News: Jerry Jones on Cowboys' loss: 'This was a moral victory'

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm pissed that we lost as well but I'm not going to lose sight of an offense that played to that level. Call moral victory or whatever but to ignor what this offense did how guys like Williams and Beasly played and how the Dallas OL played is something I see as a major positive for the team. Yes in the end it was a loss and there are no good loses but there are performances that you can learn and build from.

We won't build off crap. We're inconsistent and sitting @ 2-3 because of it.

Year in and year out the only thing the is consistent is our effort to be no better than mediocre.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Jerry does not have to do a damn thing It is his team like it or not. Don't watch the damn games. This crap of hissy fits over every single thing Jerry says is beyond stupid it is his fricken team

You are rediculous. Biggest Cowboy apologist i've ever seen. Like the Mickey Spags of this forum.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Jerry does not have to do a damn thing It is his team like it or not. Don't watch the damn games. This crap of hissy fits over every single thing Jerry says is beyond stupid it is his fricken team

Au contraire, Jerry is the single most important person on this team, and he is letting his other teammates know how proud he is.

Carolina Cowboy

Reaction score
Anyone else think we were going to win yesterday, or that we, at the end would figure out a way to lose? Moral victory my ***.

riverside4

Reaction score
I can just imagine Michael Irvin or Charles Haley, back in the day, being happy with a "moral victory." My, we've come a long way. Long doesn't = right.

Haley probably would have gave Jerry a pile driver in the locker room after he was done ripping out all the lockers. Not sure about Irvin but i wouldnt go within 20 ft of him.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Jerry should know not to misuse one of the biggest cliche's in sport. Nobody ever says we just won a moral victory, the correct phrase is that there are none.

perrykemp

Reaction score
My goodness -- I am looking at one of Jerry's quotes from the article:

"I know what's going to happen to me when I say this, but that's a good term," the Cowboys owner said, per the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "This is a moral victory. It's not a loser talking here. We can build off this. I feel as good as you could possibly feel at 2-3. We are going to win enough games to get where we want to be. And get knocking on the door to where we want to be. This was a moral victory today for us."

I CANNOT believe he said this. This sounds like a 4-11 team that played a good game at the end of the year against some team heading to the playoffs. What in the world was he thinking when he said this?

The Broncos left Dallas deeply disturbed, unhappy, and looking for answers on how they almost lost.

The Cowboys -- led by the owner are throwing a fricking party.

Incredible.

NJ22

Reaction score

tico

Reaction score
2nd place speech.. Jerry Junk! Way to back up Garrett Padre...

chicago JK

Reaction score
Carolina went toe to toe against Seattle a few weeks ago. I certainly don't think Carolina is a team of any threat to do any damage this year.

The minute this once proud great franchise talks about moral victories is when you know how far we have fallen. In a parity driven league, our GM and owner seems satisfied about coming close to beating one of the top teams in the league in our home. That is just sad.

I like Garrett, but really did not like seeing him smile at midfield. I want to see desperation from this team knowing jobs are at stake. I know people handle things differently, but really did not want to see a smile right after you lose a game that was there for the taking.

btcutter

Reaction score
If we win the next 4 and the offense plays like it did today, then we can look back and say this was a moral victory. If we continue the up and down offensive performances then it was just another loss.

I agree. Giants used that game against the patriots in 2008 to prove to themselves that they can play with the best. If we can go on are. Then this would be a moral victory.

I also hope the coaches are starting to understand this team and utilize the personnel/scheme better. For example our D can take more chances and become more aggressive than it currently is since we know our offense can score. So instead of sitting back and waiting to be carved up, let's take some chances to create tune overs. If the D is going down at least go down swinging!