Jerry Jones landed his helicopter on the field in middle of Cowboys practice

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looking at the Frisco facility on Google Earth, I don't see a dedicated helipad anywhere on the property, at least not one I can see that is similar to what you would see on the roof of a hospital. Where he normally lands the thing is anyone's guess. The closest airport is Love Field, which would be fairly close to his home, so maybe that's where it's normally stored.
I did a Google Earth survey of the immediate area outside the facility and discovered 4242 Gaylord Parkway, an address less than 700 yards away from where Jerry Jones' helicopter lands. It is important to preface this observation acknowledging that Google:

xJlk2jF.png

--reports the Dallas Star Heliport as closed at that address. That said, here is that same heliport located relative to Jones' practice field helicopter parking spot:

qSFOgSc.jpg

hP7GebR.jpg

E42czpd.jpg

0358hRy.jpg

The final photo was taken last May. Pretty well-kept property that is permanently closed. Visually, it looks currently... operational...

Jipper

Reaction score
And the fans suck worse.
I am finding myself in a position where I am becoming more and more tolerant of self loathing cowboys fans given the torture this ownership has put this fan base through over the last 30 years.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am finding myself in a position where I am becoming more and more tolerant of self loathing cowboys fans given the torture this ownership has put this fan base through over the last 30 years.
Very true. But some go beyond just complaining and do nothing but attack anyone who tries to stay positive. Misery loves company I guess.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I did a Google Earth survey of the immediate area outside the facility and discovered 4242 Gaylord Parkway, an address less than 700 yards away from where Jerry Jones' helicopter lands. It is important to preface this observation acknowledging that Google:

xJlk2jF.png

--reports the Dallas Star Heliport as closed at that address. That said, here is that same heliport located relative to Jones' practice field helicopter parking spot:

qSFOgSc.jpg

hP7GebR.jpg

E42czpd.jpg

0358hRy.jpg

The final photo was taken last May. Pretty well-kept property that is permanently closed. Visually, it looks currently... operational...
I’m not sure what your point is?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
well, fans are emotionally invested, given none of us own the cowboys in anyway (no stocks).
its entertainment and entertainment like sports is emotional investment.
and your emotions (enjoyment specifically) is tied to the team success.
any distractions, or unnecessary distractions impact team success
thus fans whine....

it has impact on team focus and performance.
So Jerry's helicopter lands near the practice field. That will be the difference between winning and losing. The things fans come up with.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Y'all still think Dalton Shultz just couldn't handle being a Cowboy or was he telling the truth?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So Jerry's helicopter lands near the practice field. That will be the difference between winning and losing. The things fans come up with.
no, its just and example of how this organization works. you don't take a single incident. its the mindset of the owenr.

he should have known, that you just don't do that kind of stuff. but he didn't care. he did it. and he does everything else the same way.
like signing Dak an hour before the season starts. when he had 8 months to do so.
like bringing business associates to the field to meet players.
like going to the locker room and giving speeches.
like getting into business with players while under contract.
like being on front page every opportunity he gets, good or bad.

those add up, to lack of focus by this team.

the results on the field are obvious....

coult44

Reaction score
Narcissist.

Helicopter accidents are freak occurrences but they DO happen.

That is TOTALLY way too self-centered.

Now I would like to know the proximity of the regularly used helipad to the facility--just to evaluate the validity of any 'urgency required this landing at the facility' overrode standard FAA safety precautions and concerns.

Narcissist.
When you drive your car to work you’re a narcissist? The difference is he has the money to take a chopper. Why the hell would he want to deal with DFW traffic if he doesn’t have to?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no, its just and example of how this organization works. you don't take a single incident. its the mindset of the owenr.

he should have known, that you just don't do that kind of stuff. but he didn't care. he did it. and he does everything else the same way.
like signing Dak an hour before the season starts. when he had 8 months to do so.
like bringing business associates to the field to meet players.
like going to the locker room and giving speeches.
like getting into business with players while under contract.
like being on front page every opportunity he gets, good or bad.

those add up, to lack of focus by this team.

the results on the field are obvious....
The players do not lose focus because of any of the media / fan driven over-reactions. They lose focus because of the coaching.

The players can care less about all of that with Jerry. It is the fans / media that harp on it constantly. I am not defending Jerry or the FO by any means. They do have their moments of stupidity. I guess, I just do not let it bother me like some / many do.
I can't control it, so don't let it waste my time over it.

Jerry arriving in a helicopter, or signing a player before the game, or bringing people onto the field has nothing to do with how they play.
Do you see the players huddled around some celebrity when they are doing pregame warmups? No.

What businesses are you talking about with players under contract? I have not seen anything of this. I think that would be circumventing the salary cap.
The only person that got away wit that, were the cheating Patriots. The players used his workout facilities he had as a side business.

Jipper

Reaction score
When you drive your car to work you’re a narcissist? The difference is he has the money to take a chopper. Why the hell would he want to deal with DFW traffic if he doesn’t have to?
They are not the same, and there is so much risk to people if the helicopter had a malfunction or crash in that densely populated space

Nobody has an issue with Jerry having his helicopter- just should have landed it on the designated pad safely

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you drive your car to work you’re a narcissist?
People are not necessarily narcissists driving cars to work. lol. You made a... comparison... of driving a car to work with an individual being chauffeured via a paid pilot to his corporate headquarters.
The difference is he has the money to take a chopper.
Yes. Having a net worth of $15 billions dollars can allow someone to purchase a helicopter. Maybe even a $250 million super yacht. Without using a coupon. of course.
Why the hell would he want to deal with DFW traffic if he doesn’t have to?
Post #162.

Jones has options of using his helicopter and avoiding Dallas-Fort Worth traffic.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
It would not matter. Fans will dump on this organization for every little thing. Jerry can ask the cleaning crew to empty his trash can, because someone forgot, and fans will whine about it.
There was no emergency, and you can continue to dump on the fans of this organization for what you think they will do in hypothetical situations because you have some sort of chip on your shoulder.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When you drive your car to work you’re a narcissist?
I apologize. Just a couple of questions.

Do you commute to work?

Do you drive yourself to work?

WHERE do you park your vehicle IF you drive yourself to work?

Finally, what is the relative risk to yourself, your co-workers, and (Heaven forbid) your place of work/business IF your vehicle is involved in an accident AT your place of work/business?