Jerry Jones: I wouldn't trade Dak Prescott for two 1st-rd picks

Romotil45

Reaction score
Say nothing, how hard is that?

Jerrah enjoys being the face of the Cowboys. He enjoys the media attention. Jerrah bless his heart enjoys to talk Cowboys. So be it. Im not sure Jerrah actually expects anyone to take him seriously anyway. Let the guy have his fun.

Reactions: CWR

stinkface

Reaction score
What the really means is he would trade him for a number 1 pick, hence there's no reason to ask for two number 1s.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Like Dak doesn't have enough criticism, Jerry has to go and say something like this.

But it gets people talking about the Cowboys, which is all he cares about.

star-ving

Reaction score
Old senile crusty Jerry...he can never be wrong or admit mistake.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry is certainly entitled to his "druthers," although I strongly suspect he's simply "full of it." Did he seriously say he wouldn't trade Dak for two, count 'em, (2) first round picks? That's what I could only imagine to be an impressive stretch of his extremely creative imagination. I'm not sure if that's simply a fan's convaluted viewpoint or one supremely devoted to selling a somewhat limited product. In any case, I suspect it's the latter and nothing but that.

God help us. I strontly suspect JJ's in relentless denial of reality to sell an (until proven otherwise) limited product. He wouldn't trade two first round draft picks for Dak Prescottt -- really? -- smh. If nothing else, perhaps he desperately needs to lay off the Johnny Walker Blue Label PDQ. It's apparently rotting his make believe 40-y.o. brain into Jello. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
'Deer Jones Chilren,

Pleez take this fivety dolars I made frum mowing lawns last summer and bye the biggist butterfly net it will pay for. I put my uncles biznis card in this letter cuz he is a now lawyer frum taking thoes niteskool class and getting 'passed at a bar?'... Anyways, I noe you will do the right thing by us fans. By the by, my uncle sed something about non campus mentis and that you would noe wut it mint.

Your trooly,

Little Timmy Wantstowinachampionshipinhislifetime

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Say nothing, how hard is that?
What was the setting? Was he asked a question? If so, dodging it is just as demoralizing to Dak and the team as saying he's happy to trade him.

People are overselling this, if Jerry indicated he'd trade Dak it'd be the headline of every sports rag and on every segment of ESPN and NFL Network.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What was the setting? Was he asked a question? If so, dodging it is just as demoralizing to Dak and the team as saying he's happy to trade him.

People are overselling this, if Jerry indicated he'd trade Dak it'd be the headline of every sports rag and on every segment of ESPN and NFL Network.
The setting doesn’t matter. Can anyone think of a setting where Jerry ever says anything that helps this team? Jerry keeping his mouth shut should be a permanent policy for this team.

zerofill

Reaction score
This isn't surprising at all... Like I said before... Dak does well with endorsements. Those commercials, shine lights on the Cowboys. That is all that really matters to Jerry in the end.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Doesn't he know he can trade those picks for 2 former first round WRs then sign them long term to insane contracts?

Number1

Reaction score
I'm keep track of some of these comments for my O told you so thread coming in January

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know Jerry is just trying to keep the kid's confidence up and show support, but he's just making it too obvious now. Or, maybe he thinks he's actually driving the price up? Negotiation is not his strong suit.

One thing Jerry is not is Stupid esp when it comes to making money and negotiations! His Achilles heel is lack of football knowledge and experience as he's simply to close to the product and emotions get in the way. Jerry is saying what he has to say at this point to keep Dak's confidence up which is the right thing to do. But personally I firmly believe that Jerry would give the world to get 1 more Superbowl and don't be surprised come the off-season that he doesn't make a move at QB if Dak can't get his act together as Jerrys time is running out and no one defeats Nature...... not even Jerry.....