Jerry Jones: Luke McCown a better fit for third QB than Colin Kaepernick

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Have fun, kids.

Uncle Jerry has once more given you something to talk about.

He's not referring to ability.
They want the 3rd QB to be.....
  • very very cheap,
  • Enthusiastically available for the dirty work (scrub practice reps, etc),
  • and either a very young development guy or an older vet with no aspirations other than to help develop the young starter.

Kaep fits none of those criteria

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
That's all the media is these days. They stopped reporting the news long ago and instead now focus on creating it.
Of course.

But I think a lot of people still think a reporter is some salt of the earth with a pencil tucked in their ear.

I wouldn't suggest journalism as a career to anyone unless they secretly want to be an entertainer.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course.

But I think a lot of people still think a reporter is some salt of the earth with a pencil tucked in their ear.

I wouldn't suggest journalism as a career to anyone unless they secretly want to be an entertainer.
The really sad thing is that a lot of reporters actually hate what has become of their profession. They are forced to follow agendas and create stories rather than report out of fear of losing their jobs, which is inevitable anyway. Some reporters though seem to relish it as they think of themselves as special for breaking a story they created.

blur2122

Reaction score
I agree with him. They are both mediocre but McCowan doesn't have any baggage. Neither one will take us to the SB if Dak goes down anyway.

Well, except for the fact that Kaepernick has already taken one team to the Super Bowl and then back to the NFC Championship Game, and Luke McCown is a career backup.

I'm a Jerry fan, and I understand the reasoning here. But let's not pretend that McCown and Kaepernick are on the same planet talent-wise or potential-wise.

McCown - 36 yrs old, 9 career TDs, 15 career INTS
Kaepernick - 29 yrs old, 72 career TDs (plus another 13 rushing TDs), 30 career INTS.

Given that we hope to be serious potential SB contenders this year, I think it is very fair to ask why we are signing the vastly inferior player. And Jerry's response that he signed McCown because he is looking for a "Quarterback for the future" is laughable.

I think the reasons we signed McCown instead of Kaepernick are clear. Kaepernick's social issues were undoubtedly a factor, and they were looking more for a camp body than someone who would challenge Kellen Moore for the #2 spot.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Well, except for the fact that Kaepernick has already taken one team to the Super Bowl and then back to the NFC Championship Game, and Luke McCown is a career backup.

I'm a Jerry fan, and I understand the reasoning here. But let's not pretend that McCown and Kaepernick are on the same planet talent-wise or potential-wise.

McCown - 36 yrs old, 9 career TDs, 15 career INTS
Kaepernick - 29 yrs old, 72 career TDs (plus another 13 rushing TDs), 30 career INTS.

Given that we hope to be serious potential SB contenders this year, I think it is very fair to ask why we are signing the vastly inferior player. And Jerry's response that he signed McCown because he is looking for a "Quarterback for the future" is laughable.

I think the reasons we signed McCown instead of Kaepernick are clear. Kaepernick's social issues were undoubtedly a factor, and they were looking more for a camp body than someone who would challenge Kellen Moore for the #2 spot.
The league has caught up to Kap. He doesn't care that much about being a great QB anymore. Time to forget him.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The really sad thing is that a lot of reporters actually hate what has become of their profession. They are forced to follow agendas and create stories rather than report out of fear of losing their jobs, which is inevitable anyway. Some reporters though seem to relish it as they think of themselves as special for breaking a story they created.

Absolutely, but their profession means they have to compromise if they want to get ahead.

That is the main reason I laugh and laugh and laugh when there is the comparison to old school journalists like Blackie Sherrod or Frank Luksa.

Those two would be starving artists today.

Sorry, but the world has changed a great deal.

It is sometimes for the better. Sometimes not.

But it is what it is, right now.

Some reporter who just reports "facts" as I see a lot of people around here demanding, will be unemployed. Very soon.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
You can already see how heated it's getting and Kap isn't even signed anywhere. If a team signs him it's going to be a circus. Don't know why any team would want that.
Heck the threads in here would be insano. The mods would have to quit their day jobs just to keep track of everything. Lots of peeps would have finger cramps, carpel tunnel, and other health related issues. But overall I think most of the dallas fans are on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.