Jerry Jones landed his helicopter on the field in middle of Cowboys practice

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The players do not lose focus because of any of the media / fan driven over-reactions. They lose focus because of the coaching.

The players can care less about all of that with Jerry. It is the fans / media that harp on it constantly. I am not defending Jerry or the FO by any means. They do have their moments of stupidity. I guess, I just do not let it bother me like some / many do.
I can't control it, so don't let it waste my time over it.

Jerry arriving in a helicopter, or signing a player before the game, or bringing people onto the field has nothing to do with how they play.
Do you see the players huddled around some celebrity when they are doing pregame warmups? No.

What businesses are you talking about with players under contract? I have not seen anything of this. I think that would be circumventing the salary cap.
The only person that got away wit that, were the cheating Patriots. The players used his workout facilities he had as a side business.
I will respectfully disagree. Jerry is the owner, but his other title is GM. as a GM he is responsible for the culture of the organization.
when he gets in business with players he has under contract, it will tend to mix up the lines of authority and partnership.
when in the middle of practice he lands his helicopter, all players stop and take a look at him. the coach is conducting practice, running plays they designed and plan to use against next opponent, everyone should be fully focused and here comes the boss!!!
when he tells to the media that the OC reports to him directly, that undermines the coach and his ability to hold players accountable and confuses the lines of authority
when he decides to give locker room speeches after games, it undermines the coaches (given no other GM in the league does that).
when he brings his business partners to practive field and schmoozes with the players, it undermines where the focus of the organization should be.

and he went into business with Jaylon Smith...and gave him a 10M contract at the time one of the higher contracts knowing he sucked and didn't deserve it.
he told to the media that Kellen Moore reports to him and not the head coach...

the fact is no other team in the league does this stuff. you can write it off. but 29 years tells you what's happening. this team's performance to date tells you what's happening.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There was no emergency, and you can continue to dump on the fans of this organization for what you think they will do in hypothetical situations because you have some sort of chip on your shoulder.
I have no chip on my shoulder, and am not dumping on fans. I just tell the truth.
You are the one with a chip on your shoulder. You make this same basic comment about every one of my posts.
Who has the chip? Not me.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
"We can't afford Derrick Henry"....lands personal helicopter on the practice field in the middle of practice...

LOL!! We're all suckers...
It was Stephen’s idea. Always looking to save a buck. Land the company chopper on land they already own instead of leasing an air field. :muttley:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I bet he was thinking about how cool he looked to all his players.

Bet he walked out like this

tumblr_n09qy0uwMJ1t1xc0so1_400.gif