Twitter: Jerry Jones On Kirk Cousins

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
It is not wise to ever provide any opponent with additional motivation when they're coming to visit. LMAO, why do you think no other FO has ever done it? What a lame excuse for diarrhea of the mouth from that old fool. Does it really matter if it's true or not?

If Cousins has a good game and they win, be interesting to see how this plays out and you can bet the pregame SNF folks will be all over that. Even Buddy Ryan knew better, he'd talk about coaches but never openly about people that actually took the field.
So Jimmy Johnson can guarantee wins and call the Buffalo Bills sloppy and inferior, but Jerry insinuating that Kirk Cousins isn't a better leader than Dak is blasphemy?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL...GM Jerry doing his thing baby!!!

Of course after a couple of bottles of J. Blue....

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
It is hilarious. Jerry Jones comments every single time someone addresses him. He has talked so much all of his comments over the past 30 years would fill a pretty sizable book. However, it is rare when someone stops and asks themselves
why does he talk so much to get a better understanding of the man.

"Will he just shut up?"

lol. Time for a Jerry translation:

Jones: "If [Cousins] is the leader that Dak Prescott is, then he's really, again, he needs to go up a notch because Dak just commands the area that he's in."
Translation: Prescott has top-flight team leadership skills that Cousins does not possess. (pretty straight forward)

Jones: "I haven't necessarily heard that about Cousins"
Translation: I do not know of anything that contradicts my opinion of Cousins as a team leader.

In my opinion, Jones was bragging about Prescott being a much better quarterback in terms of leadership qualities than Cousins. Certainly, it did not need to be said publicly but I do not think Jones said it as bulletin board material--although the Vikings may not see it the same way.

I do believe his words are another example of his high opinion for his franchise quarterback. It is something certain observers should keep in mind as Jones attempts to lock Prescott down long-term.
Why does he brag about Dak when he still have to negotiate contract with him ? bad move
why not leave the talking to someone else?

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why does he brag about Dak when he still have to negotiate contract with him ? bad move
why not leave the talking to someone else?

Cause Dak and his Agent know how bad of a GM is and how lucky they are to be negotiating with a drunken fool!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Just for kicks, Jerry could piss off the world, believing he made it a better place!

If he were half the badass he thinks he is, would he still be R. Goodell's biatch?

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Just for kicks, Jerry could piss off the world, believing he made it a better place!

If he were half the badass he thinks he is, would he still be R. Goodell's biatch?
Jerry talks tough but back down quick

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Not too sure what they put in that Johnny Walker Blue Label hooch but whatever it is, they'd best leave it out of the recipe! :grin:

Something tells me it's purely toxic poison to 40-year-old brains!! :muttley:

Last edited:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3fqb37.jpg

Cause Dak and his Agent know how bad of a GM is and how lucky they are to be negotiating with a drunken fool!
He may be a drunken fool. But he's also a self-made billionaire. Hell, I'd be a drunk too. :lmao:

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You dislike Dak so much but you talk about him more than anything...

That's concerning.

I was responding to a post referring to Dak here.

Open your eyes before you try to throw the stone.....

Now run along and Kiss some Dak-Zoid loving bully's @@@ here before they scare you into submission...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So Jimmy Johnson can guarantee wins and call the Buffalo Bills sloppy and inferior, but Jerry insinuating that Kirk Cousins isn't a better leader than Dak is blasphemy?
I don't recall him calling but one win, against the Niners, and that was not putting their team down but propping his up. I do not recall any comments he made about the Bills being sloppy and inferior.

Tommy

Reaction score
We were losing til a black cat came on the field and changed the entire outlook of the game
Ok. So I guess in your mind you have spun it in a way that makes you right about saying we were going to lose.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Jerry is a dumb billionaire ..

Yes its possible. He opens his mouth in the most inopportune times.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It is not wise to ever provide any opponent with additional motivation when they're coming to visit. LMAO, why do you think no other FO has ever done it? What a lame excuse for diarrhea of the mouth from that old fool. Does it really matter if it's true or not?

If Cousins has a good game and they win, be interesting to see how this plays out and you can bet the pregame SNF folks will be all over that. Even Buddy Ryan knew better, he'd talk about coaches but never openly about people that actually took the field.

Exactly, that's just stupid football. You would think that we could learn from the fact that Doug Pederson spouted off just a couple of weeks ago and it motivated our whole team. It brought Lawrence from Semi Retired to balling out again. The entire defense came alive.

You know, we kinda don't do that I guess.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This happened a few weeks ago.

Zach Brown questioned Cousins and a few days later Cousins carved up the Eagles defense.
If he does it to Dallas, we can't cut Jones immediately like the Eagles did Brown.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Lol kirk is a chump. Bottomline is if we stop Cook then kirk wont do a damn thing and every single poster on here knows that!