Twitter: Jerry Jones on opposing fans at AT&T Stadium

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't get why fans get mad at ownership when there are large opposing fans at a stadium.
If the teams fans would buy the tickets or not sell the tickets to other fans, they would not have as many chances for other teams fans to be there.
I Could understand if the team is losing game after game in a terrible season and the Fans don't want to be there to support it so more tickets go to opposing fans, however this team was on a winning streak. This should have been a prime time for more cowboys fans to by buying tickets and not selling the tickets they might have.

If fans should get mad at anyone for the number of opposing fans at a home game they should be mad at Cowboys fans for not buying the tickets or selling the tickets.

I also notice nobody seems to complain too much when there is a large amount of Dallas Fans at stadiums of games at other teams stadiums. There was a considerable amount of Dallas fans at the Vikings stadium.

Zordon

Reaction score
I mean not much he could do. It's all secondary selling by the fans. Hell even the people who "own" the seat don't know who is buying the seats from them that week.
I need to find the article I read a few years ago about protocols teams like the Eagles and Patriots put in place to prevent this type of thing from happening at their home stadium. Or at least mitigate it. There are things the Cowboys can do, they just don't care.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I don't get why fans get mad at ownership when there are large opposing fans at a stadium.
If the teams fans would buy the tickets or not sell the tickets to other fans, they would not have as many chances for other teams fans to be there.
I Could understand if the team is losing game after game in a terrible season and the Fans don't want to be there to support it so more tickets go to opposing fans, however this team was on a winning streak. This should have been a prime time for more cowboys fans to by buying tickets and not selling the tickets they might have.

If fans should get mad at anyone for the number of opposing fans at a home game they should be mad at Cowboys fans for not buying the tickets or selling the tickets.

I also notice nobody seems to complain too much when there is a large amount of Dallas Fans at stadiums of games at other teams stadiums. There was a considerable amount of Dallas fans at the Vikings stadium.

That's exactly it. It's a free market. Anyone who has paid for their ticket has every right to root for whichever team they want to. It may be annoying if a lot of another team's fans show up, but you can't rightfully make some kind or rule that an opposing team fan has no right to buy a ticket.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Exactly!

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I need to find the article I read a few years ago about protocols teams like the Eagles and Patriots put in place to prevent this type of thing from happening at their home stadium. Or at least mitigate it. There are things the Cowboys can do, they just don't care.

Eagles fans are so nasty to opposing fans that nobody wants to deal with it.

kumizi

Reaction score
What he is saying doesnt make any sense. No one knew before hand that the Broncos were going to win. There were that many Broncos fans at the stadium even though they were expected to get blown out.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
It's the STH's selling their tickets on the secondary market not Jerry. I don't get why some of you can't seem to understand this. I never sell mine because I go regardless of wins and losses but If an opposing fan offers double or triple the face value of the ticket to a fellow STH I don't shame them one bit for selling.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Eagles fans are so nasty to opposing fans that nobody wants to deal with it.

Eagles fans' behavior at games is so despicable that I used to wish the league would kick the Eagles out of the NFL, or that someone would buy the team and move and re-brand it. They've actually injured people by throwing batteries and other debris at them. About the lowest point was when Eagles fans cheered that Michael Irvin was so injured that he had to be taken off the field by medical assistance and he didn't know if he would ever walk again. Many of the Eagles players were disgusted by their own fans' behavior.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

I have been a Cowboys fan since the 80’s…. Why do Cowboys fans complain? Because we have the whiniest fan base in the NFL. Some fans moan and grumble after wins for crying out loud lol….

I get the 26 years of frustration. I have been there for every single one of those barren years. But why are we hated as much as we are?

1. Success breeds contempt
2. We have the largest market share in the league
3. Our fans are vocal about every.single.damn.thing

conner01

Reaction score
They can’t control the secondary market
They could limit direct sales but once you buy a ticket there is no obligation on your part or any secondary ticket seller on who they can sell that ticket to

Doomsday101

Reaction score
fans buy the tickets and many of the season ticket holders keep the tickets for games they want to attend and sell off others to be able to make their money back. It is not Jerry doing nor should he try to control it. Cowboys put tickets on sale and whoever buys them buys them. No one seems to have an issue that Cowboys do well on the road when it comes to putting fans in the stands yet we are to whine because some other fans come to AT&T to watch their teams? lol

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The original comment about that proving its all about money for Jerry is IGNORANT. Jerry's seats are sold.... period. PERIOD, PERIOD.

The secondary market will always bring fans to AT&T, because of all the stadiums people want to visit, its probably in the top 3,4 destinations for opposing fans in the entire league. People that cant comprehend this just are clueless about how the secondary market works.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Unless you have bought tickets on the secondary market, you dont realize what is happening.

BUSINESSES buy THOUSANDS of season tickets from AT&T only for the purpose of putting them on the secondary market.

Back when we actually had TICKETS mailed to us, my tickets always seems to come from the exact same location in Las Vegas... not some individual. That just showed me the exact reason why all of the Cowboys tickets are sold out as soon as they go on sale. It is very frustrating to me as afan. So instead of being able to buy some tickets at face value from the Cowboys, we get screwed and are forced to buy from secondary markets at 2 and 3 times face value.

nmcowboys

Reaction score
Most of the people buying season tickets aren't even fans they are buying them for profit

phildadon86

Reaction score
Eagles fans' behavior at games is so despicable that I used to wish the league would kick the Eagles out of the NFL, or that someone would buy the team and move and re-brand it. They've actually injured people by throwing batteries and other debris at them. About the lowest point was when Eagles fans cheered that Michael Irvin was so injured that he had to be taken off the field by medical assistance and he didn't know if he would ever walk again. Many of the Eagles players were disgusted by their own fans' behavior.
Ive been to Philly. December 2014 when Dez had 3 tds in the first half. I was wearing a Dez jersey. I wasnt starting any issues or anything of the sort. I was ran out of the stadium in fear of my life at Halftime. Walking into the stadium I had a football thrown at me, a water bottle, and was called the worst names ever. Normally I would fight back as I have a long history of martial arts but when its 30000 on 1. It doesnt matter. That place is gross and I will NEVER set foot in that stadium again.