Recap: Jerry Jones on 105.3 The Fan - 09/06/16

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
This Defense should be better, and probably will be better then the 2014 & 2015 defenses.
Sean Lee is back. And though many won't agree, Mo is much improved, as he even missed most of that 2014 season. Scandrick is back from last year. Carr is back to his natural side of the ball.
Byron Jones as a true FS, allowing the SS to be a true SS, which is most likely Church. So let's see what he can do here as a true SS.
We need to see them all together and how they do. But as usual they hardly played in the PS games, so it will take a few games.

We have the best rotation at DT's for a very long time. They can create a push in the middle allowing the DE's to get more pressure. But this is in theory as we need to see it happen.
When Lawrence returns, and if Gregory is only out 4 games, him too, then that pass rush gets better.
We need to get through these 1st 4 games and Rod will need to come up with some great schemes. But let's see what happens first.

But ultimately this defense should be better. Not great, not top 10, but better. Just as long as they stop blowing those late games. That is my concern over any thing else.

Not sure how much better but I do believe when D-Law comes back we will see an upgrade in QB pressure. Hopefully Gregory will only get 4 games and he can provide some pressure as well.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure how much better but I do believe when D-Law comes back we will see an upgrade in QB pressure. Hopefully Gregory will only get 4 games and he can provide some pressure as well.

Agreed.

The big number I'm looking at is yards per attempt given up.

The 2013 defense was 21st.

The 2015 defense will be better.

Blake

Reaction score

https://out.reddit.com/t3_519av2?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.*******%2Fcz7ndif3ipjx.gif&token=AQAALObOV1m8MWlCEFfg3caXIfFIso2JRN_1kNjMn6i9kzccWff7

How on earth did this guy manage to become a billionaire?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This defense is most definitely not much better than the 2014 one. Honestly, if that was their goal in building this defense, take chances on lower rated, bargain bin players and think they can recreate 2014, LOL..................

That Kyle Wilber comment is hilarious.
The 2015 defense was much better then 2014

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Roy White III ‏@RDubThree 9m9 minutes ago
Jerry on @1053thefan - “The price got right, #1. #2 - he has a game that melds real good with Tony’s, Dak’s, and he can move a lil bit."
Jerry on @1053thefan on Romo - “His importance to us is being about to play in A game…we’ll be real liberal w/evaluating his comeback."
Jerry @1053thefan on Romo - “I don’t want to rule out anything…We don’t have any1 valuable enough to [take away the chance to get him back]”
Jerry on @1053thefan on this year’s defense - “I look at ‘14s defense, and I think we’re better than ‘14s defense.”
Jerry on @1053thefan - “I really like Alfred Morris. I think he’s going to [exceed expectations]."

105.3 The FAN ‏@1053thefan 7m7 minutes ago
Jerry won't rule out if Romo could come back before his planned October return

Charean Williams ‏@NFLCharean 8m8 minutes ago Arlington, TX
At least Jerry Jones was honest on @1053thefan when asked why they signed Sanchez: First the price was right.
erry Jones says on @1053thefan that Tony Romo has a planned test to see how healing is progressing but sounds like no IR.
Jerry Jones says on @1053thefan there isn't enough value in Romo's roster spot to put Romo on short-term IR.
Jerry Jones says on @1053thefan that the Cowboys have a better defense than their 2014 defense. Reminder: That wasn't a good defense.
erry Jones uses phrase "circumcise a mosquito" on @1053thefan in reference to determining whether to short-term IR Tony Romo.
Jerry Jones says on @1053thefan that Kyle Wilber could be on line even though undersized.

Mark Lane ‏@therealmarklane 7m7 minutes ago
On @1053thefan, Jerry Jones says it's exciting to know football is about to be kicked off Sunday for the #Cowboys.
On The Fan, Jerry Jones says the price was right for Mark Sanchez and also his style melds well with that of #Romo's, Prescott's.
If it goes the way we want it to go, [Mark Sanchez] won't take a snap."
On The Fan, Jerry Jones says Dak Prescott is going to be playing. They're very comfortable with him. There's no short or long leash on him.
On The Fan, Jerry Jones says the 2012 Witten spleen case was an instance of the medical time tables being wrong.
On The Fan, Jerry Jones says #Romo is excited about the season for the team. But the organization sees him as missing some games.
On The Fan, Jerry Jones says there's an instance that Randy Gregory serves his four-game suspension and plays some football thereafter.
On The Fan, Jerry Jones says Randy Gregory "is doing the things he should be doing" to win his appeal.
On The Fan, Jerry Jones says Randy Gregory is part of contingency plans for the defense in 2016. But it's subject to the outcome of appeal.
Jerry Jones says the team sees Dak Prescott as who they have. So, saddle him up and come up with wins.
Jerry Jones says the "#Romo is coming back, let's just get by" attitude can't be present while Dak Prescott is under center.
Jerry Jones says the #Cowboys are trying not to get overly enthused by Dak Prescott based on pre-season.
Jerry Jones says Brandon Weeden did not play as well as Dak Prescott has.
On The Fan, Jerry Jones says coaches and teammates "are fully sold" on Dak Prescott.
On The Fan, Jerry Jones says Maliek Collins could really play at a high level in 2016. "He's a mature and capable [project]."
On The Fan, Jerry Jones says he also considers Kyle Wilber a secret weapon of sorts in 2016.
On The Fan, Jerry Jones says Benson Mayowa has the chance to surprise some people in 2016.

Troy Hughes™ ‏@TommySledge 8m8 minutes ago
Jerry Jones says Tony Romo will not go on the IR #Cowboys (@1053TheFan)

David Helman ‏@HelmanDC 7m7 minutes ago
Jerry Jones tells @1053thefan that he plans to be liberal w/ Tony Romo's recovery time, given how much he means to the Cowboys.
Jerry mentions Mayowa, Maliek Collins & Kyle Wilber by name when asked for reasons to feel optimistic about the Dallas defense.
If you're wondering why the Cowboys feel fine rolling with 8 DL, sounds like Wilber's contributions as a pass rusher is part of that.

Crs4Og2UAAAcc6e.jpg:large