Jerry Jones just said he is all in on just getting 3 players instead of 1 top player

CowboyChris

Reaction score
The problem is he doesn’t go middle tier. He could literally go Gus Edwards, Grover Stewart and Willie Gay Jr. Boom. 3 positions with major upgrades at RB, DT, LB. Leaving your holes into the draft as Center

The problem is he wants 3 guys like Anthony Barr, Neville Gallimore etc and thinks it’s upgrading
they like guys who will sign for a cheeseburger and fries as a signing bonus

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Start watching at about 6:30 seconds Jerry said say a top impact free agent is available but you could get 3 players for the price of 1 in free agency, Jerry is all in on.getting 3 cheaper players than one super star impact player, SO NOTHING HAS CHANGED

LETS GO DUMPSTER DIVING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WAHOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
jim-jones-ill-drink-to-that.gif

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
"All in" "3 guys" he will probably gives CD a contract extension, along with Dak. Then be like "We got 2 right there." Yet we still don't win anything. Don't be fooled that he will get 3 studs in FA.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Start watching at about 6:30 seconds Jerry said say a top impact free agent is available but you could get 3 players for the price of 1 in free agency, Jerry is all in on.getting 3 cheaper players than one super star impact player, SO NOTHING HAS CHANGED

It's like Wal-Mart and Macy's. I can get 3 t-shirts (M-Large; M is for muscular) at Walmart for what I can buy 1 Calvin Klein shirt at Macy's.
Excuse the analogy but tha is the best one that come to me fertile mind.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
ALL-IN.................. :muttley:
Every coach is on a 1-year deal.:muttley:

3 for the price of 1.......Jerry running discounts.:muttley:

We need to extend our QB cause we need Cap to go all-in.:muttley:

Kool-Aid anyone???????????????
Raspberry and Grape!

Deionindahood

Reaction score
I'm a homer, I don't have an issue with saying that. I like kool aid...pretty good with some Grey Goose. Much better than crying, moping and hating on my favorite team day in and day out. Your boat may have a whole in it...you should jump ship, I'm sure that will fix everything!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
So being a Homer is the right way to be a fan? Interesting...
I don't cry or mop.
I'm a homer, I don't have an issue with saying that. I like kool aid...pretty good with some Grey Goose. Much better than crying, moping and hating on my favorite team day in and day out. Your boat may have a whole in it...you should jump ship, I'm sure that will fix everything!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
I don't cry or start mopping on here. I do hate on Jerry and what he has done to this team. You do your Homer thing and come back for seconds the following year... I rather complain about the fact that Jerry has wrecked "your" team. Maybe you should just be content waving the blue and silver pom-poms and ignore us haters.

Sydla

Reaction score
Let's be clear. To him a top guy isn't Chris Jones. A top guy is someone like Josey Jewell, a mid-tier guy. So they won't sign a Josey Jewell because they can find 3 Nolan Carrolls for the same price as a Josey Jewell.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
I guess I'll put this out there for everyone then - do you sign Chris Jones for around what Spotrac is estimating ($28M+ a year) OR do you sign D.J. Reader ($14.9M) and LB Frankie Luvu ($11.2M)?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't cry or mop.

I don't cry or start mopping on here. I do hate on Jerry and what he has done to this team. You do your Homer thing and come back for seconds the following year... I rather complain about the fact that Jerry has wrecked "your" team. Maybe you should just be content waving the blue and silver pom-poms and ignore us haters.
If you can't mop or you don't like mopping, I have no use for you!
:muttley:

Big_D

Reaction score
If you have $50 and won’t get more until Wednesday, do you go out tonight and spend it all on a surf and turf or do you buy a burger today, tomorrow and Tuesday?

If people believe the Cowboys are one player away from a Super Bowl that’s fine. Eat steak. If the team has holes across the roster then eating burgers might make sense.
The problem is paying as much for a burger as you would surf and turf.

freemanjc19

Reaction score
Let me decode Jerry's message in straightforward terms for those who might have found his original phrasing a bit perplexing:

1. Youth Movement: The newer, younger talents on our team are quickly climbing the ranks. Expect to see them on the field more frequently than before, bringing fresh energy and skills into play.

2. Strategic Focus: Our primary goal is to strengthen the defensive tackle (DT) positions and linebackers (LBs). Any other acquisitions are considered luxury additions, not necessities.

3. Free Agency Timing: This year, we're adjusting our strategy in free agency. Instead of waiting for the third wave, we're jumping in during the second. This means we're aiming to make our key signings a bit earlier than usual.

4. Quarterback Strategy: Regarding our quarterback situation, Dallas intends to be cautious with its budget. We won't be leading the charge in setting high market prices for QBs. Should things not pan out as hoped this year, we're prepared to pivot towards rebuilding. we and rey Lance is poised to step up as our quarterback in such a scenario in 2025.

kskboys

Reaction score
Let me decode Jerry's message in straightforward terms for those who might have found his original phrasing a bit perplexing:

1. Youth Movement: The newer, younger talents on our team are quickly climbing the ranks. Expect to see them on the field more frequently than before, bringing fresh energy and skills into play.

2. Strategic Focus: Our primary goal is to strengthen the defensive tackle (DT) positions and linebackers (LBs). Any other acquisitions are considered luxury additions, not necessities.

3. Free Agency Timing: This year, we're adjusting our strategy in free agency. Instead of waiting for the third wave, we're jumping in during the second. This means we're aiming to make our key signings a bit earlier than usual.

4. Quarterback Strategy: Regarding our quarterback situation, Dallas intends to be cautious with its budget. We won't be leading the charge in setting high market prices for QBs. Should things not pan out as hoped this year, we're prepared to pivot towards rebuilding. we and rey Lance is poised to step up as our quarterback in such a scenario in 2025.
This appears to be more what we should do than what Jerry will do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't cry or mop.

Ok, but do you sweep?

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I mean that is true you could pay Dak 60 million or get 3 players for 20 million a year...

But if he's referring to the 20 million player and paying 3 guys 5-7 million a year you're getting Dante Fowlers.

LysleE

Reaction score
I think it depends on the position…if we’re talking about a perinially-glaring need such as a stud DT or run-stuffing LB I would want the best available; but if we are just talking about filling a position for depth or one with no real need I would opt for the JAGs.
Moreover, I think the days of top-players wanting to play in Dallas are in the past; so many teams have vastly improved their rosters and have innovative, energetic coaches running modern schemes; with most not only competing for, but playing in the playoffs with a realistic chance to play for Championships.
So to that end, Dallas signs the bargain bin FAs as most aren’t good enough to play consistently, or are past their prime, never had a prime, or coming off an injury.
Maintaining the status quo year-after-year despite Jerry’s ramblings of going “all-in.”