News: Jerry Jones on Cowboys' loss: 'This was a moral victory'

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
If the Cowboys lay an egg next week, I don't see how we should be happy on how we almost beat the Broncos.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
God.. Jerry, just go away FAR AWAY. Moral Victory... Gimme a break..

Jerry gonna hand out little second place trophies too? As well as some cupcakes? Let's cater to the losing team here. Isn't this team soft enough?

newlander

Reaction score
God.. Jerry, just go away FAR AWAY. Moral Victory... Gimme a break..

Jerry gonna hand out little second place trophies too? As well as some cupcakes? Let's cater to the losing team here. Isn't this team soft enough?

he's brutal...I don't want to hate him but...I can't help it.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I completely agree with Jerry. I was really proud of the Cowboys last night. They played against what people were calling the best football team in the NFL. We were supposed to get destroyed yesterday, and we were right there until the end. If We can produce that offense week in and week out, we're going to win most games this year. We have Detroit, New Orleans, and Green Bay.... Outside of that... no team we play is going to be able to do that. We could very easily end up 10-6, 11-5, 12-4 range.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
It didn't feel much like a moral victory to me yesterday. I punched my cat.

What gets my goat the most is. I was "believing".. LOL.. I actually was thinking they could pull this off. They kept pulling me back in.. I was ready and settled for a complete thrashing , and the Cowboys made a game of it.. :)

Doomsay

Reaction score
"I know what's going to happen to me when I say this, but that's a good term," the Cowboys owners said, per the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "This is a moral victory. It's not a loser talking here. We can build off this. I feel as good as you could possibly feel at 2-3. We are going to win enough games to get where we want to be. And get knocking on the door to where we want to be. This was a moral victory today for us."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ones-on-cowboys-loss-this-was-a-moral-victory

Coach Jerry, a moral victor and fine purveyor of everything Cowboy branded.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
At 2-3 normally it would be the end of the world. Instead we're tied for 1st (with Eagles having the advantage) in the NFC East. Our schedule gets much easier as the season goes on. We just had our hardest game of the year and we lost by 3 points... We can beat any team in the NFL.

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
At 2-3 normally it would be the end of the world. Instead we're tied for 1st (with Eagles having the advantage) in the NFC East. Our schedule gets much easier as the season goes on. We just had our hardest game of the year and we lost by 3 points... We can beat any team in the NFL.

Our schedule gets easier? We still have to play at New Orleans, at Chicago, and Green Bay at home. Plus our divisional games won't be cakewalks. I don't think any of our games will be easy wins with maybe the exception of Oakland on Thanksgiving.

Falcon554

Reaction score
I completely agree with Jerry. I was really proud of the Cowboys last night. They played against what people were calling the best football team in the NFL. We were supposed to get destroyed yesterday, and we were right there until the end. If We can produce that offense week in and week out, we're going to win most games this year. We have Detroit, New Orleans, and Green Bay.... Outside of that... no team we play is going to be able to do that. We could very easily end up 10-6, 11-5, 12-4 range.

You know we have to stop other teams right? This could be a 10-6 team if it had any kinda of Defense, but right now they will be lucky to go 6-10 with this D

morasp

Reaction score
Our schedule gets easier? We still have to play at New Orleans, at Chicago, and Green Bay at home. Plus our divisional games won't be cakewalks. I don't think any of our games will be easy wins with maybe the exception of Oakland on Thanksgiving.

Oakland just beat the Chargers.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
And we can lose to any team. Just like we got manhandled by SD in the 2nd half last week and then they got hammered by Oakland last night.

It's not the end of the world. It's the continuation of the one the Cowboys have been in for several years now.

newlander

Reaction score
You know we have to stop other teams right? This could be a 10-6 team if it had any kinda of Defense, but right now they will be lucky to go 6-10 with this D

correct. I said 7-9 before the season and was roundly criticized in here for it. The Dline has been gutted, the LB's are average (despite most 'fans' opinion in here) and the secondary is below average. Carr signing wasn't smart, Church is pedestrian and WIlcox is a rookie. Clayborne? Meh, another blunder by JJ.....only hope is if the old man has an epiphany and hires a GM...but he won't.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Just one more example of why he is a big part of the problem with this team. He sets a cultural where moral victories are to be celebrated.

Common Sense

Reaction score

I love how the third loss for a 2-3 team proves that they can "beat" any team in the NFL.