Jerry Jones just said he is all in on just getting 3 players instead of 1 top player

Jayinem

Reaction score
I want Jerry to fail again this year. Another 12-5 and one post season loss is what Jerry deserves. No whining, just wishful thinking. The sooner this team collapses, the better for the future.
You never know maybe Stephen doesn't have it in him to take the criticism like Jerry does, and he just sells the team.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And whatever fan continues to support an owner and GM who has failed the fans year after year is a homer...but whatever floats your Kool Aid cup.
I'm a homer, I don't have an issue with saying that. I like kool aid...pretty good with some Grey Goose. Much better than crying, moping and hating on my favorite team day in and day out. Your boat may have a whole in it...you should jump ship, I'm sure that will fix everything!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Quality over quantity folks!!! Sign a top quality FA to meet a need; hit on a couple of draft picks with starters. Maybe make a trade for a good starter. Then fill in the gaps the best you can and you are in business.

This club has enough questionable talent in the FA pool right now. Guys that are maybe resigns or maybe let walk. Do not need to add three of those type guys. You gain nothing. Actually you lose ground.

chuck520

Reaction score
Trying to fill you with believable bull, Jimmy Johnson drafted 2 QBs, Troy mailman and Steve Walsh. Jerry has never drafted a QB number one since best I remember.
Quincy Carter, you want Jerry to draft another one?

RFABR

Reaction score
Nothing can stand between him and the yacht vacations. Nothing.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Start watching at about 6:30 seconds Jerry said say a top impact free agent is available but you could get 3 players for the price of 1 in free agency, Jerry is all in on.getting 3 cheaper players than one super star impact player, SO NOTHING HAS CHANGED

Then why not trade CD and Micah and do the same thing?

mahoneybill

Reaction score
In essence when you read between the lines, Jerry Jones is always impressed with his own work. Despite winning 4 playoff games in three decades, he is impressed with himself. And as he “runs it all back“ for 2024, he expects us to be as well.

Meanwhile 31 other GMs are worried about putting a better roster together to at least get close to winning a championship. Because they know if they don’t within a certain amount of time, they will be gone. Meanwhile our GM and giggling son have lifetime gigs. What’s the hurry?
Bingo a self defeating combo. $$$ role in team wins regular season all is good for Jones’s. On to yacht time

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I know I am, but only with those that deserve it. And I'm glad to tell you that you deserve it.
That's fine and all, but no need to make yourself look foolish to TRY and make me look foolish.

You can only lose doing that, ya know?

Kwyn

Reaction score
If you have $50 and won’t get more until Wednesday, do you go out tonight and spend it all on a surf and turf or do you buy a burger today, tomorrow and Tuesday?

If people believe the Cowboys are one player away from a Super Bowl that’s fine. Eat steak. If the team has holes across the roster then eating burgers might make sense.

Gambit

Reaction score
He said he has drafted QB's for the future.
Technically Dak was drafted for the future. Injuries thrust him into starting role
Exactly right, it's almost as if the Jerry Jones way has rubbed off on many fans. I'd rather have a Chris Jones than 3 average players. Yes you're going to have to fill a hole somewhere with someone cheap or a draft pick but that's no different for any team. I believe with Jones and Diggs back it'd be tough to score 20 on us.
Diggs returning from ACL next year won't be the diggs pre ACL or the 2025 version. We can not count on that.

We likely lose one of Gilly or Lewis. One or both DE
LT and possibly C
Only 2 DT under contract
Only 2 real LB with Clark and overshown who coming back from ACL and should not be counted on

We have 16 Free agents 7 draft picks.

We simply will have no choice but use the 3 for 1 moneyball approach.

Gambit

Reaction score
people quickly forget the three bargain signings failed but the high dollar signing that doesn't quite deliver lingers.

that's what that is all about.
Not on this board. On this board a bargain signing 10 years ago is still tied and held against the GM.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I've been a fan through and through since I was a kid. I haven't missed a single game in 15-20 years... yet here I am trying to ponder why I even care anymore? I've never been this low with the team, yet, here I am. That Green Bay game took the last air out of my sails.

I know a few posters will roll through here and question my fandom and tell me "where the door is", but I don't care. I'm tired of watching this mediocrity, and they should be too. Even the bottom-dwellers of the NFL try to churn the roster and make things happen. Not this old fool.

Nothing changes if nothing changes.