Jerry Jones on 105.3 The Fan: "IMO, Jason Garrett will be coaching in the NFL next year"

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just heard this on my way into work, it was the last line of his weekly show on 105.3 The Fan

The question to him was essentially "what is the bar for Jason Garrett to be kept as coach after this season"

Jerry went on to say that there wasn't a bar for keeping or for firing and that they have to look at a bunch of different things, he's heard some of the names being touted but "do they guarantee a Super Bowl?" etc, (bunch of filler)

and then he dropped that line... guys on The Fan are thinking it's along the lines of "not with the Cowboys"

anyone else hear that?

I was listening and thinking same old Jerry speak crap, then he closed with that line and made my day!

mardwin

Reaction score
His comments are open to interpretation. I don't see Jerry guaranteeing that Garrett is coming back next year but Jerry sure is trying to take some of the heat off his HC.

visionary

Reaction score
Just heard this on my way into work, it was the last line of his weekly show on 105.3 The Fan

The question to him was essentially "what is the bar for Jason Garrett to be kept as coach after this season"

Jerry went on to say that there wasn't a bar for keeping or for firing and that they have to look at a bunch of different things, he's heard some of the names being touted but "do they guarantee a Super Bowl?" etc, (bunch of filler)

and then he dropped that line... guys on The Fan are thinking it's along the lines of "not with the Cowboys"

anyone else hear that?

ESPN (which I know no one on CZ listens to :rolleyes::rolleyes::muttley:) ripped him a new one and I couldn’t agree more

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

anyone else hear that?
This is Jerry revealing something about the NFL owners club, better known as the "Good Ole Boys" and how they have each other's backs. It's one of the last places in American business where the components of mid-management seem to suggest we still have a ways to go to see true equality. There is no way JG, if fired by the Cowboys, should automatically have a HC job waiting for him somewhere else. The Rooney rule should prevent this but we all know the best man for the job isn't always hired.

JayFord

Reaction score
Hopefully not with us

He may succeed elsewhere but hes been here since 2007 its should have ended much earlier

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Jerry is an idiot with the “do they guarantee a Super Bowl?” This guy becomes a snake-oil salesman as soon as it comes to Jason. Why even say that?

Does signing Zeke to a massive contract guarantee a SB? Does making Dak the highest paid? Does any move?

“Is Jason likely to win a SB?”

Agree on that guarantee a super bowl. As a former player he should know sometimes its the bounce of the call, the call or non call ( think NO last year) that gets a team to a SB

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's just my opinion but I honestly think something happened between Jason and Pops. Jason has not looked the same this year He looks like a guy biding his time till the season is over.

Thank heavens it will be soon.

pitt33

Reaction score
I would think that no one expects Garrett to not be coaching in the NFL next year. Most head coaches resurface as at least position coaches, coordinators, etc., even if they don't land another head coaching gig.
Jerry may very well be right on Garrett coaching somewhere next year. In all likelihood it will not be as a head coach.

He might be a good quality control coach.

Whatever that is...

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can Jerry be put in an old age home already..

there's enough wacky material out there that Stephen can get a Medical Power of Attorney on him
:muttley: We can only dream...
Medical power of attorney won't do it. He would have to be proven as incompetent in probate court and then have a guardian appointed.

Kaiser

Reaction score
This can only mean that Garrett will be the head coach of the Cowboys next year because only a total idiot would think Garrett could get a job anywhere else.

That's fan-speak and frustration. Garrett took over a bad team and has a .556 winning percentage over 9 seasons. That's the 9th highest winning percentage among active coaches who have been in the job that long.

If you were a Giants fan and knew Garrett was going to be fired, he is exactly the type of coach you would be hoping they hire.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Jerry. For the love of puppies, kittens, and everything that is good please stop talking to the media and please stay away from the players. You have an awesome box from which to watch games.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Never in my time as a fan from 1977 have I wanted a Cowboy coach fired more than Garrett. Never wanted Garrett here as a coach in any capacity. Look forward to the day Garrett is no longer the Cowboys head coach. I will celebrate his departure.

I doubt anyone can point to any specific examples of anything he has done well in his 10 years here. I can't even point to a game where I thought the team was well prepared and had a solid game plan.

reddyuta

Reaction score
If Jerry beings Garrett back there will be a mass revolt a like we havent seen in cowboys history,enough is enough.