News: Jerry Jones on Cowboys' loss: 'This was a moral victory'

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
It is hard for me to put into words my thoughts on this man. As a longtime Cowboy fan.....I am numb. Resigned to the fact that Jerry being Jerry won't go away soon enough and it will only get worse.

As always owning the Dallas Cowboys is a win-win for JERRY. He packed a stadium. The sporting world was watching. We put on a good show. and we ALMOST won. We are the buzz of the day. Popcorn was popping...beer was flowing....jerseys were flying off the rack....when you look at it this way (which I am sure Jerry does)...yesterday was a success!

That right there is the problem. Jerry the owner has one concern: sell the product.

What the GM should have said was something like, "Our defense was awful. Our offense played well enough and put up enough points that we should be able to beat any team in the NFL. I thought that our defensive players are better than this. They did some things OK, we got two takeaways, but against a team like Denver, it's not enough. If you want to win championships, it's not enough."

But that won't happen b.c the owner is more powerful than the GM

Szczepanik

Reaction score
Jerry said what is true. That game proved we can beat anyone in the league, and have the ability to do so. Losing that game sucked... but I am sure that game gave the entire team confidence. Except for the defense..

cowboyvic

Reaction score
Jerry said what is true. That game proved we can beat anyone in the league, and have the ability to do so. Losing that game sucked... but I am sure that game gave the entire team confidence. Except for the defense..
We lost to a chargers team that got shut down by the Raiders last night.

Wayne02

Reaction score

That game didn't prove anything. How can you say that the Cowboys can beat anybody when they didn't win the game? Almost, should'a, could'a, would'a doesn't produce W's. The Cowboys are what their record says they are, an average or below average football team, nothing more, nothing less.

popp1234

Reaction score
Moral victory? My god, has this what my team has become? Hopefully, this type of thinking has not permeated throughout this franchise. Jerry, please make me love you again.

Zordon

Reaction score
Moral victory? My god, has this what my team has become? Hopefully, this type of thinking has not permeated throughout this franchise. Jerry, please make me love you again.

I don't know if its the age or the money that's gotten to him but the man has lost the competitive edge and high standards he came into the league with in 1989.

I've only seen him angry once during the last decade of average football.....that was after the packers game in 2010.

He praises the Giants when they conspire against him. Doesn't even put up the threat of a fight when the league unfairly handcuffs us with penalties.

We have one of the worst defensive performances in our history yet he calls it a "morale victory" and "cuts the defense some slack" b/c we were facing peyton manning.

Jerry stop it, you're doing too much. The over the top praise for the opponents after every game has become nauseating. Did you forget that you purchased the Dallas Cowboys not the Chargers???

Last edited:

17yearsandcounting

Reaction score

Of course it has. It has permeated the franchise down to the fan base where many people's expectations only involve wealthy professional athletes putting in effort.

Sad state of affairs.

Szczepanik

Reaction score
That game didn't prove anything. How can you say that the Cowboys can beat anybody when they didn't win the game? Almost, should'a, could'a, would'a doesn't produce W's. The Cowboys are what their record says they are, an average or below average football team, nothing more, nothing less.

The game proved that we can hold our own against the Superbowl Champions. That is exactly how I can say we can beat anyone. It is common knowledge that we can also lose to anyone in the league as well, but the ability to go out and potentially outpoint one of the most dangerous offenses in NFL history does count for something regardless of having the loss against us. The win would of been great of course, but it is unintelligent to say that putting up 48 against Denver does not mean anything.

And for the record, I was extremely irritated with the loss but at the same time I stand by my statement that we can beat any team in the league. Im not creating rainbows here because we have played 2 poor games and I know my team's flaws.

popp1234

Reaction score
I don't know if its the age or the money that's gotten to him but the man has lost the competitive edge and high standards he came into the league in 1989.

I've only seen him angry once during the last decade of average football.....that was after the packers game in 2010.

He praises the Giants when they conspire against him. Doesn't even put up the threat of a fight when the league unfairly handcuffs us with penalities.

We have one of the worst defensive performances in our history yet he calls it a "morale victory" and "cuts the defense some slack" b/c we were facing peyton manning. Jerry stop it, you're doing too much. The over the top praise for the opponents after every game has become nauseating.

Well, I think Jerry talks up the opponent to make his own team look more competitive after a loss in the eyes of the fans. The problem is, we will be "competitive" on our way to another mediocre season. I have truly lost a lot of respect for the man, from a football standpoint. It seems as though winning has become secondary to financial gains and the team's popularity IMO.

Zordon

Reaction score
Well, I think Jerry talks up the opponent to make his own team look more competitive after a loss in the eyes of the fans. The problem is, we will be "competitive" on our way to another mediocre season. I have truly lost a lot of respect for the man, from a football standpoint. It seems as though winning has become secondary to financial gains and the team's popularity IMO.

i'm past the point of losing respect for him. i just feel sorry for him now. he doesn't realize how foolish he sounds. morale victory? who speaks like this anymore in professional sports?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The game proved that we can hold our own against the Superbowl Champions. That is exactly how I can say we can beat anyone. It is common knowledge that we can also lose to anyone in the league as well, but the ability to go out and potentially outpoint one of the most dangerous offenses in NFL history does count for something regardless of having the loss against us. The win would of been great of course, but it is unintelligent to say that putting up 48 against Denver does not mean anything.

And for the record, I was extremely irritated with the loss but at the same time I stand by my statement that we can beat any team in the league. Im not creating rainbows here because we have played 2 poor games and I know my team's flaws.

For the most part we've been able to beat anyone in the league for years. We just always come up short. This game doesn't really change anything.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
We will go 7-9 and miss playoffs. Denver will win the SB and Jerry will say in the off season that we don't need to do much because we almost beat the SB champs. That sounds like an exaggeration but it's close to the truth and how he thinks.