Jerry Jones on coaching change

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I expected this answer, and makes no sense to do it now, even as much as we hope it happens. But after the season is over, he needs to make the change.
But to do so now does nothing. And it's not like trying different players, playing all the draft picks to learn will change anything either.

Just play out the season and hope Jerry does the right thing. Hope he doesn't use his excuses to keep them around another year.

However, it needs to be a complete staff change, not just a few lambs.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
You people are so deluded and really are masochistic in a way if you expect a coaching change.

George

a legend in your own mind
Reaction score
Amazing that the worst owner/GM in the league is a HOFer. Total joke.
I don’t think Jerry is the worst owner/GM of the league. He just refuses to give up control of his team to some coach that might actually return the Cowboys to greatness.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Has anyone seen Jerry meeting with potential coach's on his private plane?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
When a family member who isn't even as big of a football fan, watches yesterday's game and says that the Cowboys need to change things to get better. Yet, Jerry is too stubborn to be willing to make a change. :facepalm:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry supports his coaching staff? It's his prerogative as the owner I suppose but then it's my prerogative as a fan to not support the team. I'm actually enjoying watching the Vikings this season.

LOBO7

Reaction score
Making a coaching change puts Jerry in the national spotlight, the kind of thing he really likes. Late in the season or immediately after. It would be a major topic for the networks all the way through the playoffs. Keeps the Cowboys relevant.

Sydla

Reaction score
Someone should inform Stephen that winning a coach of the year award isn't exactly a great accomplishment.

Some real boobs have won COY in the pros and even in college too.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The suggestion, the Michigan coach should come coach our OSU alumni. :muttley:

Plankton

Reaction score
What substantive change will take place with this lunatic owner running things anyway?

april-io-illustration.ashx

327e496220a620bf18ab6b0e5b586f24--wood-shed-plans-wood-shed-diy.jpg

Gaede

Reaction score
Well, at least everyone is singing the same stupid tune.

Even down to looking in the mirror.

Things are not going to get any better when Stephen Jones takes over.

Unreal

We joke a lot about these morons, but it is 100% deserved

Well, we did good last year so there’s no reason to change anything. That is literally what he is saying. What kind of jackass thinks that way?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Just now from Gavin Dawson on 105.3 The Fan, Jerry was just asked if he is considering making a coaching change.

His answer: "Absolutely not."

EDIT:

105.3 also reported Jerry went immediately to the locker room and wanted to address the team personally. He addressed the team before any coach did.

Just now while sitting on the toilet with my iPad in hand I asked myself if I was considering watching any Cowboy games next year unless there was a coaching change.

My answer: "Absolutely not."

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
The difference is Jerry from the beginning wanted Jason as his HC and Wade was the stop gap...

There is no such incentive here..

He listened to this coaching staff on starting Dak over Romo...
You guys love you some Romo don't you? So he's no longer a Cowboy, why are you still here?