Jerry Jones might have been playing 4D chess delaying Dak Prescott extension

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe instead of attacking me, read the article and respond accordingly.
That was an "attack"? Dude you have become so very soft sheesh!

You've lost your sense of humor, your dignity...everything.

I even gave you a smilie thingie....and you still missed it. You should take some time off...really.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So if this lawsuit does affect the salary cap it will be a couple seasons away? Hopefully if it does hurt the cap we’ll have enough notice to prepare for it. I will be quite angry if we do a salary cap reboot and lose for a couple seasons only to have the cap cut in half. This will be monitored. Thanks for posting this article, I had no idea the lawsuit could affect anything in the field.
With all the appeals these days it could be even longer. The NFL certainly needs to be punished for charging a premium and effectively pricing out the majority of young American familes with children. I was in the military for 21 years and never could afford Sunday Ticket. 3 kids a wife and a military salary. Wouldn’t Change it for the world though.

Flamma

Reaction score
For sure it will take time to play out. But the possibility of the salary cap drastically going down must play into the thoughts of all owners on how to move forward and prepare.
It will be the owners that decide to take that out of the cap. The NFLPA are certainly not going to force their hand. If anything, this will be bad for players, not the league.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
How did I do that?

If I posted that Jerry Jones has hired a GM and then quietly mention Bob from Accounting told me that, I would be doing the same thing you just did.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F83c8681c-5019-4e1d-9a05-722d2cd6d614_500x300.png
Your first words, “You do realize…..”

csirl

Reaction score
People need to stop the 'Dak has all the leverage" rubbish. Dak has no leverage right now. He's in the final year of his contract, so his dead money is the same regardless of whether he's on/off the roster for the up coming season.

Cowboys can save a considerable sum of money by NOT paying him his regular season salary in 2024 i.e. by cutting him.

Cowboys can also decide when to cut him. They can keep him on the roster until final cuts for no cost, which prevents Dak competing for a starting position on another team ala if he had been cut in the offseason.

Cowboys can also tell him to significantly reduce his 2024 salary on the day of final cuts.......or else get cut and get no salary (or reduced salary as backup on another tean). Nothing he can do about it.

Its entirely the Cowboys decision as to if they pay him this season and when they cut him if other cheaper or better options emerge during preseason.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
People need to stop the 'Dak has all the leverage" rubbish. Dak has no leverage right now. He's in the final year of his contract, so his dead money is the same regardless of whether he's on/off the roster for the up coming season.

Cowboys can save a considerable sum of money by NOT paying him his regular season salary in 2024 i.e. by cutting him.

Cowboys can also decide when to cut him. They can keep him on the roster until final cuts for no cost, which prevents Dak competing for a starting position on another team ala if he had been cut in the offseason.

Cowboys can also tell him to significantly reduce his 2024 salary on the day of final cuts.......or else get cut and get no salary (or reduced salary as backup on another tean). Nothing he can do about it.

Its entirely the Cowboys decision as to if they pay him this season and when they cut him if other cheaper or better options emerge during preseason.
Truth!

cowboyed

Reaction score
When it comes to making money, Jerry is playing 3D chess. When it comes to being a an NFL GM, Jerry is playing checkers. And apparently he doesn’t understand checkers.
There is no one in a powerful executive management position that can protect Jerry from stifling future post season success of our team because Stephen is a chip off the old cinderblock. Both of them also have their hands in too many cookie jars.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2nd team all pro.

They only count 1st team.

While he did receive votes for MVP, it was not even close.

He did earn a Pro Bowl.

His 1st since 2018.

He did lose another 1st round playoff game.
The notion that mvp "runner up" is some sort of achievement to brag on is...odd, annoying even. Nobody but the most ardent nerds remembers mvp, let alone 2nd or 3rd place. Except multiple winners also champs, i.e. michael jordan.
Its complete nonsense. But when the pickings are slim...i guess you use blanks for ammo if ya have to.

kskboys

Reaction score

If they cut him, can they toss some of that deferred money back into 2024? If so, that would be the right move. If you're going to move on anyway, why not?

_sturt_

Reaction score
Ya know.

Jerrahaters, there's a storm on the horizon, and you may have no choice but to acknowledge Jerry wasn't lying when he made the claim around draft time that there's no one in the league who is more cognizant of all of the variables in play here where the cap current and the cap future is concerned.

And, thus... where this thread is concerned and where Dak is concerned and where all of us fans are concerned... the OP (or more accurately, the FanSided blogger's proposition) could very well end up to be a merited proposition.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
2nd team all pro.

They only count 1st team.

While he did receive votes for MVP, it was not even close.

He did earn a Pro Bowl.

His 1st since 2018.

He did lose another 1st round playoff game.
Anyone selected 1st or 2nd team All Pro is an All Pro. Jeez you haters.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The notion that mvp "runner up" is some sort of achievement to brag on is...odd, annoying even. Nobody but the most ardent nerds remembers mvp, let alone 2nd or 3rd place. Except multiple winners also champs, i.e. michael jordan.
Its complete nonsense. But when the pickings are slim...i guess you use blanks for ammo if ya have to.
Dak was NFL MVP runner up in 2023. Jeez you haters won’t give him credit for an MVP season. Your hate is blinding you and you can’t see it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak was NFL MVP runner up in 2023. Jeez you haters won’t give him credit for an MVP season. Your hate is blinding you and you can’t see it.
And your hate blinds you....the irony.

I dont speak for others, but i do not hate dak. But 3rd place mvp is not winning. With your attitude, no wonder cowboys cant be champions.