Jerry Jones might have been playing 4D chess delaying Dak Prescott extension

fivetwos

Reaction score
Why can’t I shake the idea that Jerry’s grand plan for this season is to set up Prescott to fail and therefore figuring to get him on a discounted deal?

Even if thats the case and it works, any discount wouldn’t be anything of significance.

Jerry pulled this ‘prove it’ crap with Dak before, when he played on the tag. He proved nothing and still got his money.

Jerry thinks hard lines in the sand motivates people. It doesn’t. They are getting their money regardless.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I highly doubt it. Honestly even if the NFL ends up losing this legal battle, nothing about the system is fast. The NFL pays their legal team a ton of money and will delay and appeal for years. I would guess that this Sunday Ticket issue has more of a chance to effect the cap after Daks next contract is over with rather than effect anyone currently up for an extension.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Why can’t I shake the idea that Jerry’s grand plan for this season is to set up Prescott to fail and therefore figuring to get him on a discounted deal?

Even if thats the case and it works, any discount wouldn’t be anything of significance.

Jerry pulled this ‘prove it’ crap with Dak before, when he played on the tag. He proved nothing and still got his money.

Jerry thinks hard lines in the sand motivates people. It doesn’t. They are getting their money regardless.
Dak was NFL MVP runner up and an All Pro last year. :facepalm:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I highly doubt it. Honestly even if the NFL ends up losing this legal battle, nothing about the system is fast. The NFL pays their legal team a ton of money and will delay and appeal for years. I would guess that this Sunday Ticket issue has more of a chance to effect the cap after Daks next contract is over with rather than effect anyone currently up for an extension.
For sure it will take time to play out. But the possibility of the salary cap drastically going down must play into the thoughts of all owners on how to move forward and prepare.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I really don't know how this lawsuit will play out. I will say this, I believe that salary cap is a percentage of revenue, not profits. Revenue isn't going to go down. Its entirely possible that the salary cap stays the same and all that happens with the lawsuit is that owners get creamed out of their own pockets.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No. But I hope he is lucky and all this falls his and the Cowboys way.
There are posters that say Dak has all the leverage over JJ the owner of the Cowboys and there is nothing that JJ can do because of that. It seems like some of those posters actually think that Dak owns the Cowboys not JJ. Can you believe that?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Dak was NFL MVP runner up and an All Pro last year. :facepalm:
I understand that.

Are you agreeing with me that there will be no significant discount or no?

If the idea here is that this multi billion dollar lawsuit is going to be resolved and significantly reduce the salary cap before Prescott needs to be signed is way off. We are talking years. Several years. Every possible delay tactic will be used. Prescott decision time is in eight months.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I understand that.

Are you agreeing with me that there will be no significant discount or no?

If the idea here is that this multi billion dollar lawsuit is going to be resolved and significantly reduce the salary cap before Prescott needs to be signed is way off. We are talking years. Several years. Every possible delay tactic will be used. Prescott decision time is in eight months.
You said he proved nothing :facepalm:

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
There are posters that say Dak has all the leverage over JJ the owner of the Cowboys and there is nothing that JJ can do because of that. It seems like some of those posters actually think that Dak owns the Cowboys not JJ. Can you believe that?
Dak controls his future. He can leave when his current contract expires. By comparison, CeeDee is stuck. He can be tagged, twice, and can’t become a free agent until after the 2026 season. Dak doesn’t own the Cowboys. The Cowboys own Dak, for eight more months. Of course he gets paid over $1.7 million per game. Things could be worse.