Jerry Jones on coaching change

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
What I'm wondering is, is there anyone on the planet, mostly his family, that can talk some sense into this man? Can't Stephen say, Hey Dad, let's just hire a true GM and allow that GM to hire the coach, allow that Coach to hire his coaching staff. If it doesn't work in 5 years, you can go back to being the GM.
Let's just try this Dad, for my sake, for the sake of our family, and for the sake of all miserable Cowboy fans out there.

MarkP88

Reaction score
What I'm wondering is, is there anyone on the planet, mostly his family, that can talk some sense into this man? Can't Stephen say, Hey Dad, let's just hire a true GM and allow that GM to hire the coach, allow that Coach to hire his coaching staff. If it doesn't work in 5 years, you can go back to being the GM.
Let's just try this Dad, for my sake, for the sake of our family, and for the sake of all miserable Cowboy fans out there.
The problem there is Stephen is no better. Maybe Charlotte or Jean. Or some distant cousin.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Let’s see what he says with some more blowouts

Yep, let's see what gives after more losses -- with the media, the fans and his season ticket holders hounding him. When he senses that his monetary intake would suffer, it can sometimes get many an owner to reconsider, even Jerry. Yes, he's done it before, if memory serves. ;)

Last edited:

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Unreal

We joke a lot about these morons, but it is 100% deserved

Well, we did good last year so there’s no reason to change anything. That is literally what he is saying. What kind of jackass thinks that way?

It’s crazy. Someone should have responded that JG was also the coach of 8-8 for three years straight with a top 5 QB

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Someone should inform Stephen that winning a coach of the year award isn't exactly a great accomplishment.
My favorite part of that COY is how Garrett won it largely because the team was bouncing back from 4-12 the year before... when a large part of that terrible record was due to Garrett's incompetence when Romo got hurt.

ROUSH8692

Reaction score
Just now from Gavin Dawson on 105.3 The Fan, Jerry was just asked if he is considering making a coaching change.

His answer: "Absolutely not."

EDIT:

105.3 also reported Jerry went immediately to the locker room and wanted to address the team personally. He addressed the team before any coach did.

Thats what he said when asked if Romo would lose his job and he also said Weeden had the best arm in football.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish someone had some serious dirt on the Jones'. Something that would require he sell the team then.
Trick Jerry into killing you. Make certain to wear a camera that is sending video back to a server.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
You guys will never let go. It's like a girlfriend you were in love with, she left you and you're still hung up on her.

That's the thing. Tony had options if he wanted to keep playing. He chose to move on - I'm guessing rehab from back surgery wasn't much fun, especially for a guy with small kids who loves golf. The CBS offer simply sealed the deal.

yimyammer

Reaction score
The problem there is Stephen is no better.

I get the feeling he's on a mission to win his own super bowls & he's probably better equipped than his daddy but I have little confidence he is better than who he has to compete against

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You guys will never let go. It's like a girlfriend you were in love with, she left you and you're still hung up on her.
I was a Romo critic. I was a huge Dak supporter initially and still rooting for him but I’m not sure he’s the answer.

I critic any players who’s hurting the team. Right now Dak suks and if continues we’re going to suk as bad as we did with Romo for 10 years.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Wade was fired at 1-7. If we lose out next few without zeke how can he not fire Garrett? 0-6? And blown out?