Jerry Jones just said he is all in on just getting 3 players instead of 1 top player

slick325

Reaction score
"All in" on doing things the same way. 29 years of unmatched success, why not keep things status quo! No need for splash FA or using top tier free agent bidding when you draft so well. No way a team can possibly do both and win more than a Wild Card game.

The stench of the Packers playoff game no longer lingers or exists. It's Jones family marketing season!

Cowboys!

Carson

Reaction score
This is the critical difference. There is a conflict of interest at play here in this team.

What would this team look like if this was diffferent? Will we ever know?
Not in our lifetime. You have Jerry then his kids Stephen, Jerry Jr, Charlotte. Then you have grandkids like Spalding and Paxten getting involved.

It won’t change ever. Why change?? it’s like in school if you don’t need to study and continue putting out Bs why care

shabazz

Reaction score
The strawman argument being given here by some is that the one player has to be Chris Jones at the top of the scale or 3 Jags.

There are other great DTs in Free agency still in their prime that won't break the bank .

Doesn't have to be Jones or Hankins and nobody in between

SloMo_Joe

Reaction score
And just like that, we are reassured that nothing will change. All in was never all in. It was Jerrah leaving off the F. He wants fans to "Fall in" to his carnival barker trap.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
that's what he told his wife to. why would I want one old baggy butt old woman when I can be all in on 3 other younger prostitutes?

Creeper

Reaction score

Start watching at about 6:30 seconds Jerry said say a top impact free agent is available but you could get 3 players for the price of 1 in free agency, Jerry is all in on.getting 3 cheaper players than one super star impact player, SO NOTHING HAS CHANGED

This is the problem in Dallas. Jerry does not get it. He thinks quantity beat quality and that is a very poor choice. Nothing changes in Dallas until Jerry figures out why this thinking is so stupid.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Rather than buying new tires, we'll just continue to patch the old ones or, better yet, just retread the old ones.

At one time or a other, we have all remarked about Jerry "dumpster-diving" in FA. Another interpretation is that JJ has confidence that his coaching staff can "coach up" the underperforming or average player.

Jerry gets very comfortable with his players and particularly those in flashy positions and often extends their contracts (not always, I know, but that is his tendency). For all the accolades associated with "the most valuable sports franchise in the world", I really wish he would be a bit more business-like when it comes to players. I would like to see him not extend contracts or, even trade players in their contract year.

But that won't happen because the FO view that 1 or 2 players can make a difference and the Cowboys can, once again, catch lightning in a bottle.

It's frustrating, I know, but que sera, sera.

Deionindahood

Reaction score
Jerry is all in and we're all along for the ride. Like it or not. If you're gonna take the ride, which I know you will, since you are still here, may as well enjoy it. Or keep crying and whining, if you do, bring your barf bag.
I want Jerry to fail again this year. Another 12-5 and one post season loss is what Jerry deserves. No whining, just wishful thinking. The sooner this team collapses, the better for the future.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I want Jerry to fail again this year. Another 12-5 and one post season loss is what Jerry deserves. No whining, just wishful thinking. The sooner this team collapses, the better for the future.
If the goal is to affect a significant shift in the FO, coaching or players, I am afraid that won't move the needle.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Any fan that wants their team to fail is not a fan, in my eyes. Whatever floats your boat.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
You really wanna pay Chris Jones $32m or Brian Burns $28/30M to come here???????
Lemme see,.... one sure fire game changer with immediate impact on the DL or three rejects who either were hurt, old or on the downside of their career and are hardly even noticed they are on the field.....yeah, gimmmie Chris Jones. Quality over quantity.

Haven't we already learned this after all these freaking years?

kskboys

Reaction score
This is the problem in Dallas. Jerry does not get it. He thinks quantity beat quality and that is a very poor choice. Nothing changes in Dallas until Jerry figures out why this thinking is so stupid.
Yeah, remember when he traded out of the 2nd round back in 09? Several times now Jerry has accrued a pile of 7th round picks. Since Tuna left, is there even one that has worked out?

Deionindahood

Reaction score
Any fan that wants their team to fail is not a fan, in my eyes. Whatever floats your boat.
And whatever fan continues to support an owner and GM who has failed the fans year after year is a homer...but whatever floats your Kool Aid cup.

Deionindahood

Reaction score
If the goal is to affect a significant shift in the FO, coaching or players, I am afraid that won't move the needle.
My hope is that once Jerry "retires", his son would hire a GM. Maybe wishful thinking, but dads and sons can have different philosophies.