Jerry Jones needs to go

visionary

Reaction score
Is the Eagles empty Super Bowl trophy case the result of an over-bearing owner?

Many teams with real football GMs don't win. People think that the only obstacle between the Cowboys and the Super Bowl is Jerry being the GM. If ole Jerry would just hire a real GM, the Cowboys are automatically in the Super Bowl.

How many playoff appearances and victories and conference and divisional championship game appearances do the eagles have since Jerry really took over (after Jimmy's players left) versus us? It is not even close
Under the current organizational structure , even the eagles have a better chance than we do

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eagles aren't part of this equation. With their current structure, they have a CHANCE of becoming a serious contender.

With our current structure, we are guaranteed years and years of futility. Jerry has proven he is incapable of building a winner. Removing him gives us a chance of becoming a contender. With him at the helm, its just more of the same ... nothing.

They are an NFL team that has never won a Super Bowl. You can't just say they're not part of the equation because you don't want them to be part of the equation. The Cowboys have had years where they had a CHANCE to be contenders.

Fredd

Reaction score

Many teams with real football GMs don't win. People think that the only obstacle between the Cowboys and the Super Bowl is Jerry being the GM. If ole Jerry would just hire a real GM, the Cowboys are automatically in the Super Bowl.

there are something like 40+ SB winners WITH a GM....I choose to think that way rather than compare the Cowboys to a team with a GM that hasn't won

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score

I fear the Iggles win a Super Bowl before we win another one.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
And unfortunately ours too.

Jerry has committed to winning as both the owner and GM. The problem is he has 'sat at the table' so long he can't back away now. He has to be all in in an effort to prove he was, is and will be right about managing this franchise.
If he finally were to hire a professional GM and we were to reach an NFC championship game in a couple a three years it would pile the futility of the last 17 years even more apparently on his doorstep.
Instead of being the shrewd, cagey, innovative wheeler dealer owner his ego wants him to be known as, he will essentially have proven himself to be a craven seeker of glory who has failed himself and us miserably in this foolish quest to impress.

Siiiiighhh

Sure, he could. All it would take would be a press conference in which he saves face with a few platitudes like, "I want to spend more time with my family" and "I want time to travel." There you go, Jerry. You don't have to come out and say, "I've run this franchise into the ground and need to hire someone who knows what he's doing," even if that's true. The guy's rich. He can do whatever he wants. He plays GM simply because he wants to, regardless of whether it's good for the team or not.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

I don't believe I have seen that posted by any fan here. And I do read a great deal on nthis site.

I believe what is being said by those that loathe Jerry is this.

This league is difficult enough without having a billionaire playing Madden on a grand scale.

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score

For the record, I have never said or implied that if Jerry hires a GM and let him do his job, the Cowboys automatically go to a Super Bowl.

I will say they would often be in the playoffs and occasionally winning them.

And that Jerry is all but guaranteeing the Cowboys can't be in the playoffs with his performance right now.

Boys122

Reaction score
Bad mouthing Jerry...

Apparently, you like losing. He gets bad mouthed for a reason. And might I add he never takes the blame for anything and throws others under the bus for it. So, Jerry isn't the blame for any of this?

Boys122

Reaction score
If Jerry stepped away from being the GM and the football field....

The fans would come back...even if we didn't win a Super Bowl...etc etc

If we did win , then we would all praise jerry for doing the right thing...

Big ifs.

boyzjunkie

Reaction score
You lost me right there
If you are a cowboy junkie (as your username indicates) there is no escaping the fact that Jerry has no commitment to winning except if he gets credit for it

His priorities are his money and his ego
Winning is a distant and unimportant outcome

That is exactly my point. He is committed to proving HE can produce a winner. If he were to bring in a pro GM now and we become winners again it would just highlight the years of waste under his failed general management. He will not risk that.
I truly believe he is desperate to win. But only if he will get the credit. Sort of ego maniacal. And he has pretty much shown he does not have the skills or talent to bring home a winner. (forget oil wells)