Jerry Jones might have been playing 4D chess delaying Dak Prescott extension

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
For sure it will take time to play out. But the possibility of the salary cap drastically going down must play into the thoughts of all owners on how to move forward and prepare.
I would agree, but I think it's more of a talking point to get players to accept less in the short term than it is an actual concern. I would hope that agents see right through any talk of this by owners. Afterall it's not the players fault this is happening.

rags747

Reaction score
Love 4D Chess players, not many around. I know of two, love them both. Actually I just came up with a third!

shabazz

Reaction score
I don't see this lawsuit moving the needle significantly.

If Jones truly wants to keep Rayne Dakota he will have already done so

2025 this team will most likely have a different starting quarterback

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Whether he is smarter as a GM is certainly debatable. One thing that isn't debatable is that he has WAY more information about the inner workings of the league than any of us. That's why we should always pause before saying things are "stupid" just because they "appear" to be. Something can go from non sensical to making perfect sense with a slight twist of facts or definitions.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The OP literally will scour the earth to find any off brand , rinky dink, podunk article can find to suit his agenda. It’s absolutely hilarious to watch it happen. What a total embarrassment.
It’s much better than being like you, always negative, always bitter and always whining.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This could have a lot of tentacles and including Jerry getting to sell his TV rights separate from the league as he desires.

But it is unlikely any money changes hands for years much less impact the salary cap in the next couple seasons.

Jerry was smart enough to put the TL and by All-In he means win or blow it up.
But that just makes blowing it up the betting favorite by quite a lot.

Yet he has never been smarter than the agents. And Cee Dee is going to demand a massive deal this year or a trade.
Dak will simply play out his deal and take the insane URFA deal of his choice sure to be offered next year while Micah only shows up when absolutely necessary refusing to learn Zimmer's system any more than he must to get his checks.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Correct me if I'm wrong from reading this article. Did I read that JJ now wants to get rid of the salary cap the HE started in the first place?

fivetwos

Reaction score
You said he proved nothing :facepalm:
Oh no, I meant the season he was tagged instead of signed long term. He didnt perform much better or worse. That was the year he missed most of with injury.

Heres the thing….they shouldn’t be on the fence over Prescott any longer. What he does this season shouldn’t matter. They should know what he is and isn’t and what he is likely to cost.

If they think that waiting him out is going to bring the cost down, and that’ll be entirely based on the coming season, I’d say they are wrong.

Dak can do his usual…..good reg season, bad in the playoffs, and he will have more than a handful of suitors on the FA market.

Unless they have already decided to move on, they should be working to get him signed sooner than later as salaries rise. For some reason, they think waiting until camp is the time to do that instead of concentrating on camp during camp.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I would think. He is more interested in how he can leverage this to have some autonomy to offer Cowboys games outside v of the NFL umbrella similar to what he did with merchandising. He probably would exponentially increase the teams value over the rest of the NFL.