Jerry Jones needs to go

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
This is a rant thread for those who feel Jerry needs to step down or hire a GM and step up or whatever it is you'd like to say about Jerry. There is no need to start another Jerry thread. And beyond an occasional thoughtful, funny, or snarky and/or pithy post about our esteemed but flawed leader should go here.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Jerry needs to find a good GM IMO. Long overdue. You can't give talk shows, reality shows, radio programs, own the Cowboys and promote it as well as do your duties for the league and do an adequate job as a GM. That's a full time 12+ hour a day job IMO.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
This is a rant thread for those that disapprove of Jerry to post in. None of the threads I posted necessarily reflect my own views although I don't disavow them specifically nor endorse them in the same manner. Further, if I had any specific opinions or knowledge in those areas I would not be at liberty to either deny or affirm them.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
My major issue with Jerry has always been his ego.

It super cedes everything even to the detriment of the team.

And it's exactly why he's the butt of jokes. It's Jerry first in Cowboyland.

Nothing will change though till he's dead & then what will Stephen be. Jerry II?

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
I had this incredible idea, but it will never happen.

Wouldn't it be great if the NFL talked Jerry into moving the current team to Los Angeles, and (just like what happened when Modell moved the Browns to Baltimore and they became the Ravens) we get to keep the name "Cowboys" and all of our past records....but we get a new owner and a complete do-over from scratch.....with a general manager who really knows how to build a winning football team?? Jerry would be PERFECT for L.A.

I know, it's a crazy dream....but at times, I think that's all I have left: dreams.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

Wouldn't it be great if the NFL talked Jerry into moving the current team to Los Angeles, and (just like what happened when Modell moved the Browns to Baltimore and they became the Ravens) we get to keep the name "Cowboys" and all of our past records....but we get a new owner and a complete do-over from scratch.....with a general manager who really knows how to build a winning football team?? Jerry would be PERFECT for L.A.

I know, it's a crazy dream....but at times, I think that's all I have left: dreams.

Well it'll never happen but I like your dream. If you dream might as well dream big, huh?

Nirvana

Reaction score
Jerry needs to find a good GM IMO. Long overdue. You can't give talk shows, reality shows, radio programs, own the Cowboys and promote it as well as do your duties for the league and do an adequate job as a GM. That's a full time 12+ hour a day job IMO.

WIll McClay doing a lot of that GM job now.

klarson27

Reaction score
The more I learn about Jerry and his involvement in the team the more I want him to get out of the picture in Big D... I love the cowboys but now success will be bittersweet for me as Jones doesn't deserve it!

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score

Jerry would most likely be an arse like Bud Adams was with the Oilers. He took the name Oilers with him & would not allow any future team in Houston to have that name. Jerry has Jerryville & I think deep inhis dementia he may just think people in Dallas actually like him. He thinks he's all that.

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
It's twenty years since the Jerry/Jimmy divorce.

It would have been long forgotten if Jerry's emotional IQ had been high enough to work with Jimmy...he probably acted more intelligently as an oilman. Instead, he's been on a Don Quixotic venture to prove he is the only mastermind the Cowboys need to remain champions...how can a truly proud man continue to humiliate himself like that? Doesn't concerns of his legacy disturb him?

The only remaining option is for the fans, sponsors, and companies to withdraw support. If Jerry refuses to get that, hopefully Stephen will when he starts to preside over the Cowboys.

Wheeltax

Reaction score
Doesn't concerns of his legacy disturb him?

That's what gets me - imagine if Jerry tomorrow announced that he's hired somebody to be the GM and has handed all reasonable amount of power to that guy. Jerry remains on board for general franchise direction and input when needed, and to sign the checks, maybe even helping make a decision here and there on personnel like a lot of owners do. The GM gets to make trades and draft in concert with the coaching staff and, to some degree, Jerry.

Imagine if that happened and this team turned around in a year or two and made a couple of deep playoff runs. Jerry would be hailed as a hero, even after the long drought.

Instead, he's going to go out with everyone saying 'Okay, NOW maybe this team can get a winning culture again'. It's very bizarre.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
This is a rant thread for those who feel Jerry needs to step down or hire a GM and step up or whatever it is you'd like to say about Jerry. There is no need to start another Jerry thread. And beyond an occasional thoughtful, funny, or snarky and/or pithy post about our esteemed but flawed leader should go here.

I'm glad that all of my posts should qualify for more than just this thread.
They're all thoughtful, funny, and snarky and/or pithy!
Whew!
For a moment I thought some of my posts would have to be relegated to this basement...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'm taking names and making a list. Then I will banish all from my...I mean THE Kingdom. They will all rue the day....

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

Noooooo..... It is just that Jerry suffers. And so must we. Until change happens, is forced to happens or just, quite simply... Happens.

It's twenty years since the Jerry/Jimmy divorce.

It would have been long forgotten if Jerry's emotional IQ had been high enough to work with Jimmy...he probably acted more intelligently as an oilman. Instead, he's been on a Don Quixotic venture to prove he is the only mastermind the Cowboys need to remain champions...how can a truly proud man continue to humiliate himself like that? Doesn't concerns of his legacy disturb him?

The only remaining option is for the fans, sponsors, and companies to withdraw support. If Jerry refuses to get that, hopefully Stephen will when he starts to preside over the Cowboys.

Yep. So that means almost 20 years since last SB win.
Yep. Much better business man than football guy. Not even close.
Proud - yes. Does he care how it looks - nope.

With regards to the latter, won't happen. Fans, companies and sponsors will always be there. One or all of the three may decrease .... But not enough to force "change".

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Serious question. Do you believe it's possible that Jerry could one day hire a personnel "advisor" from outside of the organization while keeping his beloved GM title?

He was desperate to get a new stadium and that begot Parcells. Could his own mortality cause him to get desperate enough to do something like this?

StylisticS

Reaction score
Serious question. Do you believe it's possible that Jerry could one day hire a personnel "advisor" from outside of the organization while keeping his beloved GM title?

He was desperate to get a new stadium and that begot Parcells. Could his own mortality cause him to get desperate enough to do something like this?

Didn't he already do that with Dan Reeves? Or am I wrong on that.

trueblue1687

Reaction score
This is a rant thread for those that disapprove of Jerry to post in. None of the threads I posted necessarily reflect my own views although I don't disavow them specifically nor endorse them in the same manner. Further, if I had any specific opinions or knowledge in those areas I would not be at liberty to either deny or affirm them.

Nice disclaimer...I'd almost guess you were a fellow esquire by the looks of it.