Jerry Jones might have been playing 4D chess delaying Dak Prescott extension

plymkr

Reaction score
You didn’t even read the article.
That article was interesting. I did know about the salary cap being affected by the Direct TV issue. I guess I didn’t care enough to look into it. That would be bad if the salary cap was cut. Interesting, it will be interesting to watch this play out.

As far as Dak goes I don’t think Jerry has that much of a plan. The image of him sitting there with scribbles on his notebook is burned into my brain. But we’ll see. Nothing surprises me at this point.

plymkr

Reaction score
When it comes to making money, Jerry is playing 3D chess. When it comes to being a an NFL GM, Jerry is playing checkers. And apparently he doesn’t understand checkers.
Very well said. I’m jealous I didn’t say it.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The OP literally will scour the earth to find any off brand , rinky dink, podunk article can find to suit his agenda. It’s absolutely hilarious to watch it happen. What a total embarrassment.
Rocky is playing 4D Fandom while the rest of us rubes couldn't spell fan if he gave us the F and the N.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There are posters that say Dak has all the leverage over JJ the owner of the Cowboys and there is nothing that JJ can do because of that. It seems like some of those posters actually think that Dak owns the Cowboys not JJ. Can you believe that?
He doesn't need to own the cowboys he does own the right to walk away with no trade and no franchise tag clauses built into his current contract. Unless he decides to sign an extension he could choose to walk away from the Cowboys and they are powerless to stop it.

plymkr

Reaction score
Why can’t I shake the idea that Jerry’s grand plan for this season is to set up Prescott to fail and therefore figuring to get him on a discounted deal?

Even if thats the case and it works, any discount wouldn’t be anything of significance.

Jerry pulled this ‘prove it’ crap with Dak before, when he played on the tag. He proved nothing and still got his money.

Jerry thinks hard lines in the sand motivates people. It doesn’t. They are getting their money regardless.
I can’t shake the same feeling. I can’t shake the feeling that our “GM” is wanting to avoid a media hailstorm by putting a less talented team around Dak so we either don’t make the playoffs or get bounced first round. Then our “GM” would be justified in letting him walk or devaluing him to other teams. Think about it, if we don’t make the playoffs this year without any major injuries then Stephen would not be as vilified if he let Dak walk.

I also can’t shake the feelings that this is more Stephen’s fault than Jerry’s. I don’t think Stephen likes Dak or he definitely doesn’t want to pay him.

Now keep in mind this is all speculation and opinion on my part and this is just my gut feeling. I’m not advocating one way or another but at the end of the day this offseason makes little to no sense.

shabazz

Reaction score
The OP literally will scour the earth to find any off brand , rinky dink, podunk article can find to suit his agenda. It’s absolutely hilarious to watch it happen. What a total embarrassment.
I believe a part of his psychopathy is to start these threads with the sole intention of pouncing on anyone that doesn't agree with it and accuse them of hatred and negativity

Freud would have a field day with this guy.....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That article was interesting. I did know about the salary cap being affected by the Direct TV issue. I guess I didn’t care enough to look into it. That would be bad if the salary cap was cut. Interesting, it will be interesting to watch this play out.

As far as Dak goes I don’t think Jerry has that much of a plan. The image of him sitting there with scribbles on his notebook is burned into my brain. But we’ll see. Nothing surprises me at this point.
Yeah, the article gives too much credit to Jerry. Plus one thing Jerry is good at is making money so he would know that this will take a couple years to play out if not longer. Still interesting and could affect how owners go forward with contracts. At least it will play a part.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I believe a part of his psychopathy is to start these threads with the sole intention of pouncing on anyone that doesn't agree with it and accuse them of hatred and negativity

Freud would have a field day with this guy.....
Maybe instead of attacking me, read the article and respond accordingly.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
"Ironically, Jones' long-held desire to absolish the salary cap would probably hurt his case with Prescott."

Correct me if Im wrong, but wasn't Jones a major player in establishing a salary cap?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
You didn’t even read the article.
You do realize that Christopher Kline from Fansided is essentially a fan writing a blog?

I'm not saying he's right or wrong, his take is basically Jerry somehow knew they NFL would lose the Sunday Ticket lawsuit and then magically that will bring the QB prices immediately back down to Earth.

This isn't coming from a vested journalist.

mcmvp

Reaction score
I believe Jerry Jones is quite capable of 4D chess in business outside of football, but not as an NFL GM

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You do realize that Christopher Kline from Fansided is essentially a fan writing a blog?

I'm not saying he's right or wrong, his take is basically Jerry somehow knew they NFL would lose the Sunday Ticket lawsuit and then magically that will bring the QB prices immediately back down to Earth.

This isn't coming from a vested journalist.
If you want to crap on the thread that’s your choice

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
If you want to crap on the thread that’s your choice
How did I do that?

If I posted that Jerry Jones has hired a GM and then quietly mention Bob from Accounting told me that, I would be doing the same thing you just did.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F83c8681c-5019-4e1d-9a05-722d2cd6d614_500x300.png

plymkr

Reaction score
Yeah, the article gives too much credit to Jerry. Plus one thing Jerry is good at is making money so he would know that this will take a couple years to play out if not longer. Still interesting and could affect how owners go forward with contracts. At least it will play a part.
So if this lawsuit does affect the salary cap it will be a couple seasons away? Hopefully if it does hurt the cap we’ll have enough notice to prepare for it. I will be quite angry if we do a salary cap reboot and lose for a couple seasons only to have the cap cut in half. This will be monitored. Thanks for posting this article, I had no idea the lawsuit could affect anything in the field.