given me nothing but grief, He hasn't given the fans any dignity. Jerry doesn't owe him anything either. Made him HC when he wasn't qualified and let him play Captain Cowboy for a deacde. Garrett can go take a hike. I don't think I've had less respect for a Dallas Cowboy Head Coach.

kskboys

Reaction score

But I don’t believe it is a true representation. Not with the Cowboy fans I’m surrounded by. And there is a few who still interest and align with much of my thoughts. Probably more who dont want to be heard from. Many don’t want to take on these social media bully’s. So I’ll continue because I enjoy taking them on. Someone has to wade thru the mine fields.

I’m beginning to think this fan base deserves Jerry.
Yup. Much childishness here. I always put it down to any internet gathering place is going to attract that type.